What We Really Want For Valentine's Day

Started by Warph, February 13, 2014, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

ASBURY PARK, N.J. -- Men, here is the answer to the most central question of your lives: What do women really want.

For Valentine's Day that is.

Women, the answer to the other side of that equation — What do men want? — is, well, you already know the answer.

The Science of Relationships website — which includes the work of Monmouth University's Gary W. Lewandowski, who heads the psychology department there and grudgingly admits he is known as "Dr. Love" — surveyed more than 1,000 adults in 49 states to explore people's attitudes about Valentine's Day.

And here's what the survey says:

• Women "love" Valentine's Day more than men, while men "hate" it more than females.

• For women, Valentine's Day carries with it the potential for love and affection. For men, it is about sex. But not your routine, half asleep, 'OK, honey?' nudge. Men love it because they anticipate "better than normal" sex on that day.

• Guys: Roses are red. All the other flowers come in second place or worse on this day. Women also will accept carnations but don't go down the daisy path: They were rated last place.

• What to buy: The top three gifts women want for Valentine's Day are jewelry (35 percent), flowers (24 percent), or a heartfelt card/gift (10 percent).

Men, on the other hand, mostly want sex (44 percent). Another 14 percent crave the excitement and intellectual challenge of a video game, while 9 percent would love a heartfelt card.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

All I want is a husband who will beat cancer. After all these years I've gotten the jewery,the flowers,the candy, the dinner out and wonderful cards. Today I got a great card and a promise of flowers whenever he can safely get out to the store. I told him to forget the flowers and take me out to Longwood Gardens when the weather breaks. It is the most beautiful place. In the big glass conservatories there is always green grass ,tons of flowers, scents  fountains and the never ending promise of spring.  Always very uplifting and dumps the doldrums. God's hand is everywhere there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk