MARSHALL, Kenneth Dariel - b. November 8, 1928 - d. January 30, 2015

Started by patyrn, February 03, 2015, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Kenneth Dariel Marshall, 86, of Topeka, Kansas, passed away peacefully in the company of his family on Friday, January 30, 2015.  Kenneth was born November 8, 1928 in Wellington, Kansas, the son of Carl and Ollie (Moore) Marshall.

Kenneth lived in Hunniwell, Kansas until his early teen years when his family moved to Moline, Kansas.  He graduated from Moline High School and then attended Pittsburg State in Kansas for one year.  On June 15, 1957, he married Saditha Stoops in Howard, Kansas.  Kenneth and Saditha were married for 57 years, and she survives at their home, 177 NE Coachlight Drive, Topeka, Kansas 66617.

Kenneth worked for a short time on his parents' farm and also briefly for Purina.  He began working for the Kansas Department of Transportation in July 1955 as an Engineering Aide II.  During this time, he lived and worked in Salina, Junction City, and Wilson, Kansas.  He was later promoted and moved to Norton, Kansas and finally took a promotion in Topeka, Kansas where he retired as an Engineering Technician VI on March 1, 1990.

In his younger years, Kenneth enjoyed rodeoing as a bull rider, trick rider, and clown (bull fighter).  Throughout his life, his interests included watching rodeos, gardening, hunting, fishing and he had a great love of working with stock animals.  Most of all, he loved spending time with his family.

Including his wife, Saditha, Kenneth is survived by his son, Kevin Marshall and wife, Jo of Yakima, Washington; his daughter, Karen Marshall of Topeka, Kansas; his son, Kelly Marshall and wife, Erica of Topeka, Kansas; 7 grandchildren (David, Stephanie, Amanda, Chelsie, Shelby, Sydney, Madeline); and 5 great-grandchildren (Hayleigh, Magdalen, Maddison, Benjamin, Samantha, Gabriela).  He was preceded in death by his parents; sisters, Maxine Burdett and Lila Koftan; daughter, Vanita Marshall (1963-1965) and granddaughter, Sarah Partlow (1980-2012).

The family will be holding a local memorial in Topeka, Kansas at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 195 NE Coachlight Drive in Topeka.  Funeral services will be held Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. at Countryside Funeral Home in Howard, Kansas with visitation one hour prior to service time (10:00 a.m.).  Burial will follow at the Moline Cemetery in Moline, Kansas. 

A memorial has been established for the Midland Hospice House of Topeka.  Contributions can be left with or mailed to the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Services are entrusted to Countryside Funeral Home, 206 E. Washington, Howard, Kansas 67349.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Ole Granny

My sympathy to Kenneth's family.  I remember him as a very sweet and polite person. I believe the last time I saw Ken was at the cemetery where he was knelling by his daughter's grave.  Her grave is close to my parents and we usually would speak.  RIP
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk