East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I had my nose taken care of yesterday.My dermatologist took an ugly rough scaly growth off the right side so I can stick it where it doesn't belong even better. HA.   He also checked out my sudden red and scaly arms, neck and back. It is psoriasis as I feared. I've never had it before but he says the terrible stresses in my life recently allowed the genes to become active. I've got some good strong cream for it. We'll see what happens. I go back in two weeks.
I did watch the last debate last night. Nothing changed my mind. Hope all my friends are well and enjoying mild weather.I have a few lilies to plant but got all the indoor plants moved in, so we are 'most ready for anything and everything now.

Mom70x7

My grandfather had psoriasis, in several spots. The cream he took (many years ago) worked on some of the spots, not on others. I would assume that today's meds are more powerful.

Good luck!

Diane Amberg

Thank you. It seems a little better today, but it's still ugly. We judge fire prevention tonight and always have fun doing that. Enjoy your day.

Diane Amberg

We finally got all the FP submissions judged.It took quite awhile.I have one of our officers out tracking down the  local winners' information.This afternoon is the Newark Halloween Parade. We'll have an engine or two with "skeleton" drivers and a fire themed float.The kids get to "trick or treat" at the merchants up and down the street afterward. We're having a fire company lunch get together at the station closest to Main St. before the parade. Several of the younger fire families make all sorts of goodies several times a year just to get together socially.Lots of fun.It's a beautiful day here...supposed to hit close to 80 .Wierd weather, but I'll take it.

Diane Amberg

After reading a couple of the other posts...easy to figure out who since there are only a couple left.....It's amazing how many "squirrels" show up at parades and public gatherings demanding the time of folks who are  then stuck with them.The interpretations of "who owes what to whom and why" is very interesting.
   Our big parade went off nicely yesterday with everyone having a wonderful time. The firefighters' lunch was super.There were two kind soup, pulled pork, bread and rolls, cole slaw and pumpkin pie, cookies and brownies.That gave me a nice break from calling parents about the fire prevention contest.
It's mighty pretty out today.The leaves have colored up and are beginning to fall. We had just that one touch of frost and it's been nice ever since. Have a good one.

Mom70x7

Parades can be so much fun, if you realize they are supposed to be fun.  ;)

Three West Elk bands went to the Neewollah festival in Independence this year. The 6th grade and the Junior High bands marched in the Kiddie Parade on Friday, and the Patriot Band marched in the Grand Parade on Saturday. First time in years they've marched in the Grand Parade. They did a great job.

redcliffsw

The Soviets were pretty good at using parades to display their tyrants and all their majestic greatness except the so-called "squirrels" had no access to them.   

Some of us have a pretty good understanding why you say the things you do. 

Diane Amberg

If you think I care about what you say to me you are sadly mistaken.

redcliffsw

Diane Amberg

Hey, all you vets...Thanks again for your service and enjoy your special day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk