Started by Gadsden1775, August 08, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS??

KAKE NEWS CHANNEL 10 WICHITA

Elk County Residents Receiving Property Tax Relief Through Wind Farm

By: Chris Frank
Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Kansas wind farm will provide a tax break to residents of Elk County.

The Caney River Wind Farm will offset more than $400,000 in property taxes in 2014. Elk County has the highest property taxes of all of Kansas 105 counties.

Though the wind farm is exempt from state property taxes, it still pays the county for being there, to the tune of $917,000 this year.

Elk County Commission Chairman Doug Ritz says the county will use $420,000 to lower property taxes for the county's 2,900 residents next year. It will mean a savings of 17%.

WRITE-IN DOUG RITZ, DISTRICT 1 COUNTY COMMISSIONER
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on August 08, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
And then I have seen some of the Kaminska supporters and they are known Elk Konnected cheerleaders. The only reason it would piss them off by my saying this is because they are being outed.

Ask yourselves why are they hiding?
Ask yourselves why none will admit to being Followers?
Yes, that is the label given to them, Followers!
I prefer Sheeple to the term Followers, basically the names are interchangeable.

Ms. Kaminska brought up the West Elk School Business about taxing the hell out of us for a new gymnasium.
So, I feel I must repeat myself.

I have watched first hand at many meeting the Konnected School Board Members at West Elk and they totally lack couth. decorum, or decency. There has been only one School Board Member exhibit any of those qualities and I am refering to Mr. Bellar.

No, I am not a personal friend of any of them.

I don't believe any of them actually know what their job is as a School Board Member.
A clue, it's education --- not unnecessary construction. That is why it is known by the state as the School Board of Education.

The job entails overseeing the school education standards and requiring the School Superintendent to perform certain tasks to accomplish the School Boards requirements. Such as performing teacher and staff evaluations as frequently as required by the Board Members.

These are School Board of Education meetings, not a School Superintendent Meetings to be dominated by the School Superintendent.

This School Board does not appear to recognize that the School Superintendent is responsible to them instead of the other way around. This is part of the reason the School Superintendent sits at the head of the Board, the other part is the inability to understand protocol and their own responsibility.

And we call these people leaders of our community?

I have yet, to hear a proper conversation amongst the school board members with any intelligible input on education.

Do you have any idea where the West Elk School Board of Education stands on Common Core?

Do they know where they stand?

Leadership, Where?

Hiding behind ignorance and the inability to have a meaningful dialog at the meetings.

Just my opinion.

upoladeb

Gads1775 could you enlighten me on who hasn't paid taxes in 40 years?

Gadsden1775

Upoladeb: I'm assuming this is the statement causing your question: "Not every business in the county is given 40+ years of tax breaks and they shouldn't be!" I didn't state that the business hadn't paid taxes at all in 40+ years. Tax BREAKS.

There's a hunting lodge, by membership only, on Quail road that has been given 40+ years of property tax breaks. And now, just in the past couple of years, is this county starting to see some of that property tax money being PAID. IMO, that's long overdue. I'm guessing that their taxes would run somewhere around $40,000/year. Do the math for forty years.

I have also received information that there was a private residence on Limestone road between roads 9 and 10 that was designated as a church because the owner was a pastor. This made that property exempt from paying taxes for several years. Details would be available through the County Appraiser, Clerk and Treasurer.

What are your thoughts on special treatment?

upoladeb

I had ass u med that is who it was.i wasn't sure if it was some of the quarries.i don't think anyone should get a free ride.

kshillbillys

To the District 1 County Commissioner Elect...how many meetings have you attended since you were elected?  Do you just sign your name to the register so your name can be put in the paper like you were there? I mean, you did attend the meeting for Longton City Council for September, but you just signed your name on the register at the courthouse and left before the commission meeting started. That reminds me of hearing that Barack Hussein Obama used to only vote present in the Senate before he got in the White House and everybody knows what kind of disaster it has been since he took up residence there! And we will expect the same from you. That is why I will write in Douglas C. Ritz for County Commissioner, a man who helped set this county on the right track. We don't need to return to the broken policies that we once had under previous commissioners.--Robert L. Walker

WRITE-IN DOUGLAS C. RITZ, DISTRICT 1 COUNTY COMMISSIONER

Ross

Way to go Walker

Sorry I can't help I live i District 3.

But wait a minute didn't she say she was going to bring 4 (four) industries to Longton?
How can anyone beat that kind of promise?

Even though I think she is Konnected to Elk Konnected and if she gets seated that would give control of Elk County back to Elk Konnected.

Wouldn't it be worth getting 4 (four) industries and a new full time position of a Konnected Elk County Economic Development Employee ? After all after a salary of $40,000 (+) and all the expenses of medical coverage and paying social security taxes that might only cost the taxpayers around $50,000. Not to terribly bad ! Even though the previous Economic Development Employees accomplished nothig for improving the economy.

But hey, it's ony money, right?

kshillbillys

I would like to know what 4 industries she is planning on bringing to Longton, KS. I remember her saying that but she never did enlighten anyone on what those industries were. Also, shouldn't someone wanting to be our voice for the county give us their complete resume? You know, places worked, years worked, reasons for dismissal/quitting, why a company wouldn't want you to relocate and keep working there after years of service, etc. There are so many questions that went unanswered; plenty of attitude (at least by her other half) but no real answers.

Patriot

Quote from: kshillbillys on October 02, 2014, 05:39:52 PM
I would like to know what 4 industries she is planning on bringing to Longton, KS. I remember her saying that but she never did enlighten anyone on what those industries were.

Possibilities include:

1.  Blacksmith's shop
2.  Farrier service
3.  Haberdashery
4.  Saloon w/Hotel
5.  Ice house
6.  Wheelwright service

All are forward looking opportunities in a growing economy utilizing needed local skills.

Or maybe she's bidding to get an Amazon Distribution Center.. Oh, wait... they just turned down a 10 million dollar 'incentive' to retain their Coffeyville center so they can relocate to Texas.

The problem is, when you ask.. she dodges like a true politician.  But seniors do love the regular, pre-election visits.  You've heard of Windows 7.0 & 8.0, well welcome to Liz 2.0. Good luck, District 1.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

That sounded a whole lot to me like Obama's broken promises.

Could that be filed under hope and change, coming from someone that abandoned Elk County for 25 years and has returned to be it savior?

Just asking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk