This and That...

Started by Warph, September 04, 2012, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Elk

Quote from: Warph on September 28, 2012, 02:49:48 AM
Holy Moly Batman . . .

. . . Crop Circles!!!

Experts say that some of them are man made but there are more that cannot be
explained because they are far too intricate  to appear over night as they do and
the grass is found twisted and braided into designs.  This would take a person weeks to do.

Crop circles appear all over the world but Britain seems to have a lot of them and now
Germany has become host to some that mimic the designs seen in England.

You can read about them... if your german is any good... at www.kornkreise-forschung.de.

Crop circles have appeared far back in history but they are increasing today. There is a virtual
explosion of  them in Germany and Poland is also seeing them now.

What do you think these are and how are they created in an 8 0r 9 hour period?

This photo shows the  layering of the wheat:

...and my favorite crop circle of all:

Warph good segue. I commented on Buckwheat. You posted something on crop circles in wheat fields. Buckwheat was the last on your previous post, so I will go along with you on your crop circle post and comment on your favorite crop circle picture. Crop circles made me think of space. The last picture made me think of black holes.

Black Holes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Warph

Black holes... interesting.  I understand that black holes basically evaporate over time and once they run out of matter to "eat" they begin to lose mass and decay eventually evaporating into nothing.  Its suspected that in the time of heat death of the universe, very large black holes will be the last things left even after every star has disappeared... and even these too will eventually evaporate away.

I have read that there are many different types of black holes that science knows of today.  For instance:

"Meet the new record-holder for the LARGEST BLACK HOLE IN THE UNIVERSE (so far) in this EXPANDED and UPDATED version (in 1080p) of our most popular Cosmic Journeys episode."

....and Slappy's good buddy, Jerome:

...and then there is this huge black hole that we are probably more familiar with today:

When it comes to black holes, I ... uh...  damn... where'd my coke go?  Anyone seen my coke?[/font][/size]

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

So we have one more story linked to the Michele Obama enforced-famine program.

New federal guidelines stemming from fat butt Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" campaign have resulted in limits on protein and bread, and an increase in vegetables and fruits.  The changes have also come at an increased cost.

Students at Parsippany Hills High School held a strategy session on Thursday to discuss a potential lunch strike, on Friday, over what they have called inadequately sized meals.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/27/n-j-high-school-students-planning-cafeteria-boycott-to-protest-obama-guidelines/

"This year you're eating lunch and you're like 'Did I even eat?'  You're not even full," senior Brandon Faris told NY's CBS 5.

"If somebody's obese why should someone like me who's not obese have to suffer, and eat a small meal when I'd rather have a bigger meal?" he said.

Well Brandon, because an obese person didn't build all that blubber.  Government helped.  And so government has to take responsibility by making everyone suffer.  It's only fair.

For example, why should only some people be singled out for chemotherapy?  Because they have so-called cancer?  That's diseasism.  The Obama administration wants you to know that both chemotherapy and radiation will be dispersed among citizens equally.  All must share the burden of hair loss, nausea, and anemia.  For which you will then be taxed so the government can provide medical benefits.  It's the circle of life.

Our local food critic on channel 3 Phoenix, tried to speak with some of the Parsippany students, but most were too weak to work a cellphone, and one had become so osteoporotically thin that she actually passed into another space/time dimension, where she is now being spoon fed by a spirit demon named Cecil.

Please note that I will be following this story as news continues to break from schools around the nation.  The Great Obama Purge Scourge shall not go unreported!  Unless I've got a golf game to go to or something!

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Has anyone on the right really looked at Romney's agenda?  It should look very familiar because it's the same one that Reagan offered in 1980. Cut taxes, cut the budget, strong defense, deregulation - I can hear Reagan talking about it now.  Romney has dressed up this 30 year old agenda but it still sounds old and tired.  New realities demand new answers and the GOP isn't supplying any.

Neither candidate will realize a landslide unless a monumental gaffe occurs in one of the debates.  Both men are pretty good on their feet so that doesn't appear likely at this point.  A larger possibility is that the big bad world outside intervenes to flip the election.  Which candidate would benefit if Israel attacked Iran or attacks on our embassies worsen, or the euro falls is unknown, but a potential game changer from abroad cannot be ruled out.  President Obama is ahead, unfortunately and Romney is running out of time.  That's where the race is as I see it closing in on 40 days to go.
--Roger Peters, (AP)

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows President Obama attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns the vote from 46%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.
--Warph

-- Warph

jarhead

Damn, now this is a new one I had never heard of. So if a feller gets stopped for weaving all over the road and the cop asks if he's been drinking and the dude answers,
"No sir, I aint been drinking but my butt has ". Does this allow the guy to go on home but his butt is in deep doo-doo ?
So many questions but few answers-----Patriot, ol buddy and knowledgeable one, on all / most  matters, please give me your insight on this disturbing new college trend. Is it also true this practice started at UD back in the 60's or is that just a rumor ?

Alcohol enema case at Tenn. school gives parents, administrators new fear
Published September 29, 2012

Associated Press

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Before an unruly Tennessee party ended with a student hospitalized for a dangerously high blood alcohol level, most people had probably never heard of alcohol enemas.

Thanks to the drunken exploits of a fraternity at the University of Tennessee, the bizarre way of getting drunk is giving parents, administrators and health care workers a new fear.

When Alexander "Xander" Broughton, 20, was delivered to the hospital after midnight on Sept. 22, his blood alcohol level was measured at 0.448 percent -- nearly six times the intoxication that defines drunken driving in the state. Injuries to his rectum led hospital officials to fear he had been sodomized.

Police documents show that when an officer interviewed a fellow fraternity member about what happened, the student said the injuries had been caused by an alcohol enema.

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on September 30, 2012, 08:38:38 AM
Patriot, ol buddy and knowledgeable one, on all / most  matters, please give me your insight on this disturbing new college trend. Is it also true this practice started at UD back in the 60's or is that just a rumor ?

Well, smart a$$, my first thought is that you need a coupon & an equipment run to Batsons Drug Store to pick up some rubberware because you've obviously fallen behind in the science & technology of booze consumption.  As for the technique originating at UD?  Ask Joe Biden... or Diane as she's the resident expert..................... on things that have spewed forth from UD & the cradle of American civilization (Delaware).

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

When it comes to current UD students ,I'd believe anything.  The guy's drunk butt would still lead to an elevated blood level, so he wouldn't get off.
   ETOH enemas can be fatal. Jello shots are safer and rather pretty when lit.
  Back in the day there was very little drinking on campus, some at the fraternity houses. Most was up Creek Road several miles off campus, back in the woods near White Clay Creek. Mary Jane was common and so was LSD, smack, tar, and a few others made into decks. The stuff today is much stronger. By the way, you spelled cradle wrong. :police:

jarhead

If you don't succeed the first time---or second time, try, try again. Hell, what's $802,000,000 of tax payers money ? Just a drop in the ol bucket !!!

Solar power company banks on loan, but skeptics question government investment in industry
By Dan Springer

Published September 30, 2012

FoxNews.com

The federal government is making another big bet on solar panel manufacturing with taxpayer money, hoping the third time will be the charm.

SoloPower held its grand opening Thursday in Portland, Ore., with speeches from local politicians and a ribbon-cutting. "It really revolutionizes rooftop applications, and it makes solar both easy and cost effective for nearly any commercial and industrial building worldwide," CEO Tim Harris said.

SoloPower closed on a guaranteed government loan of $197 million last August, about the time another solar panel manufacturer, Solyndra, filed for bankruptcy. The failure of Solyndra cost U.S. taxpayers more than a half-billion dollars.

The second solar panel maker that received a loan from the Department of Energy, Abound, is also now in bankruptcy. Based in Longmont, Colo., Abound spent $70 million of its green energy loan and next week will auction off its equipment in hopes of paying some of that back.

Industry analysts are not optimistic about SoloPower's prospects.

"It's questionable at this point," says Andrew Soare of Lux Research, "It's uncertain if solar power will be able to produce efficiently and economically at scale. It's something that has not been done yet, and it's still risky."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/30/solar-power-company-banks-on-loan-but-skeptics-question-federal-investment-in/?test=latestnews#ixzz27ywB4Xqm

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 30, 2012, 01:04:34 PM
By the way, you spelled cradle wrong. :police:

Did not.

See jarhead.... told ya she was the ex-spurt in Delaware deviance.  More useless data in there than there was flammable gas in the Hindenburg.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

jarhead

Quote from Diane:
Jello shots are safer and rather pretty when lit.

. By the way, you spelled cradle wrong.

By the way, you spelled Jell-O wrong  :police:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk