Wind Turbines Sprouting on Elk County Prairie

Started by kshillbillys, November 06, 2011, 02:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

Well said, Jo.......my thoughts too.
Not a day goes by that everything is easy and not a little bumpy.
Why make it harder on ourselves by looking for problems before they
happen.

I am not advocating putting your head in a basket, we must be aware, but
most of our generation has been through "hard knocks" before and will weather
them, if and when we must.

I do feel sorry for the modern? generation who expects things to happen "RIGHT NOW"
Sometimes it pays to "Look for the silver lining" in our lives.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

A big THANKS to you, Jo and Judy, for your positive attitude. All of the negative trash has really hurt the Forum, several people have told me they have stopped looking at it and if they do look they don't want to comment on anything because of trash/negative answers. I think Elk County is still a great place to live and still has some of the best people I have known in my lifetime. As far as the Windfarm I think Elk County is fortunate to get it and it will pay off for years to come. Not only will you get tax money from it it will employ several people. If there was some out of US investment in it, it happened because Americans were not willing to do it, besides American investors invest all over the World as well. Any Trade Imbalance that came from Foreign investment is nothing compared to what American Companies invest in Foreign Oil production. Like it or not we are in a world that evolves around worlewide investment/trade. The great thing about Wind generated Electricity is that it is Clean, non- hydrocarbon powered and it is a natural clean renewable energy source.
Jo amd Judy, keep the positive attitude going. You are appreciated.

Wilma

Frank, thank you for reminding us about the huge investment that US investors have made overseas.  Trade seems to work two ways.  One person trades something to someone else for something that they agree on.  Where would we be if we couldn't do that?  It is a big world that can be circled in less than a day.  That brings us all closer together.  That means that we all have to do what we can to get along.  Kind of like brothers and sisters.  You've got them, better make the best of it.  They are there, make the best of it.  Be happy or be miserable.  Your choice.

frawin

Ross

Just excuses for selling out our country. It goes on all across the US of A.
We have a trade deficit.
It is only a 45.6 Billion.

The United States reported a trade deficit equivalent to 45.6 Billion USD in August of 2011.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/balance-of-trade

When do we wake up and face the music when the deficit is  45.6 Trillion?

Ya, know I run a trade deficit of sorts.
I do for people that can't afford to pay a professional and I do it to be helpful to my neighbors when I can.
I don't charge them even for diesel to rototill their gardenss, or to give them a trailer full of compost for their garden.
I recently dug trenchs for new lateral lines for a lady's septic system, no charge.
And I have done many other things that were a deficit to me. But I do it locally and for my neighbors.

But, I don't appreciate or have a 45.6 Billion dollar deficit, there is nothing neighborly about that. There is nothing good for our country in that. But Who cares, let's be happy and positive and ignore the truth. Afterall it does not affect us directly, just affect's our country. Sure trade between nations and investement is a good thing especially for the other countries.

Keep up the positive thinking, and be happy aboout it, it hides the real truth.

I chose to live here because of this county's location and I happen to like it very much. I have enjoyed meeting the people that live here. Why, because it reminds me of the people of the 1960's most are friendly and helpful and live the small town lifestyle.

jarhead

frawin

Ross, 35 Billion of that Deficit is from Oil and Petroleum products. US companies have invested in every country in the Free World and many Communists controlled countries. GM built more cars in China last year than they built in the US. The Labor unions in the US drove many companies to look overseas for manufaturing of their products.

Patriot

I'm sometimes reminded of the chaotic street scent in the end of the movie Delta House...

The part where all hell has broken loose, and that poor kid is frantically waving his arms and yelling, "All is well!  All is well".

Funny..... in the movie.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flintauqua

Quote from: Ross on November 07, 2011, 09:38:52 PM
You know Angie that is all well and fine if you think that way.
However, if we are going to sell out our country in my opinion we should do it like Enid, Oklahoma.
Same company, same number of wind turbins.
We get close to a million while Enid get's close to three million.
Enid get's a larger lollipop.

Just my opinion.

Ross, the blame for the difference between the Caney River project and the one near Enid is not the fault of anyone in Elk County.  Oklahoma puts wind energy projects on the tax rolls, subject to whatever local ad valorem rate applies.  Kansas, by way of statute that became effective Jan 1, 1999, exempts renewable energy projects, including wind, from property taxes.  So, blame the legislators and governor that were in office in 1998, no one at the Elk County level made that the law.

When compared to other wind energy projects in Kansas, I believe Elk County negotiated an excellent Payment In Lieu Of Taxes (PILOT) for the Caney River project.  Butler County only gets $150,000 per year for twenty years from the 150 MW Elk River project.  Cloud County was basically forced to accept a PILOT that stipulates $100,000 in Y1, $150,000 in Y2, $200,000 in Y3, and $300,000 per year for the remainder of the 20 year agreement.  This being on the 201 MW Meridian project.

I'm sure you will find something wrong with the aforementioned facts, since nothing can be an absolute fact until you or Patriot decide it is, and let the rest of us mere mortals know of your decision.

ALL HAIL ROSS AND PATRIOT!
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 08, 2011, 02:50:23 PM
ALL HAIL ROSS AND PATRIOT!

Flintaqua,

Snide remarks and excuses do not change the fact that this exist.

The United States reported a trade deficit equivalent to 45.6 Billion USD in August of 2011.
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/balance-of-trade

When do we wake up and face the music when the deficit is  45.6 Trillion?

So soory for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk