East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I see western Kansas has had some late snow. We have finally had enough nice weather to get the spring yard clean up under way. We're hoping to go to our favorite Amish green house on Thursday to pick up a lot of plants.
Too much sadness here. Recently lost a cousin in Orange Texas to complications from a car accident and have lost several friends to cancer. I'm sure most of you saw we lost a young state trooper. Shot to death at a near by Wawa store. Awful.
Hope you are all well and enjoying life...but not tornadoes.

Diane Amberg

I hope you all didn't have any tornados nearby.
We finally got so some warm weather...a three day heat wave in the 90's, and then perfect today. Last week we had driven up to Lancaster Co. Pa. (Amish country) and got most of our veggies and flowers and today we planted the toms and peppers. Tomorrow will be the beans and cukes and most of the herbs and flowers. Tomorrow is also Newark's Memorial Day parade, the biggest in Delaware.
I found some fresh soft shell crabs and sauteed them for a great summer meal with sweet corn and potato salad. A lot of my friends children are graduating from high school this year. Makes me feel old! HA! Hope all my friends out there are doing great.

Diane Amberg

Hello all. It looks like summer is here to stay. We even had a small tornado do some damage to a farm downstate. My veggies are looking good and have s few green toms already. I'm so sorry about Bob. Bonnie is such a nice person. Any news to share?

Diane Amberg

I'm still around, but have been abandoned I guess. We had the worst garden ever, with too much rain and not enough sun. Toms were just OK, but peppers, beans and cukes were awful. Very poor pollination. Like most, I've been following family in Texas and friends in Florida.One is a nurse, lives and works in Key West. Lots of damage. She rode it out at the hospital where she works.  Happy birthday to anyone I missed .Computer has been acting up badly and just won't connect part of the time....grrr! Hope is well with you all.

Diane Amberg

Hi to all. Everyone is excited here getting ready to watch the Superbowl. I have some friends who actually spent the money to buy tickets and go. I'm too tight to spend money that way! HA! Hope all of you are well and avoiding the flu. We have a lot of  it here and unfortunately some have been very very sick. Hope you all watch and enjoy the game....Go Eagles!

sixdogsmom

Hi Diane! Hope you guys are well as I am. Getting tired of hibernation, trying to stay away from the flu bug. Lawrence is not doing too well. he had yet another stroke just before Thanksgiving, and now we think he will be diagnosed with leukemia. he has an enlarged spleen, and many too many leukocytes in his blood with not enough red cells. I am very worried. He is in Oklahoma, and I have not seen him since Christmas, but plan to go down again soon. Got snow here today, praying the roads are clear before Tuesday, as I have a Dr appt in Bartlesville. Such is the life of getting older I guess. keep well friend. i think of you often.
Edie

Diane Amberg

I'm sorry for all your troubles and worries.That's a darned shame.The Eagles won, so we are celebrating the birds bringing home the trophy at last. I'm glad the bug hasn't found you!  I just ordered some seeds to start early. I'm gonna have some spring one way or another. Ha! We've had some snow, but mostly rain. We think of you often too. I miss my Kansas friends.

sixdogsmom

Miss you too Diane. Happy to see you posting again.
Edie

Diane Amberg

We really enjoyed watching the big Eagles parade in Philly yesterday. Everyone was so happy and upbeat.We needed that. Of course the big stock market drop was scary.I t didn't hit us too bad, but bears watching.Our bond funds helped buffer the stock drop.We've been cold and sunny and have more precip. coming, but expect it to be rain instead of snow. Have a nice day all.

Catwoman

That market correction was more than just a little scary.  Hope your investments didn't suffer!!!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk