Wind Turbines Sprouting on Elk County Prairie

Started by kshillbillys, November 06, 2011, 02:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Ross, I have supported "Buy American" and "Shop Local" programs for over two decades, so take your 'Real American' comment and stick it up your . . . nose.  One of the reasons I do not work for big-box retailers anymore is because I got tired of selling a bunch of crap that was made overseas.  

I shop locally, for goods made as close to home as possible first.  I purchase globally sourced goods from mega-retailers rarely, and only as a last resort.  

Find something else you think you know about me to chastise me about!
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Two words, Chuckie:  Trade Deficit.

Plug that in and see if Ross isn't right about a net dollar outflow. 

Tell us, is this the business acumen you applied during your tenure as the Elk County Economic Development Director?  If so, it sure explains a lot.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

the "libertarian" free trade will work only if you take the government out of it and their "favorite" nation status type governing.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 09:56:39 PM
Dumb me, thinking I could answer something to Ross' satisfaction.  I forgot, for every one of his questions that gets answered, he has five more to ask.  ::)
Rule one of Forum - Ross is never wrong!
Rule two of Forum - If Ross is wrong, he won't admit it, he'll just ask more questions!
Out!  :angel:
Flintauqua, I am so sorry you get so upset over a few questions.
But surely, you understand questions must be asked, before answers and solutions can be addressed.
The who, what, where, when and why must all be answered to come to proper solutions.

Quote from: flintauqua on November 06, 2011, 10:13:19 PM
And, no Ross, I'm not going to your billboard thread, no matter where all you advertise it.

More questions,
because I don't have the answers,
because without the questions,
I can get no answers.
Is that perhaps because you have no honest answers?
Or is it because you are like EK and don't care for 2 way conversations?
How can I be wrong, when I don't have the answers.
I am just looking for real and honest answers.
What are you looking for?

flintauqua

Ross, putting question marks at the end of each of a never ending string of accusations does not somehow change them into something innocuous. 

There is no changing your mind on anything, and by making all these accusatorial statements masquerading as questions, you are stating your predetermined position on an issue, thusly there is no reason to expect a response.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on November 07, 2011, 10:33:48 AM
Ross, putting question marks at the end of each of a never ending string of accusations does not somehow change them into something innocuous.  

There is no changing your mind on anything, and by making all these accusatorial statements masquerading as questions, you are stating your predetermined position on an issue, thusly there is no reason to expect a response.
Then why do you respond? ROFLMAO

Lookatmeknow!!

Whether any of you agree or not, I am looking at the small picture of things. The wind towers going up has boosted Elk County and surrounding counties at a time when we can all use the boost! We have two rental properties and got them both rented with, at last count 8 guys I think. Plus, the quick mart and PJ's have more than likely increased income, along with the restaurants in the counties. To me, we need to think locally, cause if we don't look out for Elk County we know that our president won't. I support America, and don't like that they are making things outside of the USA and bring it here to sell. But it's been going on for way to long, and that is part of why I shop locally for almost everything!!! Keep my tax dollars in ELK county!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

You know Angie that is all well and fine if you think that way.
However, if we are going to sell out our country in my opinion we should do it like Enid, Oklahoma.
Same company, same number of wind turbins.
We get close to a million while Enid get's close to three million.
Enid get's a larger lollipop.

Just my opinion.

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on November 07, 2011, 09:25:20 PM
...The wind towers going up has boosted Elk County and surrounding counties at a time when we can all use the boost!

True... now what happens in Feb/March 2012 when those workers leave?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Jo McDonald

Guys, We really do have to be grateful for what we have at this time.
Hoping good things will continue.  Knowing there will be lots of bumps along the way...but we as individuals
have to keep on keepin' on, for the the best results. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk