Official County Newspaper

Started by W. Gray, February 12, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 14, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
So don't read his paper if you don't like it.That's why there were many different papers in the long past .All took different stances. All thought the rest were nuts or crooks. As far as my typing... remember, I was self taught and had a terrible teacher. I think I've gotten a little better... perhaps a C now instead of an F? As far as the rest, why bother? Most of you all don't...and some even flaunt it! Also no matter what I say you will work hard to find something negative to say about it...My east coast thread. Boring? Then it wasn't written for you. There are others who enjoy it.  Go find your jollies elsewhere. Yes, I have been in the drugstore/. market...not recently of course. They really went out of their way to see if we needed anything. Nice people.

You really do believe that tax monies belong to the government to dish out based on personal preference & as crony rewards, don't you?  This issue isn't about reading Taylor's rag.  It's about financially rewarding a man who's closely connected with a few local elites and whose biased viewpoints lead to disrespectful comments about county citizens.

If ever there were a case for 'spreading the wealth around', this is it.  Taylor's paper isn't an Elk County business, so why not share some our tax dollars with another non-local business?  I fail to see how, in the interest of fairness, Taylor's paper should benefit any more from tax dollars than any other paper that meets the lawful requirements.  In our case, however, the good ole boy syndrom seems to still have a headlock on reason.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

I know nothing about Elk County tax money being given to the paper.You'll have to tell me about that.Not sure about the  syndrom sic either.  ;) Please explain... and don't try to tell me what I think...I'll tell ya what you need to know. Chances are if you guess you'll get it wrong every time. As far as people making disrespectful remarks about citizens.. Oh my ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That's so funny,I can't breathe!

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 14, 2014, 04:41:36 PM
I know nothing about Elk County tax money being given to the paper.You'll have to tell me about that.

As has been pointed out often, you miss the point.  If you don't see the issue involving tax money & the paper, then go research it.  Hint: Start by rereading this thread.  Though he was talking to Jane Curtin at the time, Dan Aykroyd often pegged you perfectly on SNL.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

What an interesting thread.
Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the real issue.
The issue is not about the posters on the thread but about an
editor dissing the residents of Elk County with the exception of a very few.
And using Elk County e-mail to do it.

He was also using members of Elk Konnected, LLC to do it.
He was addressing an Elk County employees who is on the STEERING COMMITTEE OF Elk Konnected,LLC and referenced the self proclaimed Founding member of the Elk Konnected, LLC STEERING COMMITTEE.

Does Elk County really deserve such back stabbing from the newspaper editor and/or Elk Konnected,LLC?

I do believe the newspaper is in Chataqua County and is printed in Montgomery County and is only sold in Elk County for a profit.

Diane Amberg

Well, again with a useless statement that ends with a personal attack. Pat, if you are so condescending to your clients,  I don't know how you stay in business.You make it sound like the paper is being subsidized by taxes. I just wanted to know how. Excuse me! ::)

Bullwinkle

Quote from: Patriot on February 14, 2014, 04:58:43 PM
As has been pointed out often, you miss the point.  If you don't see the issue involving tax money & the paper, then go research it.  Hint: Start by rereading this thread.  Though he was talking to Jane Curtin at the time, Dan Aykroyd often pegged you perfectly on SNL.

ROFLMAO .  I think she sounds like the wicked witch after Dorothy hit her with the water, " I'm melting, melting .....

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 15, 2014, 08:44:03 AM
Well, again with a useless statement that ends with a personal attack. Pat, if you are so condescending to your clients,  I don't know how you stay in business.You make it sound like the paper is being subsidized by taxes. I just wanted to know how. Excuse me! ::)

Diane even you are being condescending. And therefore ask to continue to be a victim.

As far as the Official County Newspaper being subsidized by taxes it is quite simple:

To subsidize according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

to aid or promote (as a private enterprise) with public money

The newspaper is a private enterprise and county taxes are public money! 

Elk County just like most counties operate on funds collected as taxes i.e. property taxes.
That is public money and is used to purchase space in a newspaper.

sub•si•dy noun \ˈsəb-sə-dē, -zə-\ 

: money that is paid usually by a government to help a business or organization to continue to function

Rudy in his extremely rude e-mail on Elk County Government equipment and intellectual property, stated he is dependent on those funds.

Those funds represent part of the cost of operating the paper and part of the owner's profits for his own bank account.

Personally, I believe his remarks are more representative of himself and those he was communicating with !

Referring back to my original post on this thread, I ask you Diane following the quote:

Quote from: ROSS on February 14, 2014, 06:37:36 PM
What an interesting thread.
Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the real issue.
The issue is not about the posters on the thread but about an
editor dissing the residents of Elk County with the exception of a very few.
And using Elk County e-mail to do it.

He was also using members of Elk Konnected, LLC to do it.
He was addressing an Elk County employees who is on the STEERING COMMITTEE OF Elk Konnected, LLC and referenced the self proclaimed Founding member of the Elk Konnected, LLC STEERING COMMITTEE.

Does Elk County really deserve such back stabbing from the newspaper editor and/or Elk Konnected, LLC?

I do believe the newspaper is in Chataqua County and is printed in Montgomery County and is only sold in Elk County for a profit.

If you walked into a mom and pop restaurant for lunch and were greeted rudely i.e.:

Welcome fatso, will you be having our lean cuisine and skipping desert! And we would suggest water over those high calorie drinks!

How long would you tolerate that rudeness no matter how politely stated?
Would you stay and spend your money in that establishment?

And Rudy's newspaper isn't anything more than a mom and pop operation in my opinion.

So why should the Elk County Government or Elk County Residences tolerate the rudeness of  a newspaper editor or Elk Konnected, LLC's members, especially an employee of the County Government and on the County payroll at the time?

I'd love to read a detailed response why this is acceptable to you, and I am serious about the detail and your explanation.

Thank you.

Diane Amberg

Show me where I ever stated that the "conversation" was/is acceptable to me. Again you are making huge assumptions.  I never stated or even hinted at it. Of course my real question about tax subsidies was tossed aside...guess he couldn't explain it.I'm still waiting for that answer .  (Never discuss the issue, divert by attacking the person and be as insulting as you can while you are at it.( Is that the Kansas way now? It sure didn't used to be!) And be sure to bellow especially loud if the person finally turns on you and says, "I've had enough, same to you pal". Now dig out the Kansas vocabulary..victim.sheeple.etc. and be sure to have an infallible double standard to the point where there are only about four of you left posting. Is that what you call a success?   I guess that's how you do things and are apparently allowed to get away with it. So you think you have a mandate to choose how people in Elk County should think? There are many who do live there who disagree with you. Like it or not, some of them have the reins on many issues..
I still can't imagine why tax money would be give to shore up a local paper,...anywhere, not just there. I guess that's just how you do things.
So, I suspect the torches and pitch forks are due in Caney anytime now. ;)

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 15, 2014, 11:05:34 AM
Show me where I ever stated that the "conversaion" was/is acceptable to me. Again you are making huge assumptions.  I never stated or even hinted at it. Of course my real question about tax subsidies was tossed aside...guess he couldn't explain it.I'm still waiting for that answer .  (Never discuss the issue, divert by attacking the person and be as insulting as you can while you are at it. Is that the Kansas way now? It sure didn't used to be!) And be sure to bellow especially loud if the person finally turns on you and says, "I've had enough, same to you pal". Now dig out the Kansas vocabulary..victim.sheeple.etc. and be sure to have an infallible double standard to the point  where there are only about four of you left posting. Is that what you call a success?   I guess that's how you do thing
I still can't imagine why tax money would be give to shore up a local paper,...anywhere, not just there. i guess that's just how you do things.
So, I suspect the torches and pitch forks are due in Caney anytime now. ;)

You sure provide a defense of the newspaper and Rudy and your Konnected buddies, and setting yourself up as a victim. Think about it for just a minute.

There is a simple explanation in the post directly above your post and it is apparent that you can not accept a simple explanation or even comprehend that the editor himself said he is dependent on Elk Counties business.

And you simply fail to be able to communicate any real answers as to why you can not understand what is explained to you.

Please try a little effort to comprehend.

Diane Amberg

You are stalling. What does being dependent on Elk County businesses have to do with taxes? I assume he was talking about business advertising, which most all newspapers depend on, and subscriptions which people buy. Asking about that is not a defense of anybody...and again with the EK business. How boring!  More totally unsubstantiated allegations. Isn't that beneath you? Or do you dream up this stuff while you are asleep?  :D :D :D :D
No, I really don't get the connection between any local paper and local taxes. If you are so smart, explain it to me. If you can't, how about someone else, please.What do Elk County taxes have to do with the local paper? If somebody doesn't like the paper, one just doesn't buy it. How do taxes come into the picture?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk