Ross's Elk County Connected thread

Started by debid, February 16, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 20, 2013, 09:57:57 AM
Ah yes. The true Kansas  mud mentality shows itself again.
Just keep showing the readers how rude your little rattle snake group is. Personally, I don't care if you care what I write or not. DON"T READ IT or shut up about it...

And Lady Alinsky has spoken!  Keep talkin. 

"The true Kansas  mud mentality"?  Talk about being rude & insulting.

"DON"T READ IT or shut up about it"?  Your Marxist desires to openly control others is showing.  When contrasted with attempts to elicit honest discussion, your heartfelt motives are quite clear. 

You liberal progressives sure have a harder time takin it than you do dishin it out.  Not to worry, you're in great company... Biden, Obama, Reid, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Waters, Dianne (Feinstein), Matthews, Colmes, Shultz, et al.  LOL

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 20, 2013, 09:57:57 AM
...Do not move any of my posts over there or I will officially complain...

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.msg206348/topicseen.html#msg206348

Start ur 'official' bitchin!  Do you need her email addy? 

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jacksonpollochjr

I was prepared to post Ross's website and question him as he has others. I spent time looking at his website and all his commentary and pictures. It actually humanized Ross to where I liked him. You can tell he is a city boy cause he names his calves, but he really has a nice little hobby farm. Take a look.:   http://ourranchland.com/. Good job Ross you aren't like your Forum Persona at all.

Ross

Quote from: jacksonpollochjr on March 20, 2013, 10:35:16 PM
I was prepared to post Ross's website and question him as he has others. I spent time looking at his website and all his commentary and pictures. It actually humanized Ross to where I liked him. You can tell he is a city boy cause he names his calves, but he really has a nice little hobby farm. Take a look.:   http://ourranchland.com/. Good job Ross you aren't like your Forum Persona at all.

Thanks, jacksonpollochjr for the compliment it's much appreciated.

I've said I have no secrets. If you look i have a bunch of old, old family pictures up there as well.

I do believe we all have several persona's and it depends on situations what persona is used or seen.
No I'm not talking split personalities, LOL.
Politics sucks.
But when anyone want's my tax dollar, I have a right to question you as to who, what , where, when, why and how.

Yes jacksonpollochjr politics can be pretty nasty and I have tried very hard to be polite, there has been a time or two I lost it s little but heck I'm human. I don't ask anyone to believe anything I say, instead I ask that they think for themselves and discuss what is happening with family and friends and such.

I have only attempted to ask questions of what I see is a politically motivated NGO that appeared to claim to be the Elk County Savior.

they were rather rude to myself and others at one of their so called Community Conversations. I personally politely excused myself, when the man from Leoti called for the Sherriff (which I found severely rude). I understand others left very angry.

Me a City boy, if you call Independence, Kansas city.
Yeah I lived in different cities over the last forty years of so, only to make a decent living. And I didn't move back to Independence or Montgomery County because in my opinion they are to citified.

I chose Elk County for the simple life and the openness and the the beauty of the country side and because most of the people in Elk County are down home type folks of yesteryear.

A farmer, I am not, but I am having a great time pretending and learning. If I never had to drive off my property I probably wouldn't. But I do enjoy seeing the people of Elk County when I do leave my property to do some shopping in Howard and Moline. And the occasional stops at the Swinging Bridge Cafe and the Elk Falls Drive-in for a bite to eat. I sure miss Stubb at the cafe though.

i know a lot of people have had a good laugh a time or two driving by my place. Like when a straight line wind blew over my three sided horse shelter I built. Stubb told me so.  I know they laughed at my round bales last year. And I am quite happpy to provide a few laughs while I learn. If I learn. LOL

If you happen to be driving by stop in and say hi, I don't bite. Really we are friendly. If you can offer some advice to a retired old man raising a few cows and chickens and a couple of horses I'll definitely listen. If you just want to stop and pet my horses you are welcome to do that. But I can;t be responsible for you if you put your foot under their hoof or put your finger between their teeth.

I consider my horses very friendly and gentle. I purchased these beautiful critters from the Circle N in Elk Falls and I am proud of them.

Also and this is important, I won't tolerate any meanness to any animal.

Once again thanks for the compliment.

jarhead

Looks like Kjell's warning on the sand throwing, playing victim and "I hit you last ", fell on deaf ears---no I aint talking about you, you ol Swabbie. :)

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on March 21, 2013, 10:40:31 AM
Looks like Kjell's warning on the sand throwing, playing victim and "I hit you last ", fell on deaf ears---no I aint talking about you, you ol Swabbie. :)

Yep, seems so.

Patriot

We really need to do something about those sinkholes, jarhead... there are recent posts miraculously disappearing.  LOL

Janet Harrington

Ross,

That website is just the cutest thing. I really enjoyed seeing the move to Elk County and everything you have accomplished using pictures. Totally enjoyable. Thanks.

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on March 21, 2013, 03:33:53 PM
Ross,

That website is just the cutest thing. I really enjoyed seeing the move to Elk County and everything you have accomplished using pictures. Totally enjoyable. Thanks.

Thanks Janet.

We had a really good time putting this place together.
The reason for the web site was because of all my fellow workers and relatives spread across the US wanting to see pictures and I found it impossible to email all of them.

And to some of my family wanted to see old family pictures.

The sight is not publicized because it was meant mainly for friends and family. But quite a few people have stumbled on to it.
One lady wanted to know what i used for separating the top portion of my my horse stalls. It was an idea provide to me by an Elk Falls horseman. I used horse panels. And the lady really liked the idea and was going to use the same thing.

So it has been fun. I was going to let it expire bu my nieces and nephews and great nieces and nephews talked me into letting it stay up.

Thanks again for the compliment. I love living here and I sure don't miss living in the cities.

Growit1

Diane - If you don't like what's going on why don't you just bug out and bother people in your OWN neighborhood? Ross, Patriot Jarhead etc speak for a lot of us here in Elk Co.  It was past time we had someone with common sense speak out against the elite and the good ol' boy stuff going on here.

Diane Amberg

I did not start this thread, nor have I ever criticized you. My freedom of speech is guaranteed just like yours is. I do find it interesting however, that as much as a few complain about non elected groups and what they do, that is exactly what they are doing.They hold no elected offices, yet they act like they speak for all of Elk County and nobody else better have an opinion. Political snipers?
What I don't like and never will are the nasty personal attacks and labels that did not exisit until a few joined a couple of years ago. What politics has to do with daily activities and growing plants I'll never know.
Please don't read what I post, problem solved. My friends may read me and enjoy my contributions, anyone else can just skip mine and go be bothered by someone else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk