Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

New York Post Honors Iranian Dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

...in its own special New York way...

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

New Ad Attacks Obama For "Sitting With Iran" at the UN (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

On Monday Israeli envoy to the United Nations Ron Prosor walked out of Ahmadinejad's address to UN General Assembly.
The Obama Administration officials stayed to listen to the crazy man.

A new ad by Let Freedom Ring attacks the Obama Administration for sitting with Ahmadinejad at the United Nations.

The 30-second ad is part of a $7 million online advertising campaign set to launch in the key swing states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. It says:

"Iranian President Ahmadinejad speaking (on screen: "Defiant Ahmadinejad says Israel will be 'eliminated'"-Reuters)

"Visual of the empty seats for Israel's delegates (on screen: "Attack by Iran's Ahmadinejad sparks Israel walkout"-Associated Press)

"Ahmadinejad speaking (on screen: "The U.S. delegation did not walk out of Monday's meeting"-Associated Press)

"Visual of US Delegation still sitting there (on screen: "The U.S. delegation did not walk out of Monday's meeting, as it has in the past when Iran attacked Israel directly"-Associated Press)

"President Obama, Why did your Administration sit with Iran rather than stand with Israel?

"Why Mr. President, Why?"[/font][/size][/b]
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Today Hillary Clinton finally told us something we already knew.
It was an al-Qaeda attack on our consulate on 9-11.

The New York Times reported:

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday suggested there was a link between the Qaeda franchise in North Africa and the attack at the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed the American ambassador and three others. She was the highest-ranking Obama administration official to publicly make the connection, and her comments intensified what is becoming a fiercely partisan fight over whether the attack could have been prevented.

Mrs. Clinton did not offer any new evidence of a Qaeda link, and officials later said the question would be officially settled only after the F.B.I. completed a criminal inquiry, which could take months. But they said they had not ruled out the involvement of Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb — an affiliate of the international terrorist group with origins in Algeria — in an attack the administration initially described as a spontaneous protest turned violent.

Her remarks added to the administration's evolving and at times muddled explanation of what happened on the evening of Sept. 11 and into the next morning. Republicans in Congress have accused President Obama of playing down possible terrorist involvement in the midst of a re-election campaign in which killing Osama bin Laden and crippling Al Qaeda are cited as major achievements.

Of course, the liberal media will totally disregard the fact that the Obama Administration lied to the American public for a week after the terrorist attack.

It doesn't fit their agenda.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

Don't want either Romney or Obama?  Well guess what?  There are nine more candidates to reject.
You know, we've become so accustomed to thinking in terms of two parties that giving serious consideration to a third-party candidate is tantamount to moving to Fuji and being done with it.  But I say a principled vote for a candidate who will most certainly lose is better than a reflexive vote for a loser.

None of the candidates listed below may represent principles you'd necessarily want to be associated with.  Or the candidates themselves may... just may.... creep you out.  Nevertheless, Mental Floss brought them to my attention.  And you should floss daily. (Please note that these candidates are not on the ballot in every state... but you knew that, right?):

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/143107

1. Jeff Boss. (Conspiracy nut job)
http://www.jeffbossforpresident.org/
Thinks the NSA engineered 9/11.  The idea that any agency of the federal government could have pulled off such an operation is ludicrous on its face.  None of the planes would have gotten off the ground, or they would have ended up flying into the Eiffel Tower.

2. Jill Reed.
http://trackjill.com/
Here's her motto: "Bootstraps, Grassroots and a Suitcase: They've Got Millions of Dollars, But I've Got Millions of You."  And I've got a bridge to sell to you, Jill.

3. Jerry Litzel.
http://amestrib.com/sections/news/iowa/ames-man-gets-his-name-ballot.html#small
I am fascinated by monomaniacs.  So, if you put a gun to my head, and I absolutely positively had to vote for one of these folks, I guess it would be Jerry.  You see, he collects presidential memorabilia.  And he's running for office so his own crap paraphernalia can become part of his own collection.  Neat, huh?  He's "very conservative," which can mean a lot of things.  Some good.  Some scary.  All depends on what you want to conserve.  I mean, other than his stuff.

4. Temperance Lancecouncil. (Oh... like your name is so hot.)
http://votesmart.org/public-statement/2998/the-anti-hypocrisy-mission-statement#.UGOJt44z0Tx
Allow me to cut and paste directly from Temperance's own Mission Statement: "WHO THE HECK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE and WHY IS ONE OF THEIR PRIMARY GOALS IN THIS WALK OF LIFE TO BELITTLE, DESTROY, PUMMEL, MOCK, BERATE and HUMILIATE OTHER HUMANS, WHEN THEY THEMSELVES KNOW IN THEIR HEART'S, THAT THEIR HEART'S ARE MADE OF SLUSHY HYPOCRISY?"
Okay... who are "they?"  Why, the hypocrites.  And Temperance is of the anti-hypocrisy party.  I, however, believe that hypocrisy is the tribute vice pays to virtue, as Oscar Wilde or Edmund Burke said.  I say, take the tribute where you can.

5. Terry Jones.
http://www.terryjones2012.com/
Yes, that Terry Jones.  The Baptist preacher who believes burning the Koran is the best way to promote the Gospel.  He is available on no ballots in no states.  He's pro-hemp.  He's anti-sanity.

6. Randall Terry.
http://www.terryforpresident.com/
The pro-life activist who's also enjoyed a very  interesting" personal life, and I'm using "interesting" as in the Chinese proverb "May you live in interesting times."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Terry

7. Samm Tittle.
http://www.madamepresident2012.com/
She's one of us.  Well, you. maybe.  From her "Letter to America": 'Dear America, Because I love you so much and you are a People, a Belief, a Constitution and a Realization of a free and liberated way of living, consider this your personal letter to you, each and every one of you; so that you can understand how I made the choice that is right for America.  For this Country America, that we both love so much must have someone who is not afraid of the masses in detail, that will Stand up for America. I accept the nomination for the Presidency of the United States of America. I accept the nomination for the Presidency of the United States of America.'
Now who can argue with that?

8. Dean Morstad.
http://morstadforpresident.com/index.php/about/
Actually seems normal. Rather dull, but normal.  But I may be mistaken.  So if it turns out he eats Irish babies, I don't want to hear about it.

9. Jack Fellure.
http://swordof1611.webs.com/jackfellure2012.htm
Normally, the Prohibition Party candidate would be my guy.  But Fellure seems to have a Two Kingdoms problem.  As in, he doesn't recognize them: "My Presidential Campaign Platform is the Authorized 1611 King James Bible. God Almighty wrote that Book as the supreme constitution and absolute authority in the affairs of all men for all time and eternity. It shall never be necessary to change it. Quality leather bound copies of this Bible have been sent to the Presidential Office, the Supreme Court, the Senate, the House of Representatives, the National Republican Party, the National Democratic Party, and the Federal Election Commission."
Okay... so long as they're "quality" leather.

10. Buckwheat
I'm 84% certain that Buckwheat is not running for president.

Oh well, I still say, demon rum.... it's 'what's for sinners.'

--Warph

-- Warph

Fire Elk

1983  Buckwheat for President Pin
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1983-our-gang-buckwheat-for-president-pinback

I think ole "Buck" is now a follower of Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam church. I think you can find him
running for President under his new name:

Kareem of Wheat or maybe Buck X.
KEEP THE BATTLEFRONT CLEAR PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

Warph

Holy Moly Batman . . .

. . . Crop Circles!!!

Experts say that some of them are man made but there are more that cannot be
explained because they are far too intricate  to appear over night as they do and
the grass is found twisted and braided into designs.  This would take a person weeks to do.

Crop circles appear all over the world but Britain seems to have a lot of them and now
Germany has become host to some that mimic the designs seen in England.

You can read about them... if your german is any good... at www.kornkreise-forschung.de.

Crop circles have appeared far back in history but they are increasing today. There is a virtual
explosion of  them in Germany and Poland is also seeing them now.

What do you think these are and how are they created in an 8 0r 9 hour period?

This photo shows the  layering of the wheat:

...and my favorite crop circle of all:

--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

I'm going to get swatted for this, but since we get PA advertizements ,I just have to comment.
Reply Number 81, about the US delegation not walking out on that nut case Ahmadinejad?   It's true, they didn't walk out, because they weren't there in the first place. Their seats were already empty.That was a total fabrication. I hate that kind of politics, from either side!

jarhead

Read the last line but what would a AP writer know ?
Iran leader's U.N. speech sparks Israel walkout
Iran's president called Israel a nuclear-armed "fake regime" shielded by the United States, prompting Israel's U.N. ambassador to walk out of a high-level U.N. meeting Monday promoting the rule of law.

By EDITH M. LEDERER

Associated Press

Iran's president called Israel a nuclear-armed "fake regime" shielded by the United States, prompting Israel's U.N. ambassador to walk out of a high-level U.N. meeting Monday promoting the rule of law.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also accused the U.S. and others of misusing freedom of speech and failing to speak out against the defamation of people's beliefs and "divine prophets," an apparent reference to the recently circulated amateur video made in the U.S. which attacks Islam and denigrates the Prophet Muhammad.

The Iranian leader, who has called for Israel's destruction, used his speech to denounce Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory and U.S. vetoes in the U.N. Security Council to back its ally. He urged all nations to "hold occupiers accountable and make efforts to return the occupied territories to their rightful owners."

Ahmadinejad blamed the "discriminatory" veto power of the U.S., China, Russia, Britain and France for the Security Council's failure to ensure peace in the world, and he called for a change in the rules "in favor of nations with due regard to justice."

As Ahmadinejad addressed leaders and ministers from more than 100 countries, Israel's U.N. Ambassador Ron Prosor walked out of the General Assembly hall.

"Ahmadinejad showed again that he not only threatens the future of the Jewish people, he seeks to erase our past," Prosor said in a statement.

"Three thousand years of Jewish history illustrate the clear danger of ignoring fanatics like Iran's President, especially as he inches closer to acquiring nuclear weapons," he said. "Those who ignore his hateful words today, will bear responsibility for his deeds tomorrow."

Israel views a nuclear-armed Iran as an existential threat, but Iran insists its nuclear program is purely peaceful and aimed solely at producing nuclear energy. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu believes Tehran is moving closer to producing a nuclear weapon and has been pushing the United States to set "red lines" which, if crossed, might lead to American military action. President Barack Obama has refused to set any "red lines."

The U.S. delegation did not walk out of Monday's meeting, as it has in the past when Iran attacked Israel directly.

This is who really walked out.

US envoy to UN skips Netanyahu speech to have lunch
Published: 28

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the United Nations General Assembly this week, but don't ask around Washington if you want to hear the highlights: the US ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, skipped the Thursday afternoon speech.

Not only did Rice walk out of the General Assembly before Prime Minister Netanyahu gave a speech amid worsening tensions between the US and Israel, but her behavior fell perfectly in line with the attitude of the rest of the Obama administration as of late. US President Barack Obama had earlier refused a private meeting with the prime minister, and although he asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to listen in on Thursday's address on behalf of the White House, neither Mrs. Clinton nor Ambassador Rice was in attendance.

Warph

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 28, 2012, 09:10:36 AM
I'm going to get swatted for this, but since we get PA advertizements ,I just have to comment.
Reply Number 81, about the US delegation not walking out on that nut case Ahmadinejad?   It's true, they didn't walk out, because they weren't there in the first place. Their seats were already empty.That was a total fabrication. I hate that kind of politics, from either side!

This is called 'spiltting hairs"... Okay.... here is the skinny on that: Monday, 9/24/12

Israel Walks Out, While U.S. Stays to Listen to Iran's Ahmadinejad

Sep 24, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/israel-walks-out-while-us-stays-listen-irans-ahmadinejad_653025.html

While Iran president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at the United Nations, "Israel's U.N. Ambassador Ron Prosor walked out of the General Assembly hall," according to the Associated Press.

The American delegation, however, remained in the hall to listen to Ahmadinejad. "The U.S. delegation did not walk out of Monday's meeting, as it has in the past when Iran attacked Israel directly," reports the AP.

...now Thursday, 9/27/12:

Ahmadinejad tells U.N. that Iran is threatened
By David Ariosto, CNN
September 27, 2012

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/26/world/new-york-unga/index.html#cnn-disqus-area

Quote from article: "However, the seats set aside for the U.S. delegation were empty as he spoke. The Canadian delegation also did not attend the speech, and Israel's representatives were absent in observance of Yom Kippur."

Take your pick.
--Warph

-- Warph

Diane Amberg

Jar, and Warph, that was my whole point! Thank you Warph.
  AP and similar get accused of being far left leaning no matter what they report. Fox and others get accused of being far right leaning. So what "truth" does one believe? I heard both. The photos of them " listening" was to a different speaker. So what really are the facts? In the over all importance of things it's not a big deal, but it is worrisome to some of us who get really tired of the manipulation. That's a bit more than splitting hairs to me. They either were there or they were not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk