Wake Up Howard

Started by frawin, December 17, 2015, 04:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

It is past 4:30 in the Afternoon and there has not been a Post on the Fotum since 7:00 A.M.this Morning.

Maybe, I should have said Wake Up Elk County.

Wilma

We were all waiting for you, Frank.

frawin

Hey Miss Wilma, I should have known you would be the first to respond to my Post. I think you are always up and busy. You are my kind of Wilma.  How  is your Weather, we are supposed to get our first Frost tonite. I am not ready for Winter but I never have been ready for Winter. I still remember walking to School in the Cold Weather and Snow, and I did not have very Warm Clothes or Shoes. My guess is you had it a lot worse in your day.

Wilma

I was a child of the Depression.  However, we usually lived pretty close to school.  We even lived in town for six years and had only five blocks to walk.  The furthest we ever had to walk was two miles but most of the time we had a ride.  The worst I ever had it was during my sophomore year when a blizzard moved in after school took up.  School was dismissed at noon and my little brother and I headed for home some five miles out into the country in the folk's '36 Chevy sedan.  About a mile from home we got high centered on a drift and couldn't move.  Didn't have anything with us to dig out with, either.  Home was about half a mile as a crow flies across a wheat field.  The wind was to our back and I got along pretty good, but Little Brother kept tripping on clumps and falling and I would wait for him.  He was a little on the plump side and he was already cold from trying to get the car free.  We finally made it home.  My feet and hands were in pretty bad shape, but Mother knew what to do.  There wasn't any permanent damage, but my hands were so swollen that I couldn't play the piano all the time that I had to stay home from school.  They were also very sensitive to cold for years and years to come.  This was in Sedgwick County.  I don't think it gets that bad here in Elk County.

Warph

Frank.... we are going into our second week of frosty nights here in Surprise, AZ.  My dog Rowdy woke me at 4:30 am today to do his potty thingy and the two outdoor thermometers out on the patio read 27.3° and 26.8° degrees.  Rowdy usually wakes me around four each morning and the temps have been 33°dgs or below freezing... unusual for this time of year.  Hate to think about Jan. & Feb.  Our weather man has really missed his predictions on Surprise weather.  It's getting to be a hassle covering the plants each night.  Can't wait for the 115° dgs to get here.  It was 39° at 7:30 this AM when I teed off on Hole One... I was afraid my frosty golf ball was going to explode.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

frawin

Warph the unusual bad Weather you are having, Is due to the Devil's Disciple, OBUMA, paying you back for all of those nice Posts you have been making about him. Keep up the good work, we really like your Posts. Have a great Day. I just noticed on the Thermometer that it is 31 out, our first Frost on December 18, that is late for here.

Jane

Good Morning Frank
Look like no one is up a running yet except us. We are going to Howard today to check on our old house and rake more leaves, that blow over from the Court House lawn. Hope you have a good day. Tell Myrna, Good Morning.

frawin

Good Morning Jane, have a safe trip to Howard, If I was still living in Bartlesville, we would meet you in Howard and have Dinner with you and we would buy, it would be well worth it to see you and Rex and give our favorite Jane a big Hug.

Jane

It would be nice to see you guys, but I know you will be in for Memorial day. We will be there for the whole weekend, so will see you then. Jane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk