Does Anyone Have experience With Jitterbug?

Started by sixdogsmom, November 28, 2012, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I am thinking about getting a Jitterbug cell phone and wonder if anyone has one and how they like it. Can we get good reception here with their provider, Great Call? If you have a cell, what is the one that you reccomend for this area. I do know that AT&T service is iffy here in Moline. You have to go outdoors to use it. That's no good. Anybody?
Edie

jarhead

6 dogs. I thought the Jitter-Bug was  a kind of dance back in Wilma's days ;D

Patriot

Quote from: sixdogsmom on November 28, 2012, 05:56:41 PM
I am thinking about getting a Jitterbug cell phone and wonder if anyone has one and how they like it. Can we get good reception here with their provider, Great Call? If you have a cell, what is the one that you reccomend for this area. I do know that AT&T service is iffy here in Moline. You have to go outdoors to use it. That's no good. Anybody?

Six,

I looked at the JB phone for my mother.  Phone seems OK but service in your area may be iffy... don't know who the carrier is..  Verizon took over the old Alltel tower near Moline, that might be a better bet.  I'll check my Verizon signal down that way soon and let you know.

Jarhead...you're a hoot.... owl!  Or is that a Hooter?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

oldfart

Wilma

greatguns

My guess the best service you can get is SKTC cell phone.

Teresa

I had US Cellular and absolutely loved it.. had service all over the place here and far away..
But they didn't offer the IPhones and We needed them for work so we had to switch to AT&T. The service isn't nearly as good.. and my sister has Verizon and can't get any service down here when shes at Mothers..
My kids all have SKT and they aren't too happy with it..
I would suggest looking at all the plans .. but in my opinion US Cellular is the best.. 
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

mtcookson

Coverage wise US Cellular and SKT will be the best in this area. US Cellular gets my vote between them though. I'll be switching to them as soon as my contract is up. They do also offer some prepaid plans if you're looking to keep costs down a little more or don't want a contract.

http://www.uscellular.com/uscellular/plans/showPlans.jsp?plan-selector-type=prepaid&type=plans

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk