To the Boobs, Unsociable Idiots & CAVE people of Elk County.

Started by Patriot, January 22, 2014, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Bullwinkle on January 26, 2014, 10:22:08 AM
Cronyism has nothing to do with being "in charge". It has to do with doing favors and working together to achieve an agenda.

And when political/government position/power and favoritism mix, the agendas can amount to a breach of public trust at best or criminal behavior at worst.  We see such garbage out of Washington, D.C. on a regular basis.  Seems the beast lives locally as well.  But the question is: Why do the voters sit silently and allow it?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

upoladeb

to start with i'm not a Mr.unless Ross  you are wanting to address your comment to my husband to shut me up.(good luck!),don't get me confused with a liberal.I'm not defending Rudy,i like the paper not the editor.Why is it that the worker destroyed all her paper work that the tax payers paid for and some people are fixated on 1 mans opinion?

Ross

Quote from: upoladeb on January 27, 2014, 06:54:34 AM
to start with i'm not a Mr.unless Ross  you are wanting to address your comment to my husband to shut me up.(good luck!),don't get me confused with a liberal.I'm not defending Rudy,i like the paper not the editor.Why is it that the worker destroyed all her paper work that the tax payers paid for and some people are fixated on 1 mans opinion?

My sincerest apologies about that mister thing !
I would never ask you or anyone else to shut up.
Or engage anyone else to do so for me.

You are right about the destruction of County Government property, perhaps that should have been reported to the proper authorities for investigation and possible charges. I don't know! Is that perhaps what you would like to have seen done?

But as far as being one mans opinion, that e-mail was addressed on county intellectual property and received on county equipment and addressed to a County Employee at the time and was very derogatory towards citizens of Elk County, from the Editor of a newspaper, that can influence many things, by use of the printing press! 

The editor even said he would even do an expose's except he needs the money the taxpayers of Elk County provide to his newspaper.

In fact, I believe if you step over to  http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html you might find where I have remarked about a few of his editorials relating to Elk County as not being very well taken. 

It is pretty simple to understand, me thinks.

upoladeb

upoladeb

if he wants to do a expose he'd have to go back to the million FEMA dollars that was suppose to fix the roads after the floods,and as for the roads that Ross thinks they are fixing,drive around Grenola ,south of Longton,Flint road.....I could go on .Does anyone know why we don't have a waste transfer station?and why we can't have 5 county commissioners?

Diane Amberg

Ya know, I've read all this over and over and I still can't figure out why you few are associating yourselves with the "boobs and cave people", etc? As far as I can see, no names were used by either party.Did I miss something?...why take up the guilt cape and wrap yourselves in it? Is there a reason you few assumed he had to be talking about your little forum clan?  He sure didn't mean the whole county, which definitely wouldn't be true anyway. There are plenty of very nice non cave people around. ;) Are you the only ones who qualify? That's ridiculous!
You ARE still personally attacking anyone who disagrees with you though ,and so haughty about it all. Very underclass. I can just see at least one of you with your nose stuck up in the air!  What good reason do you have? Anonymous gripes?  Big whoop.That's why it took awhile to figure this out.It seems so small and rather petty,even for some of you.
Legal notices have to posted somewhere and tax money has to pay for it right? So doesn't it make sense to use the most local paper? Of course certain ones are stuck on EK and unable to be objective about them in any way shape or form. Perhaps they should recuse themselves from any issue that they are involved in . Oh, sure. ;D  Now if a couple of you are going to shoot off your mouth at me, now ya have a reason . Go ahead. Which page of personal attack words do you think will make you seem important today? :P
What's to complain about when no names were used? That's what gets employees in trouble, using company equipment to malign identified people. I suspect that's why they didn't change the paper either. It's a tempest in a teapot and just an emotional response from a few who wanted to get the goods on somebody, anybody for most anything.  Some of you guys are always just itching to find something to gripe about..CCTP. Nothing is ever too unimportant to get past and just move on. Casting the first stone much?  Perhaps there are people who don't want or need you to ride into verbal battle on their behalf. Perhaps they aren't that thin skinned and touchy, as some of you seem to be, speaking of pots and kettles. Perhaps not everyone needs a whipping boy all the time as a few of you seem to. Oh well, just my opinion...and I have the right to have one. Now on to things that really have importance.

Anmar

I don't think Ross' feelings should be entirely discounted.  It can be dangerous when private groups attempt to influence governments through various back channels.  We see it on the national level.  Recently, Elk County helped send a man to congress who has opened himself up to all kinds of lobbying and private interests...

Ross, while I may agree with you on this point, the law of the land does not.  Somewhere along the way, we have decided that influencing government through various private means is an exercise of free speech.

I'm curious, what are some of the plans and proposals going around to encourage economic development?  Other than "lower taxes," do you all know how/why business move to an area?  Or what kind of environment helps start businesses? 

Also, when you guys are done exacting revenge on this particular name-caller, I would like you to put my name in the forum search box, and go chase down all the people who called me all kinds of disgusting names here on this forum. 
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Bullwinkle

Anmar, it is quite refreshing to have your input. You are someone with an open mind and speak with intellect and to the topic. Certainly you can understand the reaction to what was said about our citizens.

I don't think we have the situation here to promote growth in our economy any more than the rest of the country. But , we can put our efforts , and money, to the best use by supporting those mechanisms that are positive, not belittling those who question authority.

I'm not familiar with any posts that cast you in a bad light.

Anmar

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 17, 2014, 07:55:00 PM
   I'm not familiar with any posts that cast you in a bad light.

Put my name in the search box, and see for yourself.

edit: this forum used to be a pretty hot place for people to come and debate politics.  Some people can't talk about politics without resorting to ridicule, name calling, etc.  They call it bullying now, but its really its just going out of their way to try and stifle the voices of those that don't agree with them.  A lot of those political minded debaters aren't around anymore.  I have noticed that the "bullies" (for lack of a better word) are still around. 

In a few weeks, my schedule will be a little easier, lets see if we can have some fun and stir these guys up.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk