Common Core Education And More About Federal Government Control

Started by Ross, December 20, 2013, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

As usual you missed the point.You seem to have a universal dislike of schools. Not all schools are "bad" schools.Not all public schools are bad schools, but to hear you and your pals you would never know it. My point with mentioning the Newark School for the Deaf was that with a bit more help, especially from the outside community, all kids can do well. And only you would see my comments as "bragging."
You are impossible to reach and refuse to even try to see anyone elses point of view..  With your closed attitude you want to be on the school board? You have made your dislike of public education very plain.There is more to education than just money, and that seems to be the only part you are interested in. sheesh.

Bullwinkle

What I see here is a thread about the epic fail of common core.  ::)

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 13, 2015, 07:56:59 AM
As usual you missed the point.You seem to have a universal dislike of schools. Not all schools are "bad" schools.Not all public schools are bad schools, but to hear you and your pals you would never know it. My point with mentioning the Newark School for the Deaf was that with a bit more help, especially from the outside community, all kids can do well. And only you would see my comments as "bragging."
You are impossible to reach and refuse to even try to see anyone elses point of view..  With your closed attitude you want to be on the school board? You have made your dislike of public education very plain.There is more to education than just money, and that seems to be the only part you are interested in. sheesh.

None of what you have just posted is truthful. Just simple lies from a simple person. But thanks any way. LOLO

Are you kin to the Clintons?
None of what you have posted has anything to do with Common Core.
Apparently you believe it takes a government community to raise a child.
Your arrogant ignorance shines brightly on all your diplomas.
Keep up the good work confirming that.   ROFLMAO

Now about the subject Common Core !

Have you read any of this thread?

Are you for more Federal Government control of our schools through Common Core?

Are you for more Dumbing Down of America through Common Core?

I am not asking a out your personal life, that would make a do different thread?
What a thread that would be, huh!

Diane Amberg

So I lied about doing fire house tours for kids? Only you would say that. Could you be any more insulting?       
You have been a constant griper when it came to complaints about the dumbing down of schools so the parents would stop complaining about little Johnnie not getting straight A's. Ok ,so some are  now saying they can't help their kids because it is different from what they had. That is true, but if your son,hypothetically, takes French and you never took French, how can you help him? Should you? It's his course, not yours.
So now the math is "mathematician's style" and some is quite hard. It is meant to teach the kids numerical reasoning. More advanced math is being taught earlier. That isn't making some parents happy either. I'm sure if it isn't working out it will be changed or adapted as the "New Math" eventually was that I was forced to learn and learn to teach in the 60's ....not that far off from Common Core math now. It failed too.
  I don't see you offering any real practical solutions. What are school supposed to do when kids' families move to some area that is far ahead in education from where they had come from. If they are set back a grade there are complaints. If the kids are left in their grade, they are so far behind they are understandably frustrated.
You say colleges are griping that kids aren't ready in reading and math. Gee, I wonder why.   Because some kids were given grades they didn't earn! The teachers are beat down by both the administration and the parents. It is getting to be very difficult to know who to admit from American schools. So now some colleges are taking the easy way out and are admitting many more foreign students who have the educational history, ,and cash money to pay.That's not Gov't interference, that is, to them, just business. Get with it quick, or you're gonna be left in the dust.

Bullwinkle

I had a calculus professor in college that told those of us that wanted help understanding how it was different from the other math disciplines , too bad. Either keep up or fail. I dropped that class and took it later from a professor that was interested in his students learning it.

Three men rent a motel room for $30. The manager finds he overcharged them and gives the bellboy $5 to return to them. The bellboy can't equally divide the money, so he gives each of them $1 and pockets the other $2. So the men each paid $9 for a total of $27 and the bellboy has $2. Where is the other $1? :o

Figure that one out with your common core.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 14, 2015, 08:08:21 AM
So I lied about doing fire house tours for kids? Only you would say that. Could you be any more insulting?   

Even a half assed educated moron know's that was not what I was referring to! But I guess you don't come up to par with that! Yes, as you asked, I can be more insulting. I said that it had nothing to do with Common Core, plain and simple.

You have been a constant griper when it came to complaints about the dumbing down of schools so the parents would stop complaining about little Johnnie not getting straight A's. Ok ,so some are  now saying they can't help their kids because it is different from what they had. That is true, but if your son,hypothetically, takes French and you never took French, how can you help him? Should you? It's his course, not yours.

That right there,  that is, what I am talking about I quote you, "You have been a constant griper when it came to complaints about the dumbing down of schools". That is a bold faced lie! Why do you feel the need to lie? And I have complained about the Dumbing Down of America never the dumbing down of schools. It is known across the country as the "Dumbing Down of America".

We are not talking about French, German or Spanish none are Common Core. We are talking about Grade School as low as 2, 3 and 4th grade math, we are talking about history teaching the Muslim Faith and Allah (while Christianity and God are forbidden). We are talking about history and the re-writing and teaching of the constitution totally wrong. Have you even read an article about Common Core? It sure isn't showing in your posts. Take a look at that diploma of your once again, pleeeese.

So now the math is "mathematician's style" and some is quite hard.

What the hell are you talking about "mathematician's style"? We are not into teaching 3, 4, and 5th graders "mathematician's style".

"Mathematician's style" is a personal signature of sort's! Please continue reading.

I quote from; https://books.google.com/books?id=Q42EAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA370&lpg=PA370&dq=%22mathematician%27s+style%22&source=bl&ots=WU7nKSFUuD&sig=DFFc6-OfsKSilwz3MLHeo8EYs7M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=97UEVbHoEInLsASL1oHgAQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=%22mathematician's%20style%22&f=false

"Sometimes even if it is possible to recognize a mathematician's style of argument. Style is particularly elusive and highly personal, and the fact that we can often recognize the style of a particular person is reason for thinking that personality is something real."

It is meant to teach the kids numerical reasoning. More advanced math is being taught earlier. That isn't making some parents happy either. I'm sure if it isn't working out it will be changed or adapted as the "New Math" eventually was that I was forced to learn and learn to teach in the 60's ....not that far off from Common Coremath now. It failed too.

You really are locked in to belonging to organizational control, which effectively appears to leave you with out the ability of free thought, you have my pity. The New Math was a total failure, why continue to fail?

That is the biggest problem this country has. People, liberals are ready to give up their freedoms to complete control of the Federal Government, hence King Obama and his Obama Common Core Obama Care, Obama Gun Control, Obama Internet Control. And that's not all of it. Can you even envision a little bit from any if this. Let me say Hitler would be very Proud.

I don't see you offering any real practical solutions. What are school supposed to do when kids' families move to some area that is far ahead in education from where they had come from. If they are set back a grade there are complaints. If the kids are left in their grade, they are so far behind they are understandably frustrated.

I have mentioned that our local school is only doing an average job on education as graded on the state level and was drastically chastised even though I showed the charts as proof. A teacher tried to tell me I did not know how to decipher the chart. How hilarious is that? She tried to sell a bill of good because she is a teacher. Well she was totally wrong, as there was nothing to decipher. Yes, I have a suggestion or two, but you won't like them. The School Board is suppose to be the leaders for the School representing the community, the voters, and the taxpayers --- so lead! Lead their School Superintends and School Principals towards better educational efforts in the classroom. Lead by paying more attention to education, equal to or greater than sports. Just LEAD! Stop driving community debt and raising property taxes to build unneeded gymnasiums and building Taj Mahals and concentrate on education. Hold teachers more responsible for teaching. YES, there are plenty of bad teachers and some maintain their job because of whom they are related to. I am not putting down good teachers and there are plenty of them also.
The good teachers have to try to pick up the slack for the bad teachers that were teaching the year before they get the student.

No child left behind was another program of the Federal Government that was used to lead into Common Core. The Federal Government used coercion on the states to force the program. No Child Left Behind was another program for Dumbing Down America. It amounted to passing a kid whether he passed or not, just give them a passing grade.

Common Coreis definitely not the answer and if you studied up on it, you might understand that.
You might learn of the States and the teachers and the Principals and the School Superintendents that are against Common Core. You might learn about Governors and state representatives that are against Common Core? You might learn about the industries that stand to make billions off of Common Core.
You might learn thatCommon Corepurpose is for Dumbing down America.

You say colleges are griping that kids aren't ready in reading and math. Gee, I wonder why.

No I did not say that, making that another one of your lies. If you can find a quote of me saying that I will gladly apologize.

Because some kids were given grades they didn't earn! The teachers are beat down by both the administration and the parents. It is getting to be very difficult to know who to admit from American schools. So now some colleges are taking the easy way out and are admitting many more foreign students who have the educational history, ,and cash money to pay.That's not Gov't interference, that is, to them, just business. Get with it quick, or you're gonna be left in the dust.

You want a solution? A solution would be for teachers to stop giving grades that are not earned and perhaps improve their teaching skills and avoid kissing up to the students of the elite. Give equal attention to each child. Oh, teachers have been passing kids for many decades, way before no child left behind. And I do have knowledge of what I speak. Perhaps fire poor performing teachers just like in any other profession.

It is common knowledge that colleges are for profit, colleges are a business. But again, what has that, to do with primary education and Common Core?

Could you be any more insulting?

Have I been insulting enough for you?
Do you desire more?
Sorry just trying to oblige you, literally!

Shall we return to the topic, "Re: Common Core Education And More About Federal Government Control"

Be-Bye

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 14, 2015, 09:56:51 AM
        I had a calculus professor in college that told those of us that wanted help understanding how it was different from the other math disciplines , too bad. Either keep up or fail. I dropped that class and took it later from a professor that was interested in his students learning it.

Three men rent a motel room for $30. The manager finds he overcharged them and gives the bellboy $5 to return to them. The bellboy can't equally divide the money, so he gives each of them $1 and pockets the other $2. So the men each paid $9 for a total of $27 and the bellboy has $2. Where is the other $1? :o

Figure that one out with your common core.

Good point, Good post Bullwinkle!
I've seen this one before. Love it.

Diane Amberg

Hey Bull, what is so hard about that question? ;) $30.00 wasn't the actual cost of the room. $25.00 +$3.00 + $2.00 =$30.00. That accounts for all the money. There is nothing missing.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not a big believer in Common Core math because it is just over the heads of most parents. I don't like to see parents frustrated.  It is Not MY Common Core Math!
By the way Ross, you say you have complained about the Dumbing Down of America, but NOT the schools? I can't imagine how you can separate the one from the other. Are you saying you DON"T think America's schools have been dumbed down? Can you prove that you don't? 8)
At least you admit there are some good teachers out there. It would be nice if you would keep on finding a few positive things to say.  You really think your schools aren't any better than average? What yard stick are you using? I've seen winning academic teams in your paper.Aren't they Elk County kids? Or does that effort somehow not count? I see various honor roles listed in the paper.They don't count either? Is every child going to be on the honor roll every time? Nope. Every  good teacher wants to take every child as they receive them and take them as far as the child is able to go during that school year,Common Core or Not.That will vary from child to child and subject to subject.
  What about the kids and schools that are doing fine with Common Core? How are they going to feel about all this? Where does all this flap leave them? There are  teachers who went to summer school to learn how to teach Common Core Math.Should they feel good about their success or feel like fools?

Bullwinkle

I guess you missed something. I asked that you show your work using common core math technique, not simple accounting that is just that, simple. Get the point now? ???

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk