the official city of Howard, KS website

Started by the shadow, July 18, 2014, 07:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upoladeb

wheres all the people that got together and filled the clock tower with a clock? why hasn't some one volunteered?(to fix the web site)

Patriot

Looks like something around only half of that site contains useable information.  And much of that is outdated, poorly formatted or incomplete. 

And yes, that appears to be a 'cookie cutter' website. The template is provided by a service provider and the user just adds content.  Shake n Bake at its best.  In this case, it looks like the 'provider' is the Kansas Rural Water Association.  As a way to raise revenue, the KRWA is offering this 'service' for $500 up front and then $100/year.  Here,look for yourself:  http://www.krwa.net/demo/demo.asp

The catch... you gotta keep the content filled in & fresh.  Not unlike that thing the county was sold several years back (for a much higher cost, of course).  And I suspect that the same employee was behind both projects.

I did notice the employee page contains a couple of names that are no longer in their referenced positions.... for very different reasons.

I wonder if they could employ a high school student with interests & aptitudes in such technology to keep the thing current.  It sure would reflect more favorably on the city.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk