This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on February 14, 2013, 09:02:51 PM
So now you can sit on your ass in Colorado and fly a drone with your joy stick and get a medal that is higher than a Bronze star w/V and a Purple Heart earned in combat.
Un- freaking- believable !!!

Ditto!  Un- freaking- believable!

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

This is great... why not Keyboard Warrior medals for all those chickenhawk drone pilots and for the clowns who never served in the military and/or in wars but who love to run their mouths and promote the very same wars and military they avoided.  Perhaps Purple gal bladder medals for all those wounded from high cholesterol from all those dinners toasting "warriors" that the chickenhawks groupie around like the Kelley's at MacDill, Blabbermouth Jay Carney and that sh!thammer Disaster-in-Chief Obuma.

Every honorably discharged service member should receive an award.  If ordinary performance of duties is the criterion for a medal, there are thousands... actually millions.... of current and former service members who should receive such recognition, who actually served on the lines, in the trenches, or face-to-face with enemies of our nation and who received less than a handshake for their sacrifices.  Let those receive recognition first!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Rubio says he picked up over 13,000 new followers on #twitter since last night so he's
going to start drinking water in the middle of all of my speeches!
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

;D ;D ;D ;D To all teachers! Forget even trying to teach proper grammar...It's a lost cause. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Check out that photo caption. Is nothing worth a little effort any longer?

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 15, 2013, 09:00:00 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D To all teachers! Forget even trying to teach proper grammar...It's a lost cause. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Check out that photo caption. Is nothing worth a little effort any longer?

Then again, perhaps the editor/author is going to be giving speeches, and Mr. Rubio is a friend who intends to drink water as the editor/author speaks.  LOL

And we don't have an education problem?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

That writer has an education problem, not everyone does.

Warph

As Valentine's Day came and went, it's important to be reminded that the special day, like everything else in Western Civilization, was originally invented by Muslims.  And there are few places in the world as romantic as Turkey, where this love story for the ages takes place.

You might be tempted to confuse this tale with Romeo and Juliet. And it is a lot like Romeo and Juliet, or it would be if Juliet's father had traded her for a cow.

Our tale begins in the village of Korkut in the District of Gümüşhacıköy, which is in the Amasya Province of Turkey. Korkut has drinking water, a post office and a midwife, and apparently not much else.

Ali. O, like so many enterprising Korkunians, one afternoon during the Muslim commemoration of Ramadan, decided to make the deal of a lifetime with the stepson of his brother. The stepson would get his daughter and Ali would get a cow. The stepson delivered the cow and now it was time for the next part of the deal.

"I promised, I took the cow. Now you have to get married," Ali O. told his daughter Guller O.

Like all romantic heroines, Guller did not want to be traded for a cow and fled to her aunt's house in Ankara, where Ali began making threatening phone calls to her insisting that she go through with the wedding. The case came to court and Ali O. claims that he was slandered, that he did not sell his daughter for a cow, but that the cow just happened to be on his premises, and that he was doing his daughter a favor by marrying her off because she's retarded.

The family court has ordered Ali O. to undergo mental health treatment and to stop calling his daughter. If he refuses then he will have to serve 3-10 days in jail. The fate of the cow remains unknown.

In entirely unrelated news, Turkey's murder rate of women has increased 1400% and 41.9% of Turkish women experience violence and sexual abuse.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=women-murder-victims-increase-snowballing-in-turkey-2011-02-20
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

Warph

From Citizens for Tax Justice:
Earlier this month, the Facebook Inc. released its first "10-K" annual financial report since going public last year. Hidden in the report's footnotes is an amazing admission: despite $1.1 billion in U.S. profits in 2012, Facebook did not pay even a dime in federal and state income taxes.

Instead, Facebook says it will receive net tax refunds totaling $429 million. Facebook's income tax refunds stem from the company's use of a single tax break, the tax deductibility of executive stock options. That tax break reduced Facebook's federal and state income taxes by $1,033 million in 2012, including refunds of earlier years' taxes of $451 million.

But that's not all of the stock-option tax breaks that Facebook generated from its initial public offering of stock (IPO). Facebook is also carrying forward another $2.17 billion in additional tax-option tax breaks for use in future years.

So in total Facebook's current and future tax reductions from the stock options exercised in connection with its IPO will total $3.2 billion.

....Also check:  http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-02-15/facebook-gets-a-multi-billion-dollar-tax-break
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk