Property tax relief is coming to Elk County...

Started by Patriot, February 29, 2012, 10:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: ELK@KC on March 01, 2012, 07:40:01 PM
Wilma you are right on. I know the families of all 3 commissioners and all 3 commissioners are fine hardworking young people. Most of the people I have talked to in Elk County think they are doing a fine job. In addition they think that Elk Konnect is a good organization for Elk County, they like the programs that EK does for the young and old alike. I say to the Commissioners KEEP ON KEEPING ON and ignore the the negative trash that people are making up.

Lest you forget Elk KOnnected, LLC is a privately owned company that runs around begging for money, taxpayers money.
They go to the County Commissioners and ask for money and they are asking their own members to vote to give them money?
Good job, huh.

They do the samething with the School District where they have their members on the the School Board?
Just amazing isn't it. Perhaps that is where you need to direct your vile remarks.

Now that is just vile calling people trash.
Especially when you don't know them.
But that is typical of Elk Konnected followers. decide to
If people question Elk Konnected, LLC's  motives, put them down,
That appears to be the Elk Konnected, LLC way.

I suppose you agree with Elk Konnected County Commissioners and I have to quote because I wasn't at the meeting.
Quote from: Patriot on February 29, 2012, 10:32:26 PM
Heck, Ms Hendricks even suggested (at the last commission meeting) that most of Elk County is blighted any way.

So do you agree with suggestion by Elk Konnected, LLC?

I totally disagree. This is a beautiful county, beautiful drives anywhere you go in Elk County. With the exception of the old high school in Howard.

I have taken pictures of old houses and buildings that are leaning over so far it's amazing they are still standing. I don't find them to be a blight but artistic. There is one I believe on Road #2 south of 160 that s just amazing. The drive from Moline to Sedan is a very beautiful drive as well.

So why is Elk konnected working so hard tocsuggest the county is a blight?

And why is a privately owned company trying to control the county?

Isn't that what people across the US are upset about. Corporate America controlling our Federal Government?

Think about it, for all of a minute if you will.

srkruzich

NOTICE that The commissioners are saying that the county is blighted.  Persuant to the supreme court ruling Kelo v. City of New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005)  should the county residents brace for the inevitable siezure and forfieture of prime properties that are inevitable when the commissioners find a corporation that is willing to move in? 

It sounds to me a statement of future intent!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on March 01, 2012, 09:13:55 PM
NOTICE that The commissioners are saying that the county is blighted.  Persuant to the supreme court ruling Kelo v. City of New London, 545 U.S. 469 (2005)  should the county residents brace for the inevitable siezure and forfieture of prime properties that are inevitable when the commissioners find a corporation that is willing to move in? 

It sounds to me a statement of future intent!

Wow, thanks Srkruzich.
That's frightening.
People should start paying attention.

Ross

Stopping Crony Capitalism

By Paul Jacob

Voters in Wichita, Kansas, went to the polls, Tuesday, to smash a measure that would have forked over $2.25 million in tax rebates to a downtown hotel project. Those supporting the giveaway spent $300,000 to promote the deal, while opponents ponied up a scant $30,000 against it. The vote nevertheless strongly weighed against the big money, 62 to 38 percent.

The Wichita City Council had enacted this "economic development" deal with the hotel developers, and that would have been the end of it ... but for some pesky Wichita taxpayers.

Wilma

Which proves that the average person does not need to be led.  Just give them the facts and they will make the right decision.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on March 02, 2012, 08:23:21 AM
Which proves that the average person does not need to be led.  Just give them the facts and they will make the right decision.

Maybe there's hope for you yet... your observation identifies the basic issue being presented in this thread and others about local government.... informed consent.  When information is withheld from the public, when facts are skewed or misrepresented, when operations are undertaken without clearly informing the voters... people will make the wrong decisions.  Or worse, make no decision at all, simply trusting in 'family reputations' to carry the day.

Now, about that tax rebate program Elk County is considering......

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Elk County is debating making available to Elk county citizens a rebate that will come from either the state or the nation, not from the Elk County treasury.  Elk County will receive the full amount of the taxes.  The citizen will receive a rebate from a program NOT funded with Elk County tax dollars.  What is wrong with that?  The citizen does not have to take the rebate.  The citizen is free to make improvements without the promise of a rebate.  What is the citizen being forced to accept?  At least that is the way I understand what I have heard about it.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on March 02, 2012, 05:42:03 PM
Elk County is debating making available to Elk county citizens a rebate that will come from either the state or the nation, not from the Elk County treasury.  Elk County will receive the full amount of the taxes.  The citizen will receive a rebate from a program NOT funded with Elk County tax dollars.  What is wrong with that?  The citizen does not have to take the rebate.  The citizen is free to make improvements without the promise of a rebate.  What is the citizen being forced to accept?  At least that is the way I understand what I have heard about it.

Why is there a rebate. IF they can rebate the tax money then they can lower the taxes. That rebate crap is the same crap that the grocery stores do.  WHy rebate or why get a buyer card. JUST lower the darn groceries.   Two things that does, 1. people don't have to do without the money for however long it takes to get it back and 2. it costs less in accounting and bookeeing and writing rebate checks. How much money is wasted on that process when just lowering taxes would cost nothing.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on March 02, 2012, 05:42:03 PM
Elk County is debating making available to Elk county citizens a rebate that will come from either the state or the nation, not from the Elk County treasury.  Elk County will receive the full amount of the taxes.  The citizen will receive a rebate from a program NOT funded with Elk County tax dollars.  What is wrong with that?  The citizen does not have to take the rebate.  The citizen is free to make improvements without the promise of a rebate.  What is the citizen being forced to accept?  At least that is the way I understand what I have heard about it.

WRONG!  The person/company making improvements pays the increased taxes & then the county rebates a large portion (95-97% in year 1) to the same taxpayer.  Read the 1st post in this thread.  Better yet, get out of the rumor mill and get a copy of the Kansas authorization plan & the Meade County plan from the courthouse.  Read it for yourself.  Ultimately the county loses that rebated revenue.  Show me documentation saying otherwise, and I'll regroup on this.

Further, even if it were state or fed money (and it's not), where do you think that comes from..... citizen taxpayers.

Informed citizens are better citizens.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on March 02, 2012, 08:01:01 PM
WRONG!  The person/company making improvements pays the increased taxes & then the county rebates a large portion (95-97% in year 1) to the same taxpayer.  Read the 1st post in this thread.  Better yet, get out of the rumor mill and get a copy of the Kansas authorization plan & the Meade County plan from the courthouse.  Read it for yourself.  Ultimately the county loses that rebated revenue.  Show me documentation saying otherwise, and I'll regroup on this.

Further, even if it were state or fed money (and it's not), where do you think that comes from..... citizen taxpayers.

Informed citizens are better citizens.

AKA redistribution of wealth!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk