FLOYD, Ruby Irene (Hebb) - b. July 26, 1937 - d. September 23, 2013

Started by patyrn, September 24, 2013, 11:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Ruby Irene Floyd, 76, retired Consolidated Freightways, Inc. office manager, passed away Monday, September 23, 2013 in Wichita, Kansas.  She was born on July 26, 1937 in Eureka, Kansas  to Cecil Edward and Ruth Margaret (Hawkins) Hebb.

Irene spent the first 18 years of her life in Howard, Kansas, graduating from Howard High School in 1955.  After high school, she moved to Amarillo, Texas and became an employee of Santa Fe Railroad.  She was married to Herman Ray Floyd.  To this union, two daughters were born, Jodonna Rae and Larecia Gae.  They later moved to Wichita, Kansas where she worked for Consolidated Freightways.  

Survivors include her two daughters, Jodonna "Jodi" Floyd of Wichita, Kansas and Larecia "Lari" (Robert) Prilliman of Overland Park, Kansas; three grandsons, Zachary (Jennifer) Prilliman of Phoenix, Arizona, Tyler Prilliman of Overland Park, Kansas, and Joshua Prilliman of Wichita, Kansas; her caregiver and love of her life, Bill Oswalt, of the home; sisters, Blenda (Clifford) Reddick of Wichita, Kansas and Karen (Rodney) Indermill of Edmond, Oklahoma; brothers, John (Andi) Hebb of Moline, Kansas, Thomas Hebb of Emporia, Kansas, and Carl (Donna) Hebb of Wichita, Kansas; nieces, Miscyrene (Stan) Reeser and Matrice Reddick, both of Wichita, Kansas and Katha Hebb of Moline, Kansas; nephews, Dirk Reddick of Wichita, Kansas, Andrew Hebb of Wichita, Kansas, Seth Indermill of Norman, Oklahoma, Rhett (Amanda) Indermill of Edmond, Oklahoma, and James (Sally) Hebb of Oceanside, California; and her uncle, Clarence Hebb of Peregian Beach, Australia.  She was preceded in death by her parents and an infant brother, Billie Joe Hebb.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, September 27, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. at Bethany United Methodist Church, 1601 S. Main Street, Wichita, Kansas 67217.  Burial will follow at Kensington Gardens, 11500 E. 21st Street, Wichita, Kansas.  Memorials are designated to Bethany United Methodist Church.  Share condolences at www.CozineMemorial.com.  Services are under the direction of Broadway Mortuary in Wichita, Kansas.

frawin

Karen, sorry to hear about Irene, our prayers are with you and your family.
Frank and Myrna

larryJ

Karen, so sorry to hear of your loss.  My prayers go out to you and your family.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk