Tice - Larkin - Lieurance families

Started by LisaML, February 15, 2012, 03:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaML

I have been working on my family tree for the last few years and throughout my search I have kept coming back to this forum.  Since most of my family is from Elk County area (I, myself was born in Fall River). 

The end of 2010 I went up to Emporia and went through boxes and boxes of old family photos and made them all digital.  I have ran into the problem that many of these photos are untagged.  I am needing to put names to faces.  While I have much info on the family itself, I am just having an hard time figuring out who is who. 

So if anyone can help me with photos.. or really any info that may not have been posted before, I would be happy to hear it.

For the following people (or anyone tied to them): 
- Philip B. Tice (1843-1920)
- Sarah J. Myers (1858- abt 1884)
- Charles W. Tice (1875-1961)
- Mary Ann Neese (1877-1921)
- Mary Elizabeth Johnson (1882-1970 ... charles second wife.. really looking for a picture of her if anyone has seen one, that could help ALOT)
- Genevieve Tice (1923-1986)

LisaML

(ops hit post too soon)

- Susie Tice (1901-1971 -- my g.grandmother)
- Lee R Larkin (1895-1966)
- Earnest G. Larkin (1871-1951)
- Mary I. Hubble (1877-1955)
- Lieurance's from Severy, KS

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

flo

Lisa, my daughters went all through school with Aaron, Karen and Denise Lieurance.  Denise lives in Emporia, the other two I'm not sure of.  My daughter, Lynn, that had the cancer lives in Emporia and knows the married last name of Denise and also Karen, I believe.  I will ask her tomorrow and get you any information she may be able to provide.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

LisaML

Flo,

Denise, Aaron and Karen are my aunts and uncle.  Their younger brother, Larry, is my father.  I am all updated on their lives since I have been born.. lol Just wanted to see if anyone had any stories to share  ;)  haha.   Karen and Aaron both live near Ottawa, but Aaron still has an house in Severy.

Thanks for your help though. 

Lisa

Wilma

I wondered where you came in there.  I had forgotten about Larry since he was younger.  My mother-in-law, Thelma Furrow, was a Tice and a cousin of some sort to Marie Lieurance.  She was the oldest child of Jesse and Kittie Tice.  I guess that would make my girls some sort of cousin to you, wouldn't it?  My youngest was older than Aaron Lee.  They lived beside us a couple of years until they bought a house of their own.  I wonder if that is the house that Aaron owns.  Haven't been in Severy for so long that I have about forgotten where things are.

LisaML

Wilma,

There was actually 5 of the Lieurance kids... Aaron > Karen > Denise > Lyle > Larry.   The house that Aaron has, I believe he inherited from a friend. 

Thelma Furrow would be my 1st cousin - 3x removed lol.  So that would make your daughters my 3rd cousins - 1x removed?  I would appreciate any information you have to share for my family tree,  I know that Tice was your in-laws, but do you have any photos of Thelma from around 1924-5.  I have a few group family photos that are titled "Tice" and I am trying to put names with faces. 

-Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk