East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

;D ;D ;D  Happy New Year, Diane!!  ;D ;D ;D  Hope 2016 is a stellar year for you and yours!!  ;D ;D ;D

Diane Amberg

Thanks and right back at you!

Diane Amberg

The shiver-r-s have certainly arrived in Delaware. It's been down in the teens, but will warm up a bit later in the week, so the expected precip. will still be rain and not snow. I finally had to dig out my serious winter coat, hat and gloves.
I went to my hair dresser yesterday for a much needed cut and styling and stopped at the farmers' market on the way home to restock on essentials.
We're going to have trout filets for dinner with a salad and broccoli. Sounds healthy after all the junk we've been enjoying during the holidays.
I managed to get all the Christmas stuff back down to the basement, but it still needs to be sorted and put back in the storage tubs, especially the left overs from the kids' Christmas party. I finished writing the thank you notes for the older kids who helped at the party. I still believe in hand writing them and sending them through the mail.
I hope everyone's New Year is off to a healthy and gentle start.

Diane Amberg

My birthday yesterday was especially nice. I received so many nice wishes from so many people, it really did make me feel special.The fire house Ladies Aux. gave me a homemade cake and a big flower bouquet. Al was in on it...total surprise.
Al took me out for a nice lunch at our local Greene Turtle Sports bar.They gave me a free meal. I've been spoiled rotten!
In spite of some Kansas mud mouths, I guess I do have some friends after all. HA! It's cold here but still dry.No snow showers yet. Stay warm all.

Ole Granny

Happy Belated Birthday, Diane!   Glad you had a happy and fun day!
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

Diane Amberg

There is a very cold wind driving down from Canada today. It's very damp and bitter. BRRR. We went to Firebirds for lunch yesterday on another free birthday meal certificate. I could sure get used to not cooking. Tomorrow we'll go to the Golden Corral Buffet. I get a free birthday meal there too. Good for the whole week. Tonight I'm reheating stuffed pork chops from the dinner I made on Sunday... Froze half to reheat.
We have a wayward kitten roaming around and hiding under the backyard shed. It is much too young to be out alone. I can't image where it came from. I don't think it can survive the cold nights much longer and so far I haven't been able to catch it. I'm going to put some food out and see if I can tame it down some.

Diane Amberg

Real snow flurries today, sticking just a little. We may possibly have a real 5-8 inch storm next weekend. Real winter has finally found us.
We went out for breakfast in Elkton Md. with a firehouse friend. The drive was beautiful with the snow flying everywhere. Now it's time to curl up by the fire place and enjoy the Sunday paper.
I'm going to be a great Aunt again in June. My sister's youngest is expecting her first at age 31, in  June.
Unfortunately they hadn't told anyone yet when her father died....but I believe he knows anyway. My sister had given up that they would ever have kids.
Apparently they are still planning to build onto her house and move in. Her oldest, who still lives at home, is not happy about it..."too noisy" she says. HA!
I have a feeling my sister wasn't really given much choice in the whole thing. Now they'll expect her to be a built in baby sitter. So much for her own plans.

Diane Amberg

We are being warned of a massive storm that "may'' have us in it's sights for Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.Our worst ones do come up from the south, right along the coast and this is one of those.More to follow.

Diane Amberg

We are as ready as we can be for the coming storm. It should arrive here early evening today with lots of snow, high winds and coastal flooding across three high tide periods. That has the potential for a lot of damage. We're supposed to get somewhere around 12 to 18 inches of snow, but there is no way to know for sure. If we lose power, we have our gas fireplace and gas cook stove and the garage is cold enough to act as a refrigerator as needed, plus we can store food in ice chests packed with snow if we have to.This storm is quite large and will affect us from this evening through Sunday morning. I'm hoping we don't lose any trees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk