3 (37.5%)
Voting NO
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 09:02:10 AM

Nancy

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on May 22, 2014, 09:33:36 PM
Hang in there, Mom.  When you're right, you're right.  And right you are.  I have a very good source that works out there, too, and everything you have said is true.  If anyone doesn't believe it, they have only to visit the school and see for themselves.  Actually, they have only to drive by it and view the modulars parked on the north side of the building.  Little rooms that have only one outside door, no water, no restrooms without going to the main building, which, by the way is not connected to the little rooms.  Yes, the children have to go outside to another building to get a drink or to go to a restroom.

She is right in your opinion, right Wilma?

I didn't hear you complain 5 years ago.

Oh the anguish, the pain, the torture the School Board has created for our dear little children! Wilma don't you think it was a terrible mistake for the School Board to close down the Moline Grade School and cause all this misery for the little children? Forcing children to walk to a bathroom or a water fountain --- such horrid treatment. It might affect over weight children and cause weight loss.  LOL class room

We need water fountains in each room to prevent this horrid treatment and a bath room right beside every class room,  with doors that open into the class room, don't we? LOL

There is no physical education room available for the children.  They have to be fitted into the high school schedule to use the gymnasium.  Same thing for the lunch room, they have to be fitted into the high school schedule.

The grade school children were fitted into the high school system period, when the School Board shut down the  grade school. Which was their goal. I didn't hear you complain 5 years ago.

What do you call the gymnasium that the children are using?
It has been working just fine for five years.
It is exactly what the School Board wanted, when they shut down the Moline Grade School.

Oh, and remember the talk of socializing that children learn by attending public School.

And as I suggested in a previous post, the gigantic concern of balls from the big kids side of  the gymnasium hurting little kids on the other side of the gymnasium, I suggested putting up the center line safety net. Well one of the coaches during a conversation with the school board said the exact same exact thing. He also said he did not want to use the Assembly of God for a gymnasium.

Six hundred students?   don't believe the gymnasium or the auditorium, either, would hold 600 students, not to mention their parents and other interested parties.

But we don't have to worry about having 600 students, do we? We have a declining population. I just watched another citizen moving out of their home.

Did you notice, West Elk had a larger graduating class this year then either Sedan or Burden and much larger than Elk Valley.  At least one of the grades is so large it has to be divided and use two class rooms.

How many kids graduated this year ? Was it 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30?
Such a large graduating class? OMG!
Let's suppose, and simply suppose, because neither of us has statistics or documentation. Lets assume that 30 students graduate and each one had 10 invited guests show up.  That would only be 300 people. Now a grade school gymnasium with out bleachers, and separate from the auditorium and the other gymnasium just would not full fill your 600 number would it.

But if you want to believe what is blared across this Forum by a person who has been proven to either not have the correct facts or who willfully continues to spread the wrong facts, then that is your privilege.

My, my Wilma that thar sounds like that politically correct language for calling me a liar. Shame on you! Pardon my lack of being politically correct, but shame on you!

Who has proven me to be dishonest or a liar? Where are the wrong facts that you speak of?  Please show the wrong facts about this subject ! I sure would like to correct them.

Just in case you have forgotten Wilma, I feel compelled to inform you that I have: 

1.   Admitted to being human and subject to errors that humans make.
2.   I have clearly stated that I don't expect anyone to believe anything I say.
3.   I have also said the citizens should discuss the information with friends and relatives.
4.   I don't know if I have said this or not, but if any one has any documentation, please share with us.

Use your intelligence.  Get your information from the source and by source, I mean the people who are in the building day after day, with the children and who personally know the conditions.  The people who work in those conditions.  They will be glad too answer your questions.
Why do they speak behind closed doors. The School Board is the proper venue and I can almost promise you the School Board is reading every line of this forum. Especially the Konnected School Board members.

Why haven't the people that work their spoke up before?
Why didn't they speak up 5 years ago?

But you know what since the beginning of time employees have always wanted better working conditions and some have always sat back and let others do their work for them.
Now you know that is the truth!

Ross, do you have any official information as to what it would cost to renovate the Moline school building to accommodate the grade school children?  And remember, it has to come up to state regulations.

Has the School Board even considered having a study done?

Do you Wilma have any official information and documentation for anything you say?

Just being an employee of the taxpayers does not give credence or factuality or documentation to what that employee may or may not say Wilma. Their statements are merely opinion and nothing more?

The same goes for someone running for office that says, I was born and raised here, That is a piss poor reason to vote for someone, in my opinion!

The same goes for asking someone, if they have children attending the school.  That too is a piss poor qualification, in my opinion!

Thank you for reading all my gibberish Wilma, and I hope you have a great day.

Oh, one more thing ladies please! Do you live in Howard?

Nancy

What difference does it make where you live, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Wilma

Ross, I do NOT read your gibberish.  I get my information from the posts that point out your errors.  I do NOT read your gibberish or hallucinations or whatever else anyone wants to call them.

I read the posts of rational people.

Where was I five years ago?  I was supporting the building of a new school for the grade school so that our children can have the same benefits that larger schools offer.  Have you forgotten already?

Ross, in all that gibberish, did you answer my question as to official information about renovating the old Moline school to accommodate today's grade school population.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on May 23, 2014, 12:40:54 PM
Ross, I do NOT read your gibberish.  I get my information from the posts that point out your errors.  I do NOT read your gibberish or hallucinations or whatever else anyone wants to call them.

But Wilma you do read my gibberish, which you prove by responding about being rational.  Just what is rational about saying and I quote, "Ross, I do NOT read your gibberish."

You just can't find those posts and re-post them as quotes, I guess ! So apparently they don't exist? Too bad!

I read the posts of rational people.

Who would those rational people be?

Would they perhaps be the Howard Progressive Liberals that enjoying wastefully spending taxpayers money on something that is not needed?

Where was I five years ago?  I was supporting the building of a new school for the grade school so that our children can have the same benefits that larger schools offer.  Have you forgotten already?

I did not ask where you were 5 years ago. I simply said, "I didn't hear you complain 5 years ago".

Quote from: ROSS on May 23, 2014, 09:31:01 AM

You were supporting something that was not needed, and the vote by the taxpayers and voters on the issue proved that, didn't it.

Why did you support building a new grades school, when there was a perfectly useful grade school in Moline that was in use at the time as I recollect?

Did you support all that foolishness of shutting the Moline Grade School and spending $500,000 on the portable buildings and now you are not satisfied. Is that it?

By the way Larger School Buildings do not offer Better Educational Benefits!
So who is rational now?

Those big city folks have thousands and thousands of taxpayers to pay for fancy stuff that has nothing to do with education. If you think kids need that kind of stuff, send them there where they face a lot more problems and possible a school massacre. We have what the students need for a safe and sane education out here.

You are only speaking of stuff, right? Not education, right. There is a very big difference.

Ross, in all that gibberish, did you answer my question as to official information about renovating the old Moline school to accommodate today's grade school population.

Yes, I did.

Has the School Board even considered having a study done?

That says no, there is no documentation for anyone. Which proves nothing, right?

Did you answer my questions, no!
Here they are once again for you:

Do you Wilma have any official information and documentation for anything you say?

Oh, one more thing ladies please! Do you live in Howard?

Thanks for the on going chit-chat. I enjoy it.

We don't like Federal Government waste of taxpayer's money have we?

Some of us don't like Local Government waste of taxpayers' money?

And will vote "NO" just like the School Board expects.

Nope Wilma, I am not rational on your level.
I am a very proud redneck, hick.
And Wilma, I might be crazy but I ain't insane!
Oh and I'm high but not on drugs, I'm high on life.

TTFN!

Nancy

Ross you are not a rednick. Again what difference does it make if you live in Howard, Moline, Severy, Elk Falls, or Grenola

nykkylsdymes

Use your intelligence.  Get your information from the source and by source, I mean the people who are in the building day after day, with the children and who personally know the conditions.  The people who work in those conditions.  They will be glad to answer your questions.

Ross, do you have any official information as to what it would cost to renovate the Moline school building to accommodate the grade school children?  And remember, it has to come up to state regulations.

Yes use your intelligence people.  Get your information and realize that we are being hosed, period.  I am not saying that our school does not need some improvements, but not $4,000,000.00 worth of my tax and the good citizens of the counties tax money. Spending per student here in West Elk is one of the highest in the state!  We spend over $23,000/year/student just in West Elk.  That is more than most people make in this county in a year.  And they want more of my money???!!!  This is outrageous.  No I think the school has become nothing more than another way to get more of other people's money and I won't stand for that. 

It wont cost $4,000,000.00 to upgrade the Moline school AND do some improvements in the High School. 

The children are not suffering as many would think being in portable buildings.  Tons of schools use them and the kids are doing just fine.  If fact, was it not the school board's idea to close down the Severy and Moline school and say the portables with save us tons of money???? Now they aren't good enough????? Unbelievable.

I am tired of being taxed to death in this county and most of my taxes that are going up are the school taxes not the county taxes overall.  The county has decrease the last two years, thanks to the Board of Commissioners doing what they said they were going to do, put the wind farm money toward lowering taxes and fixing roads.  But the school just goes up and up and up.  And no one said a word about it.  Do you people even realize that the school board is a taxing authority by themselves?  With $23,000 we can put them through college at a good college here in kansas, and includes room and board!

Stay at it Ross, keep the people informed and let them decide.  There are two sides to every story and most times the real story never gets aired.  What are people so afraid of that they won't speak up and tell it like it is.   >:(
Integrity is doing what is right when no one else is watching.

Diane Amberg

I find it interesting that on one hand Ross wants to be considered knowledgeable of everything Elk County, but then tells folks not to believe a word he says.  Is he a pathological liar? That makes his "information" and opinions very unreliable. Does he really not know any better? Why should anyone vote as he demands they should?
People have answered many of his questions over and over and he just disregards them. What's that all about?. 
Personally, I taught for a number of years in a detached portable and it was fine, so I don't know what the problem is there, aside from storm fears.

Ross

Quote from: Nancy on May 23, 2014, 02:44:56 PM
Ross you are not a rednick. Again what difference does it make if you live in Howard, Moline, Severy, Elk Falls, or Grenola

Like I pointed out in several posts on this forum, it's all about Howard, simple.

1.   Approximately 75 % of the Howard voters voted for the last bond issue
and 75% of the rest of the voters, voted it down.

2.   Howard wanted to move its city limits out to engulf West Elk USD 282 but for some reason chose not to.

3.   Howard refers to West Elk USD 282 as Howard West Elk USD 282 and it is not. Check KSDE for the proper name if you will.

4.   I am quite surprised they haven't renamed it Elk Konnected Howard West Elk if you want the truth.  Some people are very egotistical (in my opinion.)

5.   Howard has expressed in the past that if they had a bigger school that people would move there and improve Howard's Economy. (Just foolish thinking in my opinion.) Remember all the talk about when a town looses its school, they tend to dry up and fade away. Well take a look Severy and Moline are still here. LOL

6.   All the old timers, I have spoken with have said for years, "It's all about Howard."

That should be sufficient for now?

Are your ashamed to admit where you live?

I don't know what you have for a definition of a redneck, oops you said "rednick".

Oh well, if I want to call myself a redneck, I suppose, I can do that!
I sure as hell have never been a white collar worker. 

You are surly have the right to have and to express your opinion, which is just fine with me.

Oh are you Konnected? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Thank You

nykkylsdymes

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 23, 2014, 04:05:01 PM
I find it interesting that on one hand Ross wants to be considered knowledgeable of everything Elk County, but then tells folks not to believe a word he says.  Is he a pathological liar? That makes his "information" and opinions very unreliable. Does he really not know any better? Why should anyone vote as he demands they should?
People have answered many of his questions over and over and he just disregards them. What's that all about?. 
Personally, I taught for a number of years in a detached portable and it was fine, so I don't know what the problem is there, aside from storm fears.

No Diane, what Ross is saying is..... Do your own homework and verify what he has to say.  We all know people tend to listen only to those they run with and see others as a bunch of right wing wackos.  I see Ross' input as information, I read it, verify it and decide on it.  Really no different than what you get on any news channel these days.  Just because people have answered his questions doesn't mean he can't keep asking the same questions.  Sometimes in doing that very thing, the same people give different answers  ;) 

I agree.  Portables are perfectly fine.  As for storms, the portables are located on the north east side of the building, most storms here come from the south west... and that is what we have radar for and tornado sirens.  Our Sheriff just received a state of the art weather computer as did our Emergency Management Office. 
Integrity is doing what is right when no one else is watching.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk