New Scam?

Started by sixdogsmom, July 25, 2013, 10:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

By now most everybody has received at least one phone call from someone speaking in broken English wanting to "fix" your computer. But this morning I received a call from a person speaking broken English who knew my name, address and telephone number. He said that all senior citizens were going to get a new medical card and that he needed for me to verify my banking information. I told him not so very politely that my bank was not any of his Damn business and hung up. The number of the call was 786-358-6691. I am going to try and look it up but I bet I don't find out much. Sigh! I get so tired of trying to protect myself from all the scammers all the time.  :P :P :P
Edie

sixdogsmom

Update--- I looked up the number and it is associated with all the scam numbers from Florida that originate in another country. I also talked to Sherriff Doug and told him about the call. I also gave him the scam number, and he said that this is the second call that he has gotten about this scam. Since he now has the originating number maybe he can do something to get it stopped. Until then, be very careful who and what you give information to. It ain't safe out there people!  :P :P
Edie

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure if you have the service or not, but my SIL does. in AZ. She has been able to just about end those calls with a block on  numbers starting with 000 and another that announces that their number does not accept solicitation calls . Somehow  it stops it. We then have to push one to continue..Of course robo calls can't do that, so it breaks the connection.  I'm not sure I have the details correct. I think there is more to it than that. Perhaps Warph can explain it better. She said it's free. Unfortunately, we can't get that service here...yet. Hopefully Verizon wll start offering it. It's always something isn't it?

Bullwinkle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk