Common Core Education And More About Federal Government Control

Started by Ross, December 20, 2013, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 16, 2014, 01:47:43 PM
I give up.Your mind is so closed you apparently can't or won't listen to any other view point.

My mind is closed, now that's just to funny.
Because you may or may not have an up to date education does not mean you have all the answers. Your education is very limited and apparently because of it you apparently don't feel a need to keep up with current events on either the State or National Level forget about our local level of which you have no part in.

No, the school board doesn't have day to day contact with the teachers. How could they know what teacher isn't cutting it unless told by the Principal or the supervising teacher and/or committee who oversees it all.

I do believe the average high school drop out can understand that, therefore with your advanced education you do not surprise me this minute amount of intellectual bit of information.

What you fail to understand and comprehend is that I stated that our local school board members fail to show that they know what their job really is and apparently you do not understand the job.

These present board members act as if the school superintendent is their boss. That is totally wrong. The School Superintendent answers to the Board as there executive of every day operations of the school.

These present School Board Members even though college educated apparently do not realize that studying and learning does not end with a College Degree.

To understand and do their job properly they should be studying the KSDE web site and then they would know it is their job to instruct the School Superintendent to do evaluations on the teachers at what ever interval they deem necessary. And the School Superintendent would be obligated to comply.

There are so many other things with this present School Board, just to numerous to go into. Especially since you do not comprehend, I'm sorry.

You remind me of that TV commercial with the little old lady who hasn't a clue about the web, when her friend gets up and states" But that's not how it works.""That's not how any of it works" 

And you remind me of a know-it-all in Delaware that has a lack of comprehension and can only DISS what she can not comprehend and relies on TV commercials for insults. And I say that with love in the hope that your eyes may be opened and your heart my be enlightened by the light.

I'm sorry the devil made me do that! LOL

Ross, you don't get it and trying to insult me doesn't change that. Kids who are supposed to go to school and don't, don't get an education. Truancy laws are different from state to state. In Maryland the teachers were not allowed to go seek out the missing children. That was the principal's job. How does a teacher get to know a child they rarely ever seeand is always weeks behind the other kids?

Diane I do get it. You have an extremist's attitude about the kids and it dwells well outside of the classroom and teaching. We have administrators to attend to problems out side of the class room. But that has little to do with educational standards and the job in the class room.

The School Board along with the KSDE set the standards here in Kansas.
For family problems and tardiness we have truancy laws and Child Protective Services.
Teachers are neither one and should concentrate on teaching in the class room, that what they are paid to do. They are not paid to be the parent or the parents boss. We now have not only School Nurses but School Counselors to handle student problems. Some schools may even have psychiatrist. So what is the problem of teachers paying attention to teaching in the class room.

By the way, the term "at risk" is as old as I am and has nothing to do with EK. The parents of at risk kids, who are failing a subject or grade, have been sent warning notices about it several times a year for many, many years. You must be desperate to try and connect that to EK or anything else. I give up.Go insult some one else for awhile.

Oh really as old as you are. Now that is really funny, you are only 31 years old! ROFLMAO. You see I never heard of the term being used  until I was well into adulthood, so here is a little wikipedia for you.

How much of that wisdom did you teach children, "the term "at risk" is as old as I am", perhaps that is why some children have learning problems, because the teacher doesn't know the truth of her statements. Just saying.

Check it out:

The term "at-risk" came into use after the 1983 article "A Nation at Risk", published by the National Commission on Excellence in Education. The article described United States society as being economically and socially endangered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-risk_students

I didn't win awards and certificates and get to be the school Science Dept Chair or be third in command behind the Principal by being a bad teacher. I also don't give up easily....also the mark of a good teacher. Give it up Ross.

I do believe you didn't win wards by being a bad teacher, but by being a good follower and yes person. The third in command, wow I'm impressed. All this boasting is just so heart warming. But what does any of it have to do with improving educational standards, or teacher's tenure or Common Core?

You are so right Diane, I don't get it.

Don't for get to dust off the awards.

I got an award once, I gave it back! I felt it was an insult!

Ross

Quote from: Jane on June 16, 2014, 02:47:10 PM
The only thing I can say about this is something is wrong with our education system when the USA is ranked 25th in some subjects.

Excellent Jane!

I am not really about putting down teachers because I have known both good and bad teachers.
And in fact I have pointed out that I have teachers in my family.

One such educated family member in my  opinion would probably never made it to retirement if it wasn't for tenure.

It's about the system, it's about having lowered teaching standards over the years.

And it's certainly about Common Core and Industry and the Federal Government wanting to control teaching.

I appreciate your input Jane, thank you.

Catwoman

I give up.Your mind is so closed you apparently can't or won't listen to any other view point.
No, the school board doesn't have day to day contact with the teachers. How could they know what teacher isn't cutting it unless told by the Principal or the supervising teacher and/or committee who oversees it all. You remind me of that TV commercial with the little old lady who hasn't a clue about the web, when her friend gets up and states" But that's not how it works.""That's not how any of it works" 
Ross, you don't get it and trying to insult me doesn't change that. Kids who are supposed to go to school and don't, don't get an education. Truancy laws are different from state to state. In Maryland the teachers were not allowed to go seek out the missing children. That was the principal's job. How does a teacher get to know a child they rarely ever seeand is always weeks behind the other kids?
By the way, the term "at risk" is as old as I am and has nothing to do with EK. The parents of at risk kids, who are failing a subject or grade, have been sent warning notices about it several times a year for many, many years. You must be desperate to try and connect that to EK or anything else. I give up.Go insult some one else for awhile.
I didn't win awards and certificates and get to be the school Science Dept Chair or be third in command behind the Principal by being a bad teacher. I also don't give up easily....also the mark of a good teacher. Give it up Ross.

Diane...I have to tell you...It has been muuuucccchhhhhh more peaceful since I employed the "ignore" option... ;D ;D ;D  It's fun to get to read you and everyone else with nothing else to lend any distractions!! lol  You should really try the ignore option.   ;) ;)

frawin

Cat, I agree completely. I put several one mainly on the ignore list and I enjoy the Forum much more. As of today, I am putting another on there.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on June 16, 2014, 05:13:06 PM
Diane...I have to tell you...It has been muuuucccchhhhhh more peaceful since I employed the "ignore" option... ;D ;D ;D  It's fun to get to read you and everyone else with nothing else to lend any distractions!! lol  You should really try the ignore option.   ;) ;)

Perhaps you should follow your own advice Catwoman since you apparently have nothing construtive to add to this thread.

But do some of you educators even understand quality education and educational standards?
Do any of you have a clue about Common Core?

Or is it just put anyone down that advocates improvement for the benefit of the children?

Did you catch that intellegent statement from Diane:

By the way, the term "at risk" is as old as I am and has nothing to do with EK.

Where was that college degree for that brilliant statement?

And my response:

Quote from: ROSS on June 16, 2014, 03:22:46 PM

Oh really as old as you are. Now that is really funny, you are only 31 years old! ROFLMAO. You see I never heard of the term being used  until I was well into adulthood, so here is a little wikipedia for you.

How much of that wisdom did you teach children, "the term "at risk" is as old as I am", perhaps that is why some children have learning problems, because the teacher doesn't know the truth of her statements. Just saying.

Check it out:

The term "at-risk" came into use after the 1983 article "A Nation at Risk", published by the National Commission on Excellence in Education. The article described United States society as being economically and socially endangered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-risk_students

I sure am glad, I ain't no educated idiot.

Ross

Quote from: frawin on June 16, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Cat, I agree completely. I put several one mainly on the ignore list and I enjoy the Forum much more. As of today, I am putting another on there.

Well, thar's another one of them thar ignore type people.
Kan't be constructive.
Oh well, forgiven.

Catwoman

Loving reading you again, Mr. Frank!!!  ;D ;D  Totally beyond jealous of your pics of your gardens, as usual...lol :-)  I am only now starting to bring in some cherry tomatoes.  Bet you've been harvesting tomatoes for some time now!

Catwoman

I really haven't had to add anyone else other than the obvious.  Been hearing from a lot of old friends...Evidently, the "ignore" option is very, very popular! lol

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on June 16, 2014, 09:46:03 PM
I really haven't had to add anyone else other than the obvious.  Been hearing from a lot of old friends...Evidently, the "ignore" option is very, very popular! lol

Some people must lack th ability and knwledge to be able to make the personal decisions.
It's a shame to rely on a machine to think for you.a
It's a shame to continue to be ignorant enough to provide that information where you don't want to be, because you have a machine to say ignore and then lack the ability to ignore and keep returning.
It definitely shows a lack of self discipline.

It shows why Obama got re-elected and that Common Core and it's affect on children is of little consequence to some people yet Ignore is more important and not followed.

It must be a terrible thing to be college educated.

I pray that you learn from this experience because I love ya for all the great entertainment.

Have a great day and thank Obama for Common Core and ObamaCare and the dumbing down of America.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk