Gardening For Everone!

Started by sixdogsmom, July 24, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I like to hear about gardening activity no matter from where. I am especially fond of flowers but do grow a very few veggies also. Right now I am busy getting some plants in the ground as I visited Lowes' mark down racks last week and again yesterday. I brought home lots of nice perrineals and a few plants that I had no previous experience with. That is always fun. One is Fiber Optic Grass, and I found on the internet that it likes wet conditions so I set its' pot in the shallow end of the minnow trap in my tub out on the patio. The minnow trap is a hideaway for any baby goldfish that hatch. Right now there are so many plants in there you cannot see the fish. Anybody want a start of water lettuce? I have some to share as I forgot to send a supply home with Lawrence when he left this morning. His horse is very fond of them and fishes them out of the horse tank to eat. We also added some water arum that I found on the creek and Lawrence collected for me. Tub is full! Nice clear water though.  :D :D
Edie

upoladeb

I think I would like some of that water lettuce.i've got a gold fish pond that could use some cover

Diane Amberg

Grrrr. The ground hog I've been trying to trap managed to get under the wire and got into some of my beans. The one row end of Tender Pick now has a crew cut. I think there is still enough for a picking tomorrow though. I wish he'd take the hint. er ..apple... I put in the trap.

Bullwinkle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk