In The News

Started by sixdogsmom, December 17, 2014, 10:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

We have had several astonishing things happen around the world and close to home in recent days. First there was a murder by a mother of her ten year old son not too far from here. Second, the Taliban has slaughtered at least 122 children in Pakistan, and third is the flood in northern California where folks are just now returning to their homes from shelters. Any input on these happenings?
Edie

upoladeb

some days I feel like It can't get much worse then you hear about a woman stabbing her son to death and relize it can.Prayers to the sister and for the mud victims but maybe their drought is endin.

Diane Amberg

Unfortunately there are bad things and sad things every day. Thanks to the very competitive 24 news programs, we can hear or see it all.
The Taliban feels justified in all the things that we consider horrible because their views are not ours and life doesn't have the same value.The killing of those children made me cry, yet I know that's how they are. I feel the same way about ancient art and antiquities that are stolen or destroyed during wars and attacks.Irreplaceable, yet sacrificed to make a point and keep people in line.
There are always going to be mentally ill people who kill for reasons we will never understand. It's all very sad.
  Some people make conscious choices to live in high risk areas and they are allowed to do so. Our freedoms don't always lead to sound judgement. You couldn't pay me enough to cantilever my home on a cliff side or in a flood or earthquake prone area, yet people do it all the time. Hurricane Sandy was a good example. It was always a high risk area to live in and nature finally called in the loan. There are areas that are still just piles of rubble.
We almost bought a beach condo years ago, but looked at the real total costs and decided it would be better and safer to just rent for the occasional vacation. We have been proven right several times over the years when storms swept up the east coast.
Now we are into the suicide season. People look back at the year coming to a close, don't like the emotional pain they have suffered, and see nothing to look forward to next year, so they end it. Heartbreaking.
I have three friend couples whose adult children ended their own lives and the parents never ever came to terms with why they did it. Two  couples devorced because of it. One couple became even closer.
That life pendulum swings back and forth all the time and we are incapable of affecting it.
The mess with the police becoming militarized in some areas will perhaps get worse before it gets better, but it will eventually find center ground again.
Some of the things that happen do challenge my faith sometimes. I find it helps to look for something meaningful and good every day. It's still cloudy here...again. I could sure use some sunshine.

Varmit

Seems pretty simple really....hang the mother...leave the Taliban alone ....and people shouldn't build houses in high risk areas then act shocked when something like that happens.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk