This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

In order to fully conceptualize. It is perhaps important to reference 2001 "The Dawn Of Man" segment which introduced 2001 – A Space Odyssey.

Only after watching the above – should you consider the below:

The scene of the bone being flung high into the air and turning into a spacecraft always brings a tear to my eyes.  It is one of the most deeply moving things on film, at least for me.

Well, I guess not all the apes were influenced by The Monolith.  I love 2001, because Stanley Kubick painted such a blank canvas.  I return to it from time to time, and am never disappointed, in spite of the new learning I bring to the viewing.  It grows in meaning as I grow in understanding.  Even when it came out, not understanding it, I at least appreciated I was experiencing great art, and it moved me.

The Monolith... whatever it was... brought creative thinking into the lives of the hominids.  One of these insights was Weapons.  One of the breathtaking cuts in the movie is the sight of the celebratory gesture of the bone weapon in the air, turning into a spacecraft!  We see the fire of creative insight some alive... and what it came to be.. and the magnificent music of Strauss as the background.

When the hominids encountered the Monolith, they were in awe.  They examined it, and treated it with respect.  The scientists who rediscovered the Monolith also treated it with respect, although it was unclear what its significance was.

The video of the Afghans stoning the drone is odd, to say the least.  Odd that they should behave like animals encountering ths devise and stone it, and yet be able to record the event on the evil white man's iPhone camera.... The sole of their shoe is considered to be the filthiest part of the body, so beating something with it is an extreme act of symbolic disrespect.  You can take people out of the stone age but you can't take the stone age out of some people.

This is a microcosm of our own time, as Kubrick's 'Dawn of Man' was for our past.

...Warph
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Tweet Of The Day

Hillary Clinton        ✔ @HillaryClinton Follow
It's so much more fun to watch FOX when it's someone else being blitzed & sacked! #SuperBowl6:44 PM - 2 Feb 2014
51,809 Retweets 36,681 favorites

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

AWFUL. Obama Lashes Out at O'Reilly, FOX News During Super Bowl Interview

Sunday, February 2, 2014, 5:44 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/02/transcript-bill-oreilly-interviews-president-obama/

The White House agreed to an interview with FOX News host Bill O'Reilly prior to the Super Bowl. Bill O'Reilly talked about the interview all week. It's just too bad 'President Thinski'n couldn't answer the questions without getting testy. Obama attacked both Bill O'Reilly and FOX News during the interview blaming FOX for his failures as president.

O'Reilly ate his lunch.

Obama also downplayed the corruption in his administration.
"Not even a smidgen of corruption."

Business Insider had more on the interview:

Obama And Bill O'Reilly Just Had An Extremely Tense Pre-Super Bowl Interview

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-bill-oreilly-super-bowl-interview-2014-2#ixzz2sF8Jf5ug

"Why didn't you fire Sebelius?" O'Reilly said.

He avoided a direct answer, but Obama said that people were being "held accountable." O'Reilly subsequently questioned Obama on whether his promise that, "If you like your plan, you can keep it" was his biggest "mistake" as president. Obama used a football analogy at the end of this line of questioning, saying he was trying to not dwell on the "fumbles" and move on to the next play.

O'Reilly also asked Obama if he was told in the initial aftermath of the 2012 attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, that it had been a "terrorist attack."

"When someone is attacking our compound, that's an act of terror," Obama said, adding that he had used that phrase in a Rose Garden statement the day after the attack.

"Your detractors believe that you did not tell the world it was a terror attack because your campaign didn't want that out," O'Reilly said. "That's what they believe."

"And they believe it because folks like you are telling them that," Obama shot back.

After some intense questioning about last year's revelation that the IRS targeted certain groups, including conservative groups, for extra scrutiny, Obama took another jab at Fox News.

"These kinds of things keep on surfacing in part because you and your TV station will promote them," he said.

TRANSCRIPT:

BILL O'REILLY, HOST:  Mr. President, thank you  for doing this.

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:  Great to be with you.

O'REILLY:  Really appreciate it.

I want to get some things on the record.

So let's begin with health care.

OBAMA:  Yes?

O'REILLY:  October 1st it rolls out.

OBAMA:  Right.

O'REILLY:  Immediately, there are problems with the computers.

OBAMA:  Right.

O'REILLY:  When did you know there were going to be problems with those computers?

OBAMA:  Well, I think we all anticipated there would be glitches, because any time you've got technology, a new program rolling out, there are going to be some glitches.  I don't think I anticipated or anybody anticipated the degree of the problems with the Web site.  And...

O'REILLY:  So you just didn't know when it rolled out that this was going to be...

OBAMA:  Well, I don't think...

O'REILLY:  -- a problem?

OBAMA:  -- as I said, I don't think anybody anticipated the degree of problems that you had on HealthCare.gov.  The good news is that right away, we decided how are we going to fix it, it got fixed within a month and a half, it was up and running and now it's working the way it's supposed to and we've signed up three million people.

O'REILLY:  I don't know about that, because last week, there was an Associated Press call of people who actually went to the Web site and only 8 percent of them feel that it's working well, working well.

Why didn't you fire Sebelius, the secretary in charge of this...

OBAMA:  (INAUDIBLE).

O'REILLY:  -- because I mean she had to know, after all those years and all that money, that it wasn't going to work?

OBAMA:  You know, my main priority right now is making sure that it delivers for the American people.  And what we...

O'REILLY:  You're not going to answer that?

OBAMA:  -- what -- what we've ended up doing is we've got three million people signed up so far.  We're about a month behind of where we anticipated we wanted to be.  We've got over six million people who have signed up for Medicaid.

O'REILLY:  Yes.

OBAMA:  We've got three million young people under the age of 26 who have signed up on their parents' plan.  And so what we're constantly figuring out is how do we continue to improve it, how do we make sure that the folks who don't have health insurance can get health insurance...

O'REILLY:  OK...

OBAMA:  -- and those who are underinsured are able to get better health insurance.

O'REILLY:  I'm sure -- I'm sure that the intent is noble, but I'm a taxpayer.

OBAMA:  Yes.

O'REILLY:  And I'm paying Kathleen Sebelius' salary and she screwed up.

O'REILLY:  And you're not holding her accountable.

OBAMA:  Yes, well, I -- I promise you that we hold everybody up and down the line accountable.  But when we're...

O'REILLY:  But she's still there.

OBAMA:  -- when we're in midstream, Bill, we want to make sure that our main focus is how do we make this thing work so that people are able to sign up?

And that's what we've done.

O'REILLY:  All right.

Was it the biggest mistake of your presidency to tell the nation over and over, if you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance?

OBAMA:  Oh, Bill, you've got a long list of my mistakes of my presidency...

O'REILLY:  But, no, really, for you...

OBAMA:  -- as I've (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY:  -- wasn't that the biggest one?

OBAMA:  But this is -- this is one that I regret and I've said I regretted, in part because we put in a grandfather clause in the original law saying that, in fact, you were supposed to be able to keep it.  It obviously didn't cover everybody that we needed to and that's why we changed it, so that we further grandfathered in folks and many people who thought originally, when they got that cancellation notice, they couldn't keep it or not (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY:  It's in the past.  But isn't that the...

OBAMA:  So...

O'REILLY:  -- biggest mistake?

OBAMA:  Well, I, you know, Bill, as I said...

O'REILLY:  You gave your enemies...

OBAMA:  You...

O'REILLY:  -- a lot of fodder for it.

OBAMA:  -- you were very generous in saying I look pretty good considering I've been in the presidency for five years.  And I think part of the reason is, I try to focus not on the fumbles, but on the next plan.

Libya, House Armed Services testimony, General Carter Ham, you know, the general?

OBAMA:  Yes.  Right.

O'REILLY:  Security in Africa.

O'REILLY:  He testified that on the day that the ambassador was murdered and the three other Americans, all right, he told Secretary Panetta it was a terrorist attack.  Shortly after Ham, General Ham, said that, Secretary Panetta came in to you.

O'REILLY:  Did he tell you, Secretary Panetta, it was a terrorist attack?

OBAMA:  You know what he told me was that there was an attack on our compound...

O'REILLY:  He didn't tell you...

OBAMA:  -- (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY:  -- he didn't use the word "terror?"

OBAMA:  You know, in -- in the heat of the moment, Bill, what folks are focused on is what's happening on the ground, do we have eyes on it, how can we make sure our folks are secure...

O'REILLY:  Because I just want to get this on the record...

OBAMA:  So, I...

O'REILLY:  -- did he tell you it was a terror attack?

OBAMA:  Bill -- and what I'm -- I'm answering your question.  What he said to me was, we've got an attack on our compound.  We don't know yet...

O'REILLY:  No terror attack?

OBAMA:  -- we don't know yet who's doing it.  Understand, by definition, Bill, when somebody is attacking our compound...

O'REILLY:  Yes?

OBAMA:  -- that's an act of terror, which is how I characterized it the day after it happened.  So the -- so the question ends up being who, in fact, was attacking us?

O'REILLY:  But it's more than that...

OBAMA:  And that...

O'REILLY:  -- though...

OBAMA:  -- well, we...

O'REILLY:  -- because of Susan Rice.

OBAMA:  No, it...

O'REILLY:  It's more than that because if Susan Rice goes out and tells the world that it was a spontaneous demonstration...

OBAMA:  Bill...

O'REILLY:  -- off a videotape but your...

OBAMA:  Bill...

O'REILLY:  -- your commanders and the secretary of Defense know it's a terror attack...

OBAMA:  Now, Bill...

O'REILLY:  Just...

OBAMA:  -- Bill...

O'REILLY:  -- as an American...

OBAMA:  -- Bill -- Bill...

O'REILLY:  -- I'm just confused.

OBAMA:  And I'm -- and I'm trying to explain it to, if you want to listen.  The fact of the matter is is that people understood, at the time, something very dangerous was happening, that we were focused on making sure that we did everything we can -- could -- to protect them.  In the aftermath, what became clear was that the security was lax, that not all the precautions and -- that needed to be taken were taken and both myself and Secretary Clinton and others indicated as much.

But at the moment, when these things happen, Bill, on the other side of the world, people...

O'REILLY:  It's the fog of war...

OBAMA:  -- people -- that's -- people don't know at the very moment exactly why something like this happens.  And when you look at the videotape of this whole thing unfolding, this is not some systematic, well organized process.  You see...

O'REILLY:  Well, it was heavy weapons used...

OBAMA:  -- you...

O'REILLY:  -- and that...

OBAMA:  -- what you...

O'REILLY:  -- that's the thing...

OBAMA:  -- what you see -- Bill...

O'REILLY:  -- heavy weapons coming in.

OBAMA:  -- Bill, listen, I -- I -- I've gone through this and we have had multiple hearings on it.  What happens is you have an attack like this taking place and you have a mix of folks who are just troublemakers.  You have folks who have an ideological agenda.

OBAMA:  You have some who are affiliated with terrorist organizations.  You have some that are not.  But the main thing that all of us have to take away from this is our diplomats are serving in some very dangerous places.

O'REILLY:  But there's more...

OBAMA:  And we've got...

O'REILLY:  -- there's more than that...

OBAMA:  -- and we've got -- and we've got to make sure that not only have we implemented all the reforms that were recommended...

O'REILLY:  OK.

OBAMA:  -- by the independent agency...

O'REILLY:  I...

OBAMA:  -- but we also have to make sure that we understand our folks out there are in a hazardous, dangerous situation...

O'REILLY:  I think everybody understands that...

OBAMA:  -- and we...

O'REILLY:  -- Mr. President.

OBAMA:  No, but -- but, actually, not everybody does, because what ends up happening...

O'REILLY:  I think they do.

OBAMA:  -- what ends up happening is we end up creating a political agenda...

O'REILLY:  Absolutely...

OBAMA:  -- over something...

O'REILLY:  -- and that's...

O'REILLY:  -- that was my next question.

OBAMA:  -- which Democrats and Republicans should be unified in trying to figure out how are we going to protect people (INAUDIBLE)?

O'REILLY:  I've got to get to the IRS...

OBAMA:  OK.

O'REILLY:  -- but I just want to say that they're -- your detractors believe that you did not tell the world it was a terror attack because your campaign didn't want that out.

OBAMA:  Bill, think about...

O'REILLY:  That's what they believe.

OBAMA:  -- and they believe it because folks like you are telling them that.

O'REILLY:  No, I'm not telling them that.

(LAUGHTER)

O'REILLY:  I'm asking you whether you were told...

OBAMA:  But -- and what I'm saying is...

O'REILLY:  -- it was a terror attack and you...

OBAMA:  -- and what I'm saying is that is inaccurate.

OBAMA:  We -- we revealed to the American people exactly what we understood at the time.  The notion that we would hide the ball for political purposes when, a week later, we all said, in fact, there was a terrorist attack taking place the day after, I said it was an act of terror, that wouldn't be a very good cover-up...

OBAMA:  -- if that's what we were interested in.

O'REILLY:  I've got to get to the IRS...

O'REILLY:  -- because I don't know what happened there and I'm hoping maybe you can tell us.  Douglas Shulman, former IRS chief, he was cleared into the White House 157 times, more than any of your cabinet members, more than any other IRS guy in the history, by far.

OK, why was Douglas Shulman here 157 times?

Why?

OBAMA:  Mr. Shulman, as the head of the IRS, is constantly coming in, because at the time, we were trying to set up the, uh, HealthCare.gov and the IRS...

O'REILLY:  What did he have to do with that?

OBAMA:  -- and the IRS is involved in making sure that that works as part of the overall health care team.

O'REILLY:  So it was all health care?

OBAMA:  Number two, we've also got the IRS involved when it comes to some of the financial reforms to make sure that we don't have taxpayer funded bailouts in the future.  So you had all these different agendas in which the head of the IRS is naturally involved.

O'REILLY:  Did you speak to him a lot...

OBAMA:  -- (INAUDIBLE).

O'REILLY:  -- yourself?

OBAMA:  I do not recall meeting with him in any of these meetings that are pretty routine meetings that we had.

O'REILLY:  OK, so you don't -- you don't recall seeing Shulman, because what some people are saying is that the IRS was used...

O'REILLY:  -- at a -- at a local level in Cincinnati, and maybe other places to go after...

OBAMA:  Absolutely wrong.

O'REILLY:  -- to go after.

OBAMA:  Absolutely wrong.

O'REILLY:  But how do you know that, because we -- we still don't know what happened there?

OBAMA:  Bill, we do -- that's not what happened.  They -- folks have, again, had multiple hearings on this.  I mean these kinds of things keep on surfacing, in part because you and your TV station will promote them.

O'REILLY:  But don't...

OBAMA:  But when (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY:  -- think there are unanswered questions?

OBAMA:  Bill, when you actually look at this stuff, there have been multiple hearings on it.  What happened here was it that you've got a...

O'REILLY:  But there's no definition on it.

OBAMA:  -- you've got a 501(c)(4) law that people think is focusing.  No -- that the folks did not know how to implement...

O'REILLY:  OK...

OBAMA:  -- because it basically says...

O'REILLY:  -- so you're saying there was no...

OBAMA:  -- if you are involved...

O'REILLY:  -- no corruption there at all, none?

OBAMA:  That's not what I'm saying.

O'REILLY:  (INAUDIBLE).

OBAMA:  That's actually...

O'REILLY:  No, no, but I want to know what...

O'REILLY:  -- you're saying.  You're the leader of the country.

OBAMA:  Absolutely.

O'REILLY:  You're saying no corruption?

OBAMA:  No.

O'REILLY:  None?

No?

OBAMA:  There were some -- there were some bone-headed decisions...

O'REILLY:  Bone-headed decisions...

OBAMA:  -- out of -- out of a local office...

O'REILLY:  But no mass corruption?

OBAMA:  Not even mass corruption, not even a smidgeon of corruption, I would say.

O'REILLY:  OK.  I got a letter from Kathy LaMaster (ph), Fresno, California.  I said I would read one letter from the folks, all right?

OBAMA:  All right.

O'REILLY:  "Mr. President, why do you feel it's necessary to fundamentally transform the nation that has afforded you so much opportunity and success?"

OBAMA:  I don't think we have to fundamentally transform the nation...

O'REILLY:  But those are your words.

OBAMA:  I think that what we have to do is make sure that here in America, if you work hard, you can get ahead.  Bill, you and I benefitted from this incredible country of ours, in part, because there were good jobs out there that paid a good wage, because you had public schools that functioned well, that we could get scholarships if we didn't come from a wealthy family, in order to go to college.

O'REILLY:  Right.

OBAMA:  That, you know, if you worked hard, not only did you have a good job, but you also had decent benefits, decent health care...

O'REILLY:  They're cutting me off...

OBAMA:  -- and for a lot of folks, we don't have that.  We've got to make sure that we're doing everything we can to expand the middle class...

O'REILLY:  All right...

OBAMA:  -- and work hard and people who are working hard can get into the middle class.

O'REILLY:  I think -- I -- you know, I know you think maybe we haven't been fair, but I think your heart is in the right place.

Projection for the game -- who's going to win the Super Bowl?

OBAMA:  I can't make a prediction.  I don't know.  These guys are too evenly matched.  I think it is going to be 24-21, but I don't know who's going to be...

O'REILLY:  You don't really know?

OBAMA:  -- 24 and I don't know who's going to be 21.

O'REILLY:  Mr. President, thanks very much.

OBAMA:  I enjoyed it. Thank you.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Clinton White House Counsel Can't List a Single Hillary Accomplishment

February 1, 2014 by Daniel Greenfield

Bill Clinton's former Counsel and troubleshooter Lanny Davis, when asked on Hugh Hewitt's show to list Hillary Clinton's accomplishments, couldn't list one of them. Instead Lanny had to claim that the Secretary of State job is useless.

HH: All right, one question, you've got a minute. Summarize for me what she accomplished as Secretary of State.

LD: Well, the biggest thing of all is goodwill around the world, which is what secretaries of State do.

The United States is not exactly very popular around the world. And Secretaries of State are expected to have more specific accomplishments internationally in the diplomatic arena.

HH: Like in Syria...

LD: I don't know what any secretary of State...

HH: ...and Egypt and Libya?

LD: I don't know, well, Libya and certainly the intervention in Libya and getting rid of Qaddafi, you would say that's a pretty good achievement for the President. But these are presidential achievements with a partnership of the secretary of State. What do secretaries of State do? For example, she was very instrumental in the details of the Iranian sanctions program, which has produced, apparently, some results. I'm very skeptical about this deal in Iran on the nuclear weaponry. But the credit she deserves on this sanctions program, which literally was her program in the State Department to enforce, but in partnership with Barack Obama.

HH: So her achievement is that...

LD: But this doesn't change the question about the secretary of State having achievement. This is a secretary of State is the most popular woman in the world and restored relations with everyone in the world.

Apparently we didn't have any relations with anyone in the world until Hillary arrived. Also Hillary's accomplishment is being popular. Which is a debatable accomplishment.

But you can see the problem for Hillary Inc and Planet Hillary and Clintonworld. This is a killer question because Hillary didn't do anything. And the things that Lanny tries to attribute to her are on shaky ground. Obama has turned on sanctions and the Libyan intervention led to Benghazi and was wildly unpopular with Americans.

Hillary does not want to stand up at a debate and claim credit for Benghazi by way of the Libyan intervention. She will try to claim credit for Iran, but by then the topic may be equally untouchable, if for example Israel does bomb Iran's reactions or the negotiations completely collapse.

Accomplishment is the subject that Hillary has to avoid.

I can list one accomplishment:

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Worst Super Bowl Commercial: Coca Cola Celebrates "Multiculturalism" By Butchering "America The Beautiful"

(Could have been a great commercial . . . if they sang it in English)

Allen West says it best:

I'm watching the Super Bowl, looks like good defense (Seattle) is trouncing good offense (Denver) when a Coca Cola commercial came on and it started rather patriotically with the words of "America the Beautiful."

Then the words went from English to languages I didn't recognize. Now, I know the politically correct thing is to foster multiculturalism — working really well in Europe.

[...]

I am quite sure there may some who appreciated the commercial, but Coca Cola missed the mark in my opinion. If we cannot be proud enough as a country to sing "America the Beautiful" in English in a commercial during the Super Bowl, by a company as American as they come — doggone we are on the road to perdition. This was a truly disturbing commercial for me, what say you?

(I would say, "Coke, this is how you do it."... and I think Bullwinkle would agree with me  :laugh:)

--Warph

-- Warph

Ross

Arizona Cops Execute Unarmed Man
That Had His
Hands In The Air

When did it become ok for police to execute unarmed men that have their hands raised in the air in  the act of surrender. Are the police now taking on the roles of judge, jury, and executioner? What ever happened to our right of due process, and a jury trial. Welcome to the new America, ( The New China of the 21st century.)

Sunday, February 2, 2014 15:14

Stop Resisting Execution:
Cold-Blooded Arizona Cops Assassinate
Suspect with His Hands in the Air.

For absolutely no reason other than "because they could", cops in Pinal County, Arizona executed a suspect who was standing there, not near any of the officers, with his hands in the air, offering no threat whatsoever.  Without trial, judge, or jury, they simply assassinated the man, as his family looked on in horror. Warning: There is some graphic violence in the video below.

This is your police force, America. Protecting and Serving you to death.

Are there some good cops out there? I'm sure there are. I am certain that some people go to the Academy hoping to do right and to help others.  But...they have to know their "brothers" are doing these terrible things. What are they doing to put a stop to it?  When you accept an action, you are deeming it "acceptable", no matter how passively. And that makes you just as guilty as the person perpetrating the action.

So, why are we so hard on the boys in blue? Because they are the ones that are supposed to enforce the rules, and thus they must be held to a higher standard.

Read Here: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/stop-resisting-execution-cold-blooded-arizona-cops-assassinate-suspect-with-his-hands-in-the-air_022014

Warph

President Obama Says "Unfair" Over Questioning Around Benghazi and The IRS

President Barack Obama said that he is "in a lot of ways" less liberal than former Republican President Richard Nixon and said Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly has been "absolutely" unfair to him throughout his presidency in an interview that aired Monday night.

O'Reilly conducted a live and at times contentious interview with the president on Sunday ahead of the Super Bowl. An additional taped portion of the interview aired on "The O'Reilly Factor" on Monday.

During the sit-down in which O'Reilly asked about issues like the 2012 Benghazi attack and the troubled health care roll out, the Fox News firebrand asked the president if he felt his network has been unfair to his administration.

"Absolutely, of course you are, Bill. But I like you anyway," Obama said

Benghazi:
Why was Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi Libya on 9/11/12?

Who was the CIA Station Chief in Benghazi Libya on 9/11/12?

Where are the victims of the terror attack? Why have we not heard from them?

What did Obama do after 7:18pm (DC time) on 9/11/12?

Why did the Turkish delegation not see any issues at 9:30 pm when leaving the compound?... or did they?

Recent reports are indicating CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell was the person inside the intelligence community who was working to shield Hillary Clinton.  Mr. Morell  spent two years as the head of the CIA's main analytic arm, the Directorate of Intelligence 2011 and 2012.

CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell

Morell became the interim CIA Director when General Petraeus stepped down due to his personal issues and convenient for the administration extra-marital affair.   [ Eric Holder's FBI was holding all the investigative information over the affair - *wink* *wink*]

A September 15th, 2012 email from the Benghazi CIA Chief of Section, soon to hit the media cycle, essentially states they had been trying for days to politely say to the top of the CIA -political side- Benghazi was a direct terrorist attack and could not understand why the political side (career Morell manipulating story to non-career Petraeus) was spinning another story.

In the direct language contained within the memo the Station Chief underlined it was NOT a spontaneous protest turned violent.

CIA Deputy Director Morell evolved to become very critical of the Bush administration, even though Morell was Bush's personal briefer.

Morell was the "key" CIA intelligence briefer for President Bush, and carried a chip on his shoulder around the Iraqi WMD non-finding.   Morell felt he was unfairly held accountable and his career spotlight diminished as a result of the flawed intelligence which became a toxic political issue for the Bush administration.

As a career CIA official he internalized the Iraq WMD issues and became highly political in his views of DC, politics and the relationship between the intelligence community.  Through this personal evolution Morell became one of the most partisan members of the intelligence community, and his big-shoulder-chip experience skewed his ideology.

After Morell was passed over by the Obama administration for permanent CIA director, the position given to life-long Obama ally John Brennan, Morell angrily quit the CIA (June 2013).

From Morell's perspective he was "passed over", from the Administration's perspective (Obama/Clinton) the plausible deniability (lying) he afforded the administration around the Benghazi attack meant he was a risk.

It was safer for the administration, ie. less likely to endure congressional inquiry, if Morell was outside government.    It was better for both Obama and Clinton to have distance from Morell.

Morell went to work in the private sector as a consultant for CBS news and retains a familiar leash attached to his collar his secondary position on The President's Intelligence Advisory Board.

John Brennan the CIA Director, James Clapper the Director of Intelligence, and Leon Panetta who was Secretary of Defense at the time, all three of them the day it happened, actually it was the morning of the 12th, said that it was an organized terrorist attack and they told the President that. And he kept saying afterwards that it was a video.

Now he knew full well what it was, and I applaud, I didn't see what you are talking about, but I applaud Bill O'Reilly, if he tried to press him on that. And there's nothing else the president could say, since all three testified under oath that day, so he as to come up with something and blame something else. He's gotten by with it though, his entire life.

Let me say this before you move on, and I will say this till my dying day, I know that people don't realize that now but that's going to go down in history as the greatest cover up. And I'm talking about compared to the Pentagon Papers, Iran contra, Watergate or the rest of them. This is a cover up before the election to make people believe there is no longer a terrorist problem in the Middle East.

IRS:
If it's not a scandal then why is there a Justice Dept investigation?

If it's not a scandal then why did IRS head Lois Lerner plead the fifth?

If it was not even remotely a scandal then why did Obama call an emergency presser to announce his outrage?

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Saudi Cleric Issues Fatwa Calling For Baby Girls To Wear Burqas To Prevent Rape

(Can't make this stuff up)

Via NY Daily News:

A Saudi sheikh has issued a fatwa calling for female babies to wear burqas.

Sheikh Abdullah Daoud, who is not affiliated with the government of Saudi Arabia, made his controversial edict during an interview on the Islamic al-Majd TV that aired six months ago but recently went viral on social networking sites.

According to Daoud, dressing infants and children in the traditional Muslim veils would reduce the sexual molestation of minors, though the cleric did not cite any evidence for his view.

Sheikh Mohammad al-Jzlana, a former judge at the Saudi Board of Grievances, told al-Majd TV that the fatwa was "denigrating to Islam and Shariah and made Islam look bad."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Feds To Require Vehicle-To-Vehicle Communication To Prevent Crashes

(The Knight Rider rides again)

Via Mercury News:

Signaling a technological leap forward for the auto industry and a boon to Silicon Valley, the federal government announced Monday it will take steps to require all new cars and light trucks to communicate with each other, a move aimed at significantly reducing the more than 30,000 vehicle deaths each year.

For decades, the focus of auto safety has primarily been on surviving the traumatic impact of crashes through features like air bags and seat belts. But now the focus has shifted to avoiding crashes by developing technology to make future vehicles "smart" enough to detect and respond to threats, such as an oncoming vehicle.

The technology, known as "vehicle-to-vehicle," or "V2V," lets cars "talk" to each other and exchange safety data, such as speed and position. If a nearby car abruptly changes lanes and moves into another car's blind spot, the car would be alerted.

"Vehicle-to-vehicle technology represents the next generation of auto safety improvements, building on the lifesaving achievements we've already seen with safety belts and air bags," U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said during a news conference in Washington, D.C. "By helping drivers avoid crashes, this technology will play a key role in improving the way people get where they need to go while ensuring that the U.S. remains the leader in the global automotive industry."

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Idiot Tingles: "Susan Rice Told The Truth. It Was A Spontaneous Attack On Our Facility In Benghazi"
(Because Of A YouTube Video)

I see Tingles is bitterly clinging on to this long-ago debunked notion the attack was the result of a YouTube video (which Comrade Chris says was made by the "right wing").  Even the Obama administration admits what Rice said was not accurate.

MATTHEWS: This is my problem Joy with that interview and the questioning from O'Reilly, and I'm not a media critic. But the information's out there that Susan Rice told the truth. It was a spontaneous attack on our facility in Benghazi... In Cairo the attacks there were in response apparently to the video! The crazy right wing video that came out of Los Angeles! So, it was right! She got it right Susan Rice. So, why doesn't the president just blasting it back at the guy?

Note to Tingles: The bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report found it was a pre-planned terror attack involving al-Qaeda groups and had nothing to do with that stupid video.

(Fox News) — A comprehensive report by the Senate Intelligence Committee definitively declared that individuals tied to Al Qaeda groups were involved in the Benghazi attack, challenging recent claims that the terror network was not a factor.

The report was released Monday, nearly one year after then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, under congressional questioning over the nature of the attack, shouted at lawmakers: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

The administration initially claimed the attack sprung out of a protest, but has since given a more complicated assessment. Still, administration officials all along have downplayed Al Qaeda involvement, recently seizing on a New York Times report that supported those claims.

While the report does not implicate Al Qaeda "core" — the leadership believed to be in the Pakistan region — it does blame some of the most influential Al Qaeda branches, including Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).

"Individuals affiliated with terrorist groups, including AQIM, Ansar al-Sharia, AQAP, and the Mohammad Jamal Network, participated in the September 11, 2012, attacks," the report said. The militant Ansar al-Sharia was, separately, labeled by the State Department as a terror group last week, in part over its alleged involvement in the Benghazi strike.

--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk