District 1, County Commission

Started by Gadsden1775, August 08, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadsden1775

Quote from: Nancy on October 08, 2014, 09:20:16 PM
Doug Ritz is a good man. No one has said he is not.
You're right, no one has come out and said that Doug is not a good man ON THIS FORUM. See, when I am out and about for one thing or another and around various groups of individuals, they don't know who I am on this forum. That tends to keep people honest with their true colors and then I know when someone is two faced and a bald faced liar.
Quote from: upoladeb on October 13, 2014, 06:32:01 AM
Business in the towns are taxed out of business. This county knows how to work together.
There once was an Elk County Economic Development Director. Economic Development should be someone helping area businesses with business related problems. Helping business owners GROW their businesses. This was not the case. Our economic development director was "hired" to do Elk Konnected's business. She was hired to research grants for Elk Konnected. She wasn't hired to help the small businesses of Elk County as she should have been doing. That is why she is no longer employed as economic development director. Also, businesses being taxed to death are not the problems in this county. Statewide tax cuts were enforced for small business by Governor Brownback. In this county over the last four years there has been a significant reduction in taxes. Therefore if businesses have closed due to taxes in the past 4 years, they had major problems before the last four years. Individuals have also seen this reduction in taxes and I challenge anyone to go to the courthouse and check for themselves. Go and find out how much you paid in property taxes for the past 4 or 5 years and tell me that it hasn't gone down! I can tell you personally that my taxes have gone down significantly.
At the Elk County Free Fair candidate forum debate between Kaminska and Ritz, Kaminska stood there in front of God and everybody and said that "taxes will be raised because it has to be done"! WHY DO TAXES HAVE TO BE RAISED? People are more willing to spend money WHEN THEY HAVE THAT EXTRA MONEY TO SPEND! The people I have talked to haven't had that extra money until recently because of the reduction in property taxes! She said that she was going to bring businesses either to Longton or Elk County (it wasn't specified which) but she gave us no information as to what businesses or just how she would get them to come here. I'm thinking that those businesses, if there are any, will go to the Howard area and Longton will lose out yet again. I hear that there may be a Dollar General going in to Howard but I know personally that Shari Kaminska and EK had NOTHING to do with stepping up to the plate for that business to come to Elk County. We could have had that business here YEARS ago, but no one was interested in trying because a big box store would "hurt" our local businesses. People will still use local businesses but I will bet money that when they are out of town [b]WORKING[/b], they stop at WalMart, Dollar General and the likes! It would be stupid of them not to! Save a dollar here, save a dollar there and have money left to spend ELSEWHERE!

It's a NO BRAINER people! If you would like to keep paying less property taxes and see this county get better and better, write in Doug Ritz November 4th. If not, you have no one to blame but yourselves when everything you've worked hard for is taken from you!

Patriot

Quote from: Gadsden1775 on October 13, 2014, 06:50:17 PM
Individuals have also seen this reduction in taxes and I challenge anyone to go to the courthouse and check for themselves. Go and find out how much you paid in property taxes for the past 4 or 5 years and tell me that it hasn't gone down!...

Yes.  And be sure to look at the tax breakdowns.  It seems the two major school boards have been working hard to keep overall rates UP.    For example in 2013 alone, the county had a 10.91% mill (2.14% dollar) DECREASE.  But West Elk schools had a 2.15% mill (22.09% dollar) INCREASE!  In spite of receiving more state special assistance funds than most other school districts in Kansas.  Yet standardized test scores continue to fall, and the numbers of kids going on to college hovers around 20%. Of course, the school board is still very active in chasing the EK agendas and placing their emphasis on new gymnasiums, ball field watering systems & non-teaching staff instead of curriculum & teacher pay.  Go figure.

Quote from: Gadsden1775 on October 13, 2014, 06:50:17 PM
...At the Elk County Free Fair candidate forum debate between Kaminska and Ritz, Kaminska stood there in front of God and everybody and said that "taxes will be raised because it has to be done"! WHY DO TAXES HAVE TO BE RAISED?...

Sounds very much like the Democrat process followed for decades:  TAX and SPEND.  Especially on social programs that have been shown to produce very little in the way of growth & prosperity and very much in the way of unintended negative consequences & bigger government!

Of course, Elk citizens, it's only money.  YOUR money, but only money.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Gadsden1775

Thank you nykkelsdymes for enlightening the forum with the website Ritz4Elk.com.  It is chock full of very good  information that EVERY voter should read! Taxes have been too high in this county for too long and we the taxpayers are just now beginning to see the relief. A mans' home is his castle but we were all feeling like paupers with the ridiculous amounts of property taxes we were paying. Elk County aren't you all tired of being taxed to death? Ms. Kaminska has already stated that your taxes will INCREASE if she is the District 1 Commissioner. Can you afford it Elk County? I for one cannot. We need to write-in Doug Ritz and keep the common sense we've had for the past four years!

PROVEN LEADER. PROVEN RESULTS. DOUG RITZ.

Gadsden1775

There hasn't been an election more important in years, than the 2014 General Election tomorrow. Have you all thought what is at stake here in Elk County? Your homes are at stake. If you can't pay your property taxes, you can lose your home to a tax sale. Your family's well being is at stake. If you have to spend all of your hard earned money on property taxes, you won't have the extra money for medication, groceries, your utilities (and we know that the electric spikes at least twice a year), any kind of emergency, etc.

Ms. Kaminska stated in Longton at the fair in August at the Farm Bureau debate between her and Mr. Ritz that taxes would have to be raised. This is a point we have been trying to drive home for all of you. Not everyone can afford the higher property taxes. If a business would want to relocate here, they would most likely be exempt from paying a percentage of their property taxes for several years. Would YOU be exempt? NO! As long as special interests and big business was happy, no one would care about you, the taxpayer. Elk County residents and people that might possibly move here to work for these "businesses" are NOT going to get tax breaks like the businesses would.

These last four years with Doug Ritz on the commission, many families have gotten used to the mill levy decreases which has lowered property taxes. Mr. Ritz is a fiscal conservative which is exactly what this county needs. Let's give Mr. Ritz the opportunity to continue helping Elk County.

"Taxes will have to be raised!"--Shari Kaminska, 8/2/2014 We heard her loud and clear. Now she needs to hear you all as well. WRITE-IN TO RETAIN DOUG RITZ AS DISTRICT ONE COUNTY COMMISSIONER!

Nancy

Unofficial but looks like congratulations go to Shari.

Gadsden1775

Yes, the results are unofficial but it looks like District 1 lost big time, Ms. Liebau. At least for the next four years. In 2 more years, we will be helping out District 3 with their campaigning and unseating.

frawin

Congratulations to Shari, as a property owner in Elk County, I am pleased to see you elected. I am looking at more property now.

Ross

Quote from: Gadsden1775 on November 04, 2014, 11:10:33 PM
Yes, the results are unofficial but it looks like District 1 lost big time, Ms. Liebau. At least for the next four years. In 2 more years, we will be helping out District 3 with their campaigning and unseating.

Elk County lost big time, Gadsen. It's a sad day for Elk County in my opinion.
We lose a very good and honest man and very good and honest County Commissioner, Doug Ritz.

And I do believe we gain another Elk Konnected Kontrolled Kounty Kommissioner's Board.

Only time will tell the truth.

redcliffsw

Quote from: frawin on November 05, 2014, 06:07:04 AM
Congratulations to Shari, as a property owner in Elk County, I am pleased to see you elected. I am looking at more property now.

Are you a buyer or you just talking again?

Diane Amberg

A very interesting outcome. Apparently the majority spoke.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk