East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We enjoyed our Christmas doings, that's for sure. We did go to the movies on Christmas Eve, as we often do. The newest Night at the Museum was showing at our local theater, which is only a short distance away. It's cute and funny as the other two were, but it was sad to see Robin Williams and Mickey Rooney in their last film performances.
Christmas dinner across the street yesterday evening was fun pandemonium as usual.They seated 24 adults and then about 10 kids of various ages at a different table.
Al took over the kitchen at clean up time. As I cleared the tables, he made short work of the plates (in the dish washer) and the silver, stemware and fancy glass bowls by hand washing. The thirty pound fresh turkey and big ham fed everyone handily with some leftovers for another smaller family get together they will have on Saturday. There were enough sides and desserts, as most of us brought a big bowl of something, to feed the local National Guard Unit!
The only problem was that four kids and one adult were not well. We'll see if we come down with colds in a few days. :o   I hope you all had as much fun we did.

Diane Amberg

Unfortunately, we both did blossom with colds on Sunday. I've developed a deep racking cough, but have some good cough syrup and plenty of hot tea with honey and lemon.
.No appointments for either of us until next week, when Al has his monthly Newark Planning Comission meeting. Hopefully we'll both be over it by then.
What is the old saying? Three days to get it, three days to have it and three day to get rid of it. So I'm hiding. I don't want to give this to anyone else. Well, perhaps one or two. ;D ;D ;D.
I need to start thank you notes, especially to the older children who help with the Aetna Kids' Christmas party each year.
Once again today we have robins out of the woods, on the ground, running all over the place. I wonder why? Any snow out there? None here, but may come next week.

Wilma

We were having some spits about 9:30 when I put some things out on the back porch.  I am not staying out until this system goes away and some warmer weather moves in.

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 30, 2014, 08:17:41 AM
   Unfortunately, we both did blossom with colds on Sunday. I've developed a deep racking cough, but have some good cough syrup and plenty of hot tea with honey and lemon.

Add 1oz. shot of Brandy (every 4 hours) to that tea and you have the best cough syrup money can buy, Diane.   By the fifth shot you'll forget you had a bad cough...:laugh: :laugh: As you can see, it cured my cold:

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

HA! Love it. I have had days when I felt and looked that bad.

Diane Amberg

We both spent the day wrapped up in quilts by the gas fireplace watching the Mummers'parade, part of the Rose parade and a film, The Hundred Foot Journey. It was very good, IMHO. Happy New Year.

Diane Amberg

A bit better today but still very little energy. The flu is now an epidemic and if people don't have that they have some form of this upper respiratory infection that Al and I are sharing. grump,grump.  Stay healthy friends.

Diane Amberg

I read a very interesting article in our News Journal here about our tiny down state farming town of Hartly. It's a good example of what happens when someone just lets go of the reins and let the horses have their head. It has collapsed and is in real trouble.
I'm going to take a much needed break from here. I was asked to join in 2007, which led to making new friends, learning to type a bit and taking a much overdue trip to the Kansas and some other states of my ancestors. I got to meet both Teresa and Kjell, who were very nice to us both and we got to meet both her parents and the gang at Cookson's. I met Six Dogs and Judy harder too. Great folks all. In 07'and 11' it all changed for me. The dark side challenged several of us to prove we were worthy of the forum and we were found lacking.Slowly but surely the closed minded took over, and almost all of the original group who had so much fun together have given up and/or moved on. When nonstop ridicule is the main topic of their dark charter, no decent, ordinary person stands a chance. Now even people's personal posting names are ridiculed. Why?
No where is safe and away from their ridicule. Nobody can post to anyone else now, on any thread, without someone jumping in to flail away. I'd think that would be beneath them, but when they are always right, there is no such thing. I recently posted something funny to WARPH, on a thread he had started long ago and had just posted on a number of times in a row. Anyone with any sense would have known any return post would have been for have been primarily for him
We used to be able to banter back and forth with fun, WARPH would never insult forum members that way. Just fun, no mean intent assumed.
But no, the dark side jumped in to spoil my fun and once more my intelligence was assaulted. Naive my foot! But he couldn't leave it alone. He wanted everyone who reads my posts to know how much I deserved his wisdom and put downs for my own good. For what reason I'll never know.Why does he want Elk County to fail? What's in it for him? He really does have good ideas sometimes, but then ruins them  with his awful self absorbed outside the system attitude. Can't some of his supporters teach him how to get his point across in a civil manner?
  You'll forgive me if I don't throw myself in the mud for him. He must have some sort of inferior personality disorder to make trying to damage me so important to him. What kind of power does he think I have to make me so dangerous to a few? Dip my braids in the inkwell?  ;D ;D ;D ;D Does his wife know how attached he wants to be to me?
It won't work, never will. I'll keep right on supporting the Elk County projects I choose to help, and will visit with family and friends as always.
I'll just take a breather, perhaps permanently, from here. Now if I can just get well.
So Cat, stay with your wonderful poetry. Nancy, Wilma, and many others ,don't let the trolls get to you.They are so wrong!

Ross

You just had to call me out didn't you?
Do you really miss me that much?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 04, 2015, 09:39:26 AM
I read a very interesting article in our News Journal here about our tiny down state farming town of Hartly. It's a good example of what happens when someone just lets go of the reins and let the horses have their head. It has collapsed and is in real trouble.

Probably  the same thing that happened to Detroit = Ran by Liberals and NGO's. Which is politics.
Perhaps if you take control from the Progressive Liberals and all the privately run organizations (NGO's) that want to spend friviously things might improve as designed. Designed to operate as a government of the people, by the people and for the people. It is not a government of the NGO's, by the NGO's and for the NGO's. These NGO's need taxpayer money to survive, to pay them selves a wage so they can lobby the local governments. Just like the giant corporations do to the Federal Government. And nobody approves of the large Corporations buying our Federal Government do they? Unless they are Progressive Liberals.

I'm going to take a much needed break from here. I was asked to join in 2007, which led to making new friends, learning to type a bit and taking a much overdue trip to the Kansas and some other states of my ancestors. I got to meet both Teresa and Kjell, who were very nice to us both and we got to meet both her parents and the gang at Cookson's. I met Six Dogs and Judy harder too. Great folks all.

Sure all the folks in Elk County are good people. And like any other community there are differences, very normal.

But Diane your special little NGO here in Elk County has never accomplished anything. Elk Konnected hides itself and has failed at everything it has tried to do, in my opinion. They wanted to copy what Elk Valley School District does every year. That is to have a community day where the kids help clean up the community. A terrific thing they do and the kids and teachers there act like a family working together. But Elk Konnected was told no by the community leaders, namely the School Board and Administration. Why should an NGO use kids to build a name for themselves? Answer this question Diane, please.

In 07'and 11' it all changed for me. The dark side challenged several of us to prove we were worthy of the forum and we were found lacking.Slowly but surely the closed minded took over and almost all of the original group who had so much fun together have given up and/or moved on. When nonstop ridicule is the main topic of their dark charter, no decent, ordinary person stands a chance. Now even people's personal posting names are ridiculed. Why?

The Dark Side as you refer to me as, has only asked questions, questions that go unanswered. You don't appreciate the questions and fail to answer them. Simple questions such as who is Konnected with Elk Konnected? You claim to have all the answers but it is you that refuse to answer and call names such as the "Dark Side".

Then you fault everyone else, and try to sneak around the forum. Such as this post about politics in the "coffee Shop."  My, oh my!

No where is safe and away from their ridicule. Nobody can post to anyone else now, on any thread, without someone jumping in to flail away. I'd think that would be beneath them, but when they are always right, there is no such thing.

Don't you mean you can run, but you can not hide?
That's why you bring politics to the coffee shop, isn't it?
So you can bad mouth and back stab.
Because you can't deal with the truth?

I have admitted on several occasions that I am human and make errors, but have you?

I recently posted something funny to WARPH, on a thread he had started long ago and had just posted on a number of times in a row. Anyone with any sense would have known any return post would have been for have been primarily for him
We used to be able to banter back and forth with fun, WARPH would never insult forum members that way. Just fun, no mean intent assumed.

Trying to shift the situation away from your self to Warph is inexcusable. I happen to read durn near everything Warph posts and have alos posted many times on his thread. I very much like what he does.

The real issue is comprehension and decency let's review, Okay?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 03, 2015, 07:11:42 AM
In 3725 is that a dog on the President's plate? Is somebody funnin' ya? :laugh:

Nothing in the above post limits answers to any one person, does it?

I politely responded with an answer:

Quote from: ROSS on January 03, 2015, 08:41:47 AM
That is satire, sarcasm. It's symbolic.
Sure it's suppose to be there.
That is part of the humor.
I'd suggest reading the article that is posted with the picture.

And you responded rather nastily:

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 03, 2015, 08:52:23 AM
Well duh. There ya have it ladies and gentlemen, the latest from Captain Obvious. :P

Quote from: ROSS on January 03, 2015, 01:13:46 PM
You asked a naive question concerning comprehension and I politely provided you with an answer.
And you gotta be nasty and ugly.

Some gratitude.

But you are welcome just the same.

Have a nice day Diane.

Then you come back with an excuse:

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 03, 2015, 02:39:13 PM
Not naive!  @#!!!#! It was a setup question! I was expecting WARPH to come back with something about the place being so exclusive the hot dogs were made of real dogs, or some such, but he never got the chance now did he? You had to jump in there and take an insulting swing at me! It's no wonder some people call you an idiot. Good manners don't let me say what I'm really thinking. Back on ignore for you!

And I responded not so politely, but not ugly and nasty:
Quote from: ROSS on January 03, 2015, 08:17:43 PM

Oh what I could say, but I bite my tongue. I could be just as ugly and nasty as you and call you stupid, but I refuse to stoop that low.

Your lack of comprehension has been obvious for a very long time.

I didn't read where you said hey Warph or anything of that nature.

Here is your remark and there is nothing set up about it.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 03, 2015, 07:11:42 AM
In 3725 is that a dog on the President's plate? Is somebody funnin' ya? :laugh:

Nope, no set up there, LOL

Then you slide over here to the "Coffee Shop" To bad mouth me.
Great move, great try.

Do you comprehend how many times you have complained about politics in the " "Coffee Shop"?
Do you comprehend how many times you have posted about politics in the " "Coffee Shop"?

But no, the dark side jumped in to spoil my fun and once more my intelligence was assaulted. Naive my foot! But he couldn't leave it alone. He wanted everyone who reads my posts to know how much I deserved his wisdom and put downs for my own good.

You have a way of twisting things rather nicely.
How many times have I told you I don't have a college degree?
How many times have I told you I'se an unedumacted red neck hick.
Why do I worry you so terribly much?

You'll forgive me if I don't throw myself in the mud for him.

Not a single solitary sole has asked you to do any thing of that nature.
But you have done it your self:

Your Attempt at censorship:
Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 28, 2013, 12:58:04 PM
No matter what the subject, it always seems to made into all about four of you and what you want and what your expert perfect "facts"(opinions) are, no matter where it started. Enjoy. :P

Remember your own advice and how negative you are.
Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 16, 2014, 11:14:17 AM
ZING! Tarwater huh...hmmmm. ;) Center of attention? Ross has that one sewn up.

You do not own this forum!
Hope you enjoy being so miserable and grumpy.
Intolerant and self absorbed. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You negative people sure can a make a nice day gloomy.

About that name calling Diane, here are just a few of your nicer ones:

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 16, 2014, 10:29:08 AM
smart alecs
Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 07, 2013, 03:06:24 PM
( It's bird. it's a... It's super Ross..... ;D)

I don't think you are despicable.  I just think you're a bit of a self proclaimed superman today. Or was that Mighty Mouse?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 14, 2011, 08:13:08 PM
Trailer trash VS white trash, round and round she goes....
now for the Carnival Barker, one Patriot, to stir the pot again to keep it going, all for one thin dime. Ladies and gents, what a show! Don't miss it. Gooood Grief. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This sounds paranoid to me.
He must have some sort of inferior personality disorder to make trying to damage me so important to him. It won't work, never will. I'll keep right on supporting the Elk County projects I choose to help, and will visit with family and friends as always. I'll just take a breather, perhaps permanently, from here.

When you criticize you really should expect to be critiqued back no matter where you try to hide.
Fair is fair isn't it Diane?
Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 27, 2014, 07:08:55 AM
I can't have any opinion without being critisized, no matter where I put it,

Wasn't this said to you Diane?
Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 18, 2014, 10:24:39 AM
       I have not let anyone "have it" except for one person in particular that refuses to address any topic without trying to prove to everyone they know it all and strays from the topic with half page posts containing a plethora of unrelated yak, yak, yak.

You couldn't comprehend the purpose of a person quoting them self. So the attempt at a put down:
Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 13, 2012, 03:11:15 PM
He copied his own post and then commented on it...He was commenting on his own comment...talking to himself. Oh, never mind! :(
If you would like to see more let me know and I will post them for you.

You knock more than just me on this forum and you have earned and received the wrath of a few.
So who is destroying you? It sure isn't me.

No one has said you can not support any thing you want to support, have they?
No one has said you can not visit family and friends, have they?
We have defended our rights to free speech, which appears to offend you, why?
We have never tried to inhibit your freedom of speech!
But we have the right to respond to your posts, whether you like it or not, just as you have the same right!

Who actually continues this diatribe?
Who is it that really won't let go?
Who is it that jumps from thread to hide the diatribe?

Now if I can just get well.
I hope you heal quickly to good health.

Diane Amberg

I am so sorry to hear of the Caney firefighter's death.(Cliff Sanders) It's considered a line of duty death, so we'll ring our memorial bell for him in 2016. The fire service is all connected, so we hear about such things early on. Prayers for all involved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk