This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Quote from: Patriot on February 06, 2013, 03:43:39 PM
Yet we, the unreal, have been accused of being mean, of ruining a 'real' county, of demeaning 'real' teachers, of dissing 'real' community leaders, and more.  I guess ghosts are more real than we thought.  LOL

The Brit's have heard you loud and clear, Patriot... just got this letter from the Parliament Minister of Mis-Information at Westminster:

NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE

To the citizens of the United States of America,

In the light of your failure to elect a competent President of the USA in Barack Insane-Hussein Obuma and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today, February 6, 2013.  Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories.  Except Chicago, which she does not fancy.  Your new prime minister (The Right Honourable David Cameron, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint new Minister, Piers Morgan, for America without the need for further elections.  Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.

A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary.  Then look up "aluminium."  Check the pronunciation guide.  You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.  The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'favour' and 'neighbour', skipping the letter 'U' is nothing more than laziness on your part.  Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters.  You will end your love affair with the letter 'Z' (pronounced 'zed' not 'zee') and the suffix "ize" will be replaced by the suffix "ise". You will learn that the suffix 'burgh is pronounced 'burra' e.g. Edinburgh.  You are welcome to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you can't cope with correct pronunciation.  Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels.  Look up "vocabulary."  Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication.  Look up "interspersed". There will be no more 'bleeps' in the Jerry Springer show.  If you're not old enough to cope with bad language then you shouldn't have chat shows.  When you learn to develop your vocabulary then you won't have to use bad language as often.

2. There is no such thing as "US English."  We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.  The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of "-ize."

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian accents.  It really isn't that hard.  English accents are not limited to Cockney, upper-class twit or Mancunian (Daphne in out-dated show "Frasier").  You will also have to learn how to understand regional accents - Scottish dramas such as "Taggart" will no longer be broadcast with subtitles.  While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England.  The name of the county is "Devon."  If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys.  Hollywood will be required to cast English actors to play English characters.  British sit-coms such as "Men Behaving Badly" or "Red Dwarf" will not be re-cast and watered down for a wishy-washy American audience who can't cope with the humour of occasional political incorrectness.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen," but only after fully carrying out task 1.  We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American "football".  There is only one kind of football.  What you refer to as American "football" is not a very good game.  The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays "American" football.  You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.  Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game.  Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies).  We are hoping to get together at least a US rugby sevens side by 2015.  You should stop playing baseball.  It is not reasonable to host an event called the 'World Series' for a game which is not played outside of America.  Since only 2.15% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. Instead of baseball, you will be allowed to play a girls' game called "Rounders" which is baseball without fancy team strip, oversized gloves, collector cards or hotdogs.

7. You should declare war on Quebec and France, using nuclear weapons if they give you any merde (that is sh!t in your American slang).  The 97.85% of you who were not aware that there is a world outside your borders should count yourselves lucky.  The Russians have never been the bad guys.  You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns.  You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler.  Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.  New Minister Piers Morgan will bring you up-to-date on this matter.

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday.  March 1st. will be a new national holiday, but only in England.  It will be called "Indecisive Day".

9. All American cars are hereby banned.  They are crap and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.  All road intersections will be replaced with roundabouts.  You will start driving on the left with immediate effect.  At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables.  Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

10. You will learn to make real chips.  Those things you call French fries are not real chips.  Fries aren't even French, they are Belgian though 97.85% of you (including the guy who discovered fries while in Europe) are not aware of a country called Belgium.  Those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called "crisps".  Real chips are thick cut and fried in animal fat.  The traditional accompaniment to chips is beer which should be served warm and flat.  Waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.

11. As a sign of penance 5 grams of sea salt per cup will be added to all tea made within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this quantity to be doubled for tea made within the city of Boston itself.

12. The cold tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all, it is lager.  From March 1st only proper British Bitter will be referred to as "beer", and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as "Lager".  The substances formerly known as "American Beer" will henceforth be refered to as "Near-Frozen Knat's Urine", with the exception of the product of the American Budweiser company whose product will be referred to as "Weak Near-Frozen Knat's Urine".  This will allow true Budweiser (as manufactured for the last 1000 years in Pilsen, Czech Republic) to be sold without risk of confusion.

13. From March 1st the UK will harmonise petrol (or "Gasoline" as you will be permitted to keep calling it until June 1st 2013) prices with the former USA.  The UK will harmonise its prices to those of the former USA and the Former USA will, in return, adopt UK petrol prices (roughly $7/US a gallon... get used to it).

14. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists.  The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent.  Guns should only be handled by adults.  If you're not adult enough to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.

15. Please tell us who killed JFK.  It's been driving us crazy.

Tax collectors from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all revenues due (backdated to 1776).

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Right Honourable Alquisha Summerset-Wigglebutt
Minister Of Mis-Information
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Love it. That is so funny...thanks!

jarhead

Hypocrite ? You make the call.

Ron Paul turns to UN agency for help in fight over namesake website
Published February 11, 2013

FoxNew

Libertarian folk hero and retired Rep. Ron Paul is fighting to take the domain name RonPaul.com from a legion of loyal supporters. And he's turning to an unlikely source for help, filing a complaint with an agency of the United Nations -- a body he's criticized for years

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/ron-paul-files-suit-for-domain-name-leaving-supporters-bummed-but-fighting/#ixzz2KdF8vn3A

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/ron-paul-files-suit-for-domain-name-leaving-supporters-bummed-but-fighting/#ixzz2KdF21jDF

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on February 11, 2013, 04:26:28 PM
Hypocrite ? You make the call.

Ron Paul turns to UN agency for help in fight over namesake website
Published February 11, 2013

FoxNew

Libertarian folk hero and retired Rep. Ron Paul is fighting to take the domain name RonPaul.com from a legion of loyal supporters. And he's turning to an unlikely source for help, filing a complaint with an agency of the United Nations -- a body he's criticized for years

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/ron-paul-files-suit-for-domain-name-leaving-supporters-bummed-but-fighting/#ixzz2KdF8vn3A

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/11/ron-paul-files-suit-for-domain-name-leaving-supporters-bummed-but-fighting/#ixzz2KdF21jDF

"You're a strange dude, Ron Paul.  Maybe my wife Michelle can help you out." 
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

No one can coast along on past accomplishments forever.  Success demands that you keep producing.  Remaining at the top means making yourself indispensible.

When the USA was a manufacturing giant, it was needed on the world scene to supply the very best in steel, coal,copper, automobiles, lumber, home goods ,furniture,tobacco, farm equipment, food and more.  The USA produced it, grew it, exported it and made  jobs and money from it.

Prior administrations both Republican and Democrat encouraged manufacturing to leave and outsource.  Draconian laws closed down mining and made manufacturing too expensive to continue in the USA.  The ugly NAFTA agreement was like nails in a coffin for American superiority in manufacturing and sales.

Other nations, not blinded by their own wealth and self satisfaction, picked up on it and ran with the ball, eager to manufacturer and produce and become necessary to the world's economy. 

The cold war was all about world dominance and as long as the US provided much needed products on the world scene, she was the leader.

It used to be a joke to say something was 'made in Japan' or 'made in China' because the goods were simply cheap and inferior.
Now today the USA owes Communist nations over $1,696,691,000,000 in borrowed money and the borrower is slave to the lender as Shakespeare reminded us.

$1,171,100,000,000 is owed to China alone.

Debt has increased, according to an article by Terrance Jeffrey of CNS news by 257% under Barack Obama.

How can you be a world leader if the world doesn't really need you?
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

You need to hear this:
..Dr Benjamin Carson's Amazing Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast with Obama.  Watch Obama Squirm.

--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Warph,
Did I ever tell you that I have ESPN ? That's right buddy---I can read peoples minds. Obummer is sitting there thinking, "How can I call  a drone strike in on Dr Carson without me being collateral damage---if only MeeShall was sitting between me and the Doc, she would take the brunt of the shrapnel and I would risk it"
I aint shit'n you buddy---that's what he was think'n.

Diane Amberg

ESPN? People with that can usually only read minds about sports scores,right? You are very funny! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Warph

Quote from: jarhead on February 12, 2013, 10:36:04 AM
Warph,
Did I ever tell you that I have ESPN ? That's right buddy---I can read peoples minds. Obummer is sitting there thinking, "How can I call  a drone strike in on Dr Carson without me being collateral damage---if only MeeShall was sitting between me and the Doc, she would take the brunt of the shrapnel and I would risk it"
I aint shit'n you buddy---that's what he was think'n.

Dr. Carson's Refreshing Jolt of Good Societal Medicine

By David Limbaugh
2/12/2013

President Obama must have been stunned at the "audacity" of Dr. Benjamin Carson in challenging his core assumptions right to his face in front of thousands of people at the National Prayer Breakfast.
Obama is not used to being challenged, especially in public, even if indirectly and without being specifically named. From the look on his face, it was obvious Obama was none too pleased with Carson's message or with his "presumptuousness" in presenting it in that forum, while he had to sit still and -- remain silent.

I think we can best understand Carson's message in light of his opening statements, which laid the foundation for the thematic body of this speech.

He began citing scriptural passages that he said would put his upcoming remarks into context. Three of the passages were wisdom sayings from the book of Proverbs, admonishing that the godless destroy their neighbor with their mouths, that a man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor and that a generous man will prosper.

The final passage was God's promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that if his people will humble themselves and pray and seek his face and turn from their wicked ways, he will hear them, forgive their sins and heal their land.

Carson also decried the chilling effect of political correctness that makes people afraid to express certain opinions on important issues, lest they incur the wrath of society's thought and speech police -- those who presume to be the guardians of all moral and acceptable opinions. He then proceeded to boldly articulate a number of ideas that clearly fall in this category of disfavored speech.

Specifically, Carson offered a ringing endorsement of America's founding principles and its unique constitutional liberties. He decried the moral decay in our society and our government's grotesque fiscal irresponsibility.

He took aim on our ever-expanding welfare state, not only by championing hard work, self-reliance and personal responsibility but also in invoking his own personal experience as an example.

He related how his mother worked multiple jobs to provide for him and his brother and imparted critically important values to them. She made them read and improve themselves and absolutely refused to let them make excuses and claim victimhood for their plight.

Carson, I believe, was illustrating that we have a moral problem in this nation and that the instilling of good values begins in the home and is neither the responsibility nor the prerogative of a caretaker government.

He denounced the practice -- refined to an art form by President Obama -- of politicians employing class warfare to deride the wealthy with accusations that they don't contribute enough while treating the less fortunate as helpless and expecting no contribution from them at all. This, I think, is where he was dovetailing the scriptural texts warning against deriding one's neighbor. He was saying, in effect, that political demagogues who pit people against one another on the basis of income and wealth harm society, including the very people they pretend to help.

In a television interview, Carson expanded on some of these thoughts, explaining that the Founding Fathers were afraid of an out-of-control government that would "get to the point where it couldn't subsist without taking everything from the people." Next, he linked, though not expressly, the scriptural passage on generosity in challenging today's conventional wisdom that the wealthy are necessarily greedy. He pointed to the remarkable generosity of some of America's historically wealthiest individuals. America, he said, "has always been a very generous nation. Look at all the foundations that have been created for the purpose of taking care of people."

He also expounded on his comments on political correctness, apparently criticizing the president's selective assault on religious liberty. He said, "If the president would exercise anywhere near the sensitivity about religious freedom in this country as he does about Islam and offending them, we wouldn't even have these kinds of problems."

There is also no question in my mind that in citing the passage from 2 Chronicles, Carson was expressing his view that America has strayed from its godly roots and replaced God's absolute moral standards with those that seem right to a man but are wholly destructive of our moral fabric. We must turn back to God, reject this man-made ethic grounded in covetousness, envy and greed, and recommit ourselves to godly values and right living.

In his speech, Carson did not criticize President Obama by name, but he roundly condemned his philosophy of and approach to governance. He did so with abundant forcefulness but equally strong respectfulness.

It was an admirable display of forthrightness and courage and a virtual seminar in how President Obama's political opponents should boldly, directly and publicly dispute his wrongheaded message and block his destructive agenda.

http://townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/2013/02/12/dr-carsons-refreshing-jolt-of-good-societal-medicine-n1510008
--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

So now you can sit on your ass in Colorado and fly a drone with your joy stick and get a medal that is higher than a Bronze star w/V and a Purple Heart earned in combat.
Un- freaking- believable !!!

VFW slams Pentagon's drone medal, complains it would outrank Purple Heart
By Barnini Chakraborty

Published February 14, 2013

FoxNews.com

WASHINGTON – America's largest combat veterans group is worried the creation of a new medal for drone strikes and cyber-warfare could bestow higher honor on those using a joystick to kill terrorists than soldiers wounded on the battlefield.

The Distinguished Warfare Medal, announced Wednesday, would rank higher than the Bronze Star and Purple Heart, which is given to service members killed or wounded in battle. The new medal would rank immediately below the Distinguished Flying Cross.

But to some, like the Veterans of Foreign Wars, creating a non-combat medal is turning into a major Pentagon misfire.

"It's a boneheaded decision," VFW spokesman Joe Davis told FoxNews.com. "This is going to affect morale and it's sending troops in the field a horrible message."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/14/medal-misfire-pentagon-new-off-site-medal/#ixzz2KvtDyT1F

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk