More This & That & Whatever.... The Best Of Intellectual Froglegs

Started by Warph, August 05, 2013, 09:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Intro To The 56 Signers
VIDEO:

56 Men - Signers of the
Declaration of Independence

VIDEO:

***The Declaration of Independence!***
Our Lives, Our Fortunes, and Our Sacred Honor!
(By Paul Harvey)

VIDEO:

Understanding the Declaration of Independence -
9 Key Concepts Everyone Should Know

VIDEO:

What happened to the signers of the Declaration
(By Paul Harvey)

VIDEO:
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Ross

The Panama Papers

The Panama Papers form the largest leak in the history of data journalism:
2.6 terabytes, 11.5 million documents, and 214,000 shell companies: The Panama Papers are the largest data leak journalists have ever worked with.

The data provides rare insights into a world that can only exist in the shadows. It proves how a global industry led by major banks, legal firms, and asset management companies secretly manages the estates of the world's rich and famous: from politicians, Fifa officials, fraudsters and drug smugglers, to celebrities and professional athletes.

http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/en/

Ross

WND EXCLUSIVE
2,000 'TICKING TIME BOMBS' IN U.S. – AND COUNTING
New American mosque opens every week and many preach jihad
Published: 2 hours ago

President Obama visits mosque in Maryland in January.

In Germany, following a wave of Islamic immigration, one political party is considering a call for shutting down all of the country's mosques in a desperate bid to prevent terrorist attacks, rape sprees and other acts of violence and Muslim domination.
In the U.S., President Obama marked the new year by visiting a mosque and has invested a great deal of effort to downplay the connection between Islam and terrorism, while leading Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has proposed temporarily halting all Muslim immigration.
A growing chorus of U.S. politicians, pundits and scholars are calling for closer monitoring of U.S. mosques, the number of which has grown exponentially since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on U.S. soil.
Experts on Islamic terrorism are calling the estimated 2,500 to 3,100 mosques in America "ticking time bombs."

Every state now has at least one. California and New York lead the way, each with more than 500 mosques, followed by Texas with just over 300.

As the number of mosques increase, so do acts of Islamic terror in the U.S.
FBI Director James Comey told Congress recently that his agency is stretched to the limit trying to keep up with nearly 1,000 active ISIS investigations in all 50 states, and that does not include probes tied to al-Qaida, al-Shabab or other Islamic groups.

While the FBI is able to foil the vast majority of Islamic terror plots, last year was particularly bloody with jihadist shootings in Chattanooga that killed five U.S. servicemen and another attack that took 14 lives at a Christmas party in San Bernardino.

Jihadist knife attacks at a restaurant in Columbus, Ohio, and on the campus of University of California at Merced have recently injured at least a dozen others, some critically.

And everyone is jittery after what happened in Brussels, Belgium, last month.

Of the thousands of mosques in America, nearly 80 percent of them have been opened since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

There are now as many as 3,000 mosques in America and nearly 80 percent of them
have been opened since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO READ AND TO LEARN IN THIS ARTICLE
TOO MUCH TO POST ALL OF IT !

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/over-2000-ticking-time-bombs-in-u-s/#wxrBDcjylIxMsAx3.99

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

A letter to the NFL commissioner:

Commissioner,
I've been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.
I missed the '90-'91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.
Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they're something special! They're not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!
You'll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it's their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?
I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that's much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn't it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?
Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You're just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.
Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.
They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don't do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don't even have ice! Many don't have legs or arms.
Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.
I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!
Time to change the channel.
Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret)
Vista, California

Wilma

Jarhead, as I was reading the preceding letter, I was thinking, " Boy, Jarhead, you are hitting it right on the head".  Then I come to the bottom and see that the letter is signed by someone that I have not even heard of.  I applaud you for your way of thinking.  I applaud the person who did write the letter.  Anyone who does not see it this way is a know-nothing blowhard.  Thank you, Jarhead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk