Property tax relief in Elk County

Started by Patriot, July 30, 2013, 09:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

It appears that the Elk County Commission is headed for a 2014 budget that will reduce the mill levy by 18+ mills!  By making some cuts and applying a portion of the PILOT monies on hand, taxpayers will have to contribute about 14% less to county operations next year.  Good job, commissioners.  You've made a great start.

Now, can the school boards hold the spending line?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on July 30, 2013, 09:39:31 AM
It appears that the Elk County Commission is headed for a 2014 budget that will reduce the mill levy by 18+ mills!  By making some cuts and applying a portion of the PILOT monies on hand, taxpayers will have to contribute about 14% less to county operations next year.  Good job, commissioners.  You've made a great start.

Now, can the school boards hold the spending line?

Who are you kidding.
This news about property tax being lowered is probably just the fuel the Board of Education needs.
Can't you hear them, they have the lowest taxes they have had in years, now we can raise school property taxes. Can't you hear it.
Well just take off that tin foil hat.

I don't think they feel they have wasted enough time and money on trying to build a new Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard, yet.

How can Howard get on the map if they don't have another Gymnasium for sport practice and win more State Tournaments?
How else can they get State wide recognition? Oh, I have an idea. focus on education more and sports less, get us a blue ribbon school and not for just one year but every year. Be all you can be, do what you are paid to do educate all the children. Can you Set some real goal for education --- School Board of Education?

They know they can raise our taxes another 4 mil without asking us. And I hear they are trying to get that ceiling (limit) raised.

Perhaps that will be on the ballot this fall and the voters will give them what they want, a free reign.

Just like the last election though, the voters gave them what they wanted. They wanted to reduce the voting districts from 6 to 3 and they got it. I guess the voters didn't realize what the words " it will make it easier to get board members".

Sure it will. Won't it make it easier to get more board members from Howard or the close vicinity. Won't that end up being the centralizing of the school board?

Oh well, as I have suggested before I expect more wasted expense of our taxpayer dollars that are suppose to go to another bond issue this fall. This time for a Gymnasium and Community Storm Shelter for Howard. I think they still want a Taj Mahal for Howard, don't you?

I gotta quote and post this over on the Elk Konnected thread, after all some of the School Board members are still part of that NGO aren't they.

I sure hope the voters don't continue to give in.

Patriot

Quote from: ROSS on July 30, 2013, 10:46:11 AM
Who are you kidding.
This news about property tax being lowered is probably just the fuel the Board of Education needs.
Can't you hear them, they have the lowest taxes they have had in years, now we can raise school property taxes. Can't you hear it.
Well just take off that tin foil hat.

LOL

Nope... the tin foil stays cuz you're helping pay for it.  But I suspect you're right.  The Progressives haven't gotten the memo yet.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk