East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

And the same to you.  There is a song that says "it never rains in California".  However, it did rain during the night last night.  Not much but dangerous to those who are in the burn areas from the fires.  So we are moving from fire season to mudslide season.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I hope you had a nice family get together Thursday. We did the usual "feed the finest"meal at the firehouse for EMTs,police officers, firefighters or other first responders who were on duty during the day.   Some had lunch with us, family dinners on Friday and more dinner with other family members today. That's a lot of eating!HA!

larryJ

Our oldest granddaughter is on a travel softball team.  She was scheduled to play in a tournament in Las Vegas the weekend after Thanksgiving.  So my daughter and her family went to her in-laws on Thursday and then went to Las Vegas on Friday.  Because of this our family actually had a Thanksgiving the weekend before.  Everything was wonderful with the family all together.  The food was great.  Just had it on another day.

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Al did survive his 72nd birthday on the 25th.Wasn't too happy about it, but watcha gonna do? We went to a great seafood place for lunch and had really nice " almost" local oysters from lower Maryland.His bladder cancer is still stable, so we're hoping for the best on that front. Between the late effects of polio and the cancer, he's OK, but his stamina has dropped a lot.He stays busy, but has to rest often to keep going. He tries to take a nap every afternoon when he can and that does help.
Larry, I'd send you some snow,but I doubt you even have a snow shovel...and you can keep your fires,mud slides and earthquakes. How about Anchorage? Enjoy that busy pup!

Diane Amberg

Merry Christmas to all.The Fire Company Christmas banquet went very well. Al received his 50 year membership pin and a nice plaque.The company president read a really special report listing many of the things Al has done, both as a firefighter and now of his many administrative duties. He received a standing ovation from all in attendance.
I was so proud of him, and his father, Doc Silverman, also a firefighter for many years, would have been too. Al has faced so many challenges. From having had Polio as a child, and now bladder cancer, it's amazing what he has accomplished.
Merry Christmas to all, even if there are very few left that will read this.

larryJ

Congratulations to Al both on his birthday and for his service.  What an honor for 50 years!

and no I don't have a snow shovel.  I left it in the mountains of Wyoming many years ago.  Where I lived there was at least two feet of snow on the ground from September until June. 

and on to stranger things.  This puppy now seven months old is weird.  There is a commercial in which there is a guy strumming a guitar and singing the word "no".  This is because there is a couple trying to watch something on TV and they are not happy because there is nothing on that they haven't seen or that they don't like.  This is for a service that provides TV, internet and phone.  What does this have to do with the puppy?  In the morning when I am laying in bed drinking my coffee and watching TV he likes to lay between my legs and sleep or just lay there.  Every time that commercial comes on he perks up and stares at the TV.  If he is laying on the floor chewing on a toy and that commercial comes on he stops and stares at the TV.  My son and I have come to the conclusion that because he hears the word "no" around the house from my wife and I that he is trying to figure out who is saying "no" to him.  Is this a once in a while thing maybe only happening a few times?  No because that commercial is on many times during the day and if he is in the room he will stop and stare at the TV.

I have decided that I am going to record it and play it for him.  A lot. Just to bug him.  How fun!

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Merry Christmas Larry, to you and your entire family, including that entertaining pup.

larryJ

Merry Christmas to you and Al.  We will going to my daughters later and the whole crowd will be there.  As far as the entertaining pup he has decided to bark at the TV on occasion.  Even if it on pause and nothing is moving on the TV he will just sit there and bark.  Now he has decided that he doesn't like the screensaver on the computer and will bark at that and it doesn't move either.  Weird.

Larryj

Diane Amberg

A belated Happy New Year to you and yours.I'm trying to Deal with family health issues as best I can. As they say, getting older isn't for sissies. Sadly, one of the best friends of my sister  just lost her youngest son to a gun suicide. So terribly sad.
I'm still very concerned about our government mess. I  can't figure out what Trump is trying to do. Anyway, I hope you are well and  not dealing with mudslides or other weather related issues.Play with that pup for me!

Diane Amberg

I'm sitting here watching the rain/freezing rain and glad we aren't getting the huge amounts of snow that this storm is bringing to some areas.
It's been fun looking at the animal prints all over the yard since the last snow. So far there are cat, possum, racoon, lots of deer, birds of course, and what might be fox and skunk.We've had groups of robins coming out of the big woods across from us. I've seen them up in the holly tree pulling off the berries.
Have a good day in spite of the weather.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk