To the Boobs, Unsociable Idiots & CAVE people of Elk County.

Started by Patriot, January 22, 2014, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullwinkle

What is a judge going to tell you when you say you had a "verbal" agreement and not a "written" one, Jane Curtin.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 20, 2014, 12:52:29 PM
Bull, I'm gonna teach you something. Not in malace, but for your education and so others might learn something also.  You are still willing to learn "new" things, right? ;)
    Yes, one can have a "verbal" response in written form.  I partially quote Cynthia Messon from" E-how."
"Believe it or not, writing is considered a form of verbal communication because words are involved." The writing can be in electronic form, e-mails, books, faxes (et al) and any other item that contains a written message is considered verbal communation." Raising hands or waving arms is an unwritten form of communication because no words are used.
Now see what you learned, just because you poked me without knowing you were incorrect. Speaking of thin skin.....I almost sent this as a PM, but I figured, what the hey, you never miss a chance to  poke me in public, why skip the fun.

Diane you appear to be teaching the wrong thing, I'd suggest you stick to studying a good English dictionary before teaching any further.

So you consider Cynthia Messon from" E-how" some kind of Expert. She also wrote How to Remove Nail Polish Stains From a Rug on By Cynthia Measom, eHow Contributor. That Is just a plain pathetic! Using someone as an expert who simply writes all over the Internet on what ever subject they choose to write on. She is a nobody! I learned years ago to be careful what advice I read on the Internet.

There appears to be, from the definition of each word to a considerable misunderstanding of the English  language as if it were a foreign language.

I sure hope you weren't teaching English to children in school!

Here are the definitions Diane according to the proper experts on the English language:
Both definitions from Merriam-Webster

1 ver·bal adjective \ˈvər-bəl\ 

: relating to or consisting of words

: spoken rather than written

: relating to or formed from a verb

2:  something written: as 

a :  letters or characters that serve as visible signs of ideas, words, or symbols

the activity or skill of marking coherent words on paper and composing text.
"parents want schools to concentrate on reading, writing, and arithmetic"

See the big difference between just someone on the internet quoted with no internet link and Merriam Webster.

Diane Amberg

Well shucks, I can't have any fun at all. ;D  I can't quote or reference myself can I? Wanna read some of my college papers? NO? Well, I'm not surprised. ;)
There are plenty of other articles explaining in even more detail the differences and similarities between written, verbal, non verbal and oral communication. I grabbed the first one because she is so funny...but correct in that case. I don't plan on talking to any judges, as all my judge friends have retired, but in the context for which I was criticized, I'd have no problem explaining it.
Verbal communication can indeed be written. It uses words. Oral communication may be verbal if it uses words, or non verbal if it uses voice, but not necessarily words, or uses some other manner of getting notice. It could be grunts or other vocal sounds, or creating non verbal sounds such as clapping or even ringing a bell. Ask any elementary teacher, speech teacher, college English teacher, author or lawyer. You sure you want to keep on? You are getting deep into my professional territory. :angel:
Getting into law is another whole thing. The parameters have to be set so all parties understand the meanings of the terms as they would be used in court. Any lawyer will be glad to clarify that.   Bored yet? Short attention span? Teachers and communications majors would slurp this up. Most others could care less. Right Bull? But then again, I don't back down from unnecessary criticism when you brought it up.. OK ,insult me again if it makes you feel better. :'(

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 21, 2014, 10:57:11 AM
Well shucks, I can't have any fun at all. ;D  I can't quote or reference myself can I? Wanna read some of my college papers? NO? Well, I'm not surprised. ;)
There are plenty of other articles explaining in even more detail the differences and similarities between written, verbal, non verbal and oral communication. I grabbed the first one because she is so funny...but correct in that case. I don't plan on talking to any judges, as all my judge friend have retired, but in the context for which I was criticized, I'd have no problem explaining it.
Verbal communication can indeed be written. It uses words. Oral communication may be verbal if it uses words, or non verbal if it uses voice, but not necessarily words, or uses some other manner of getting notice. It could be grunts or other vocal sounds, or creating non verbal sounds such as clapping or even ringing a bell. Ask any elementary teacher, speech teacher, college English teacher, author or lawyer. You sure you want to keep on? You are getting deep into my professional territory. :angel:
Getting into law is another whole thing. The parameters have to be set so all parties understand the meanings of the terms as they would be used in court. Any lawyer will be glad to clarify that.   Bored yet? Short attention span? Teachers and communications majors would slurp this up. Most others could care less. Right Bull? But then again, I don't back down from unnecessary criticism when you brought it up.. OK ,insult me again if it makes you feel better. :'(

Diane I sur gotta hand it to you sure know how to destroy a thread!
Outstanding job too, with all that gibberish!
Dat sum college degree, Ya'all got there.
Have yerselfa gooder weekender.

Diane Amberg

Yup, I read your post 'cause I had a feeling you couldn't miss taking another  smack at me again. So I personally distroyed this thread? Ya mean the one that took off on its own wings back on reply # two and coughed and sputtered around awhile without gaining any momentum? Wow, I didn't know I was that powerful.   Back to "ignore."

Bullwinkle

If what you call fun is making yet another thread about yourself, Booyah. Obviously, you can't accept what our legal system deems proper English, but then not so long ago we were dealing with "Spanglish".

Until someone returns to topic, I will go elsewhere. You are a huge egotist, and the reason why many people no longer post. Yes, you are quite boring. If it is an insult to be corrected, so be it.

Your professional territory? It is to laugh. Another narcissist statement. The world is full of so-called English majors, which happens to be my major as well. Take another shot , or make good on your claim to ignore, again.

Diane Amberg

Sorry, I was not an English Major, but needed to know all that to teach. If you honestly think confusing lawyer speak is proper English, more power to ya.  Now as far as the title of this thread... I sure didn't start it. It had nothing to do with me...all about you few and trying to hurt someone. No where does it say nobody can have an opinion but you few CCTPs.

Bullwinkle

Oh, and before you put your corpulent foot in your portly trap. Roget's Thesaurus- verbal; spoken,oral;unwritten.

Bullwinkle

It is obvious you were not an English major, though you position yourself as such. My professors stressed the use of the proper word to express what you are trying to emote. You have no such capability. Not a good example for the University of Delaware producing good teachers.

Bullwinkle

As well, you should have said "nowhere" does it say "no one". Not no where does it say nobody.

It is true, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, or proper English.

Lawyer speak? The judicial system prides itself on proper Kings English.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk