Wind Turbines Sprouting on Elk County Prairie

Started by kshillbillys, November 06, 2011, 02:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 09:00:23 PM
Try reading this piece of information before assuming you know where things come from:

http://www.vestas.com/en/media/news/news-display.aspx?action=3&NewsID=2673

"Vestas' Colorado-based factories will be involved in manufacturing the blades and towers, as well as nacelle and hub assembly, for the Caney River project, which will be the third-largest wind farm in Kansas. This project will provide direct and indirect economic benefits to Elk County in terms of long-term jobs and property-tax revenues generated from the turbines."
Vest is still a Swedish owned company. So where do you think the profits of the sale of the turbins goes?
American labor my build them but the profits still go to Sweden don't ya think?

flintauqua

And explain to me how this is any different than BP or Royal Dutch Shell having operations in the US that send returns on capital investment offshore?  Or Bayer, or Siemens, Daimler-Benz, Toyota, Honda, etc.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 09:17:17 PM
And explain to me how this is any different than BP or Royal Dutch Shell having operations in the US that send returns on capital investment offshore?  Or Bayer, or Siemens, Daimler-Benz, Toyota, Honda, etc.
It's not. Do you think those companies are maufacturing here to help us?
The profits go right straight to their mother country.
We get the lollipops and they get the cake and ice cream and presents.
Exporting all that money, just can't be good for our country.
Or do you really think it is?

flintauqua

So, you're saying that we shouldn't allow these foreign multi-nationals to operate here?  What about all the U.S. based multi-nationals that have operations outside the US.  If it's fair for our companies to give other countries lollipops to build and/or buy things that result in profits coming back to the US, then the opposite should be allowed, don't you think?

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 09:34:56 PM
So, you're saying that we shouldn't allow these foreign multi-nationals to operate here?  What about all the U.S. based multi-nationals that have operations outside the US.  If it's fair for our companies to give other countries lollipops to build and/or buy things that result in profits coming back to the US, then the opposite should be allowed, don't you think?
Do our companies get grants and government hand outs?
Do you like our jobs being exported to cheaper labor in foreign companies?
Especially while unemployement is so high here at home?
Is there any accountability for equal flow of cash?
Our own country has even stopped repporting how much is being granted for recyclable energy. Why?

unruhj

Vestas is a Danish company and our headquarters is based out of Denmark. Swedish?? have no idea where you got that from...

Not all of these components came from Colorado, some of the tower sections came from Vietnam.
There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe- Immanuel Kant

flintauqua

Dumb me, thinking I could answer something to Ross' satisfaction.  I forgot, for every one of his questions that gets answered, he has five more to ask.  ::)

Rule one of Forum - Ross is never wrong!

Rule two of Forum - If Ross is wrong, he won't admit it, he'll just ask more questions!

Out!  :angel:

Ross

Flintaqua check this out.

Quote from: Jo McDonald on November 05, 2011, 02:48:07 PM
               Christmas 2011 -- Birth of a New Tradition

As the holidays approach, the giant Asian factories
are kicking into high gear to provide Americans with monstrous piles
of cheaply produced goods merchandise that has been produced at the
expense of American labor. This year will be different. This year
Americans will give the gift of genuine  concern for other Americans.
There is no longer an excuse that, at gift giving time, nothing can be
found that is produced by American hands. Yes there is!

Do you see what Real Americans are thinking? What do you thinking is happening on the National scountry?
Don't you think people are getting frustrated with a little bit of everything. Especially, selling out the citizens and our ccountry?
It has been building for more than 30 years. Wake up.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 09:56:39 PM
Dumb me, thinking I could answer something to Ross' satisfaction.  I forgot, for every one of his questions that gets answered, he has five more to ask.  ::)

Rule one of Forum - Ross is never wrong!

Rule two of Forum - If Ross is wrong, he won't admit it, he'll just ask more questions!

Out!  :angel:
Oh really.
I suppose your way of telling people what to do is better than asking.
You are quite wrong, prove me wrong and I will admit it.
Come on over to http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html
and answer a few questions and prove me wrong. I'll eat crow if you can back up anything you say with provable facts.

I do think you believe everyone should believe, everything you say wheather you can prove it or not, without question.
I also believe you are unable to answer a question honestly.

Goodnight.

flintauqua

From one of the bastions of Libertarian thought, the CATO Institute:

Globalization

"When goods, services, and capital flow freely across U.S. borders, Americans can take full advantage of the opportunities of the international marketplace. They can buy the best or least expensive goods and services the world has to offer; they can sell to the most promising markets; they can choose among the best investment opportunities; and they can tap into the worldwide pool of capital. Study after study has shown that countries that are more open to the global economy grow faster and achieve higher incomes than those that are relatively closed."

http://www.cato.org/globalization

And, no Ross, I'm not going to your billboard thread, no matter where all you advertise it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk