West Elk Audit and Survey

Started by Ross, October 25, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

It was just reported to me by a reliable source that regularly attends the West Elk Schoool board meetings that there is an audit and public survey happening right now.

The public survey is located at http://westelk.us/we1/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=55
on the right hand side of the page.

The reason for posting this is because I was told that Mr. Reese our school superintendent and our paid employee, paid by our property taxes said something to the effect that he did not want the general public to know about this survey, only select people, such as parents of students, teachers and faculty, I would sure like to know why, wouldn't you?

Is it for control?
Is it Elk Konnected, LLC at work?
Isn't the School Board President also on the Steering Committee of the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC?
Isn't there other board members also on the Steering Committee of the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC?
Does our hired employee the school Superintendent Mr. Reese have an affiliation with  the privately owned company Elk Konnected, LLC?

When can we start trusting our elected officials and hired help?

Feed back, answers appreciated.

Mom70x7

The survey has been on the West Elk website for several weeks. I don't see how that's hiding anything, so I'm confused by your response. I would assume that if Mr. Reese wanted it hidden, it wouldn't be that easily available to the public.

Ross

Quote from: Mom70x7 on October 25, 2011, 08:22:10 PM
The survey has been on the West Elk website for several weeks. I don't see how that's hiding anything, so I'm confused by your response. I would assume that if Mr. Reese wanted it hidden, it wouldn't be that easily available to the public.

Well why didn't they publish it in the newspaper?
Then Why did he make such a remark at the school board meeting?

Janet Harrington

Well, I didn't know anything about it until Ross put it on this forum. I did my survey. How about the rest of you?

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on October 25, 2011, 08:53:03 PM
Well, I didn't know anything about it until Ross put it on this forum. I did my survey. How about the rest of you?
Good job Janet.
Don't you agree it should be published in the paper and possibly here on the forum?
Do you think Elk Konnected, LLC wants us to know about it?

Mom70x7

Elk Konnected has nothing to do with the surveys. They're from someone from Emporia State University. It's also been discussed at School Board meetings during the past year.

farmgal67357

I got a letter about it from the school. It seems to be school oriented so that's why it's not gone out to the general public.
Lisa, parent of a West Elk Patriot
Lisa

Ross

Quote from: farmgal67357 on October 26, 2011, 01:32:34 AM
I got a letter about it from the school. It seems to be school oriented so that's why it's not gone out to the general public.
Lisa, parent of a West Elk Patriot

Wake up and smell the roses. It is not school oriented in that fashion. It is a public survey being kept from the public. Otherwise why would Mr. Reese make such a reported statement as to keep it only for parents of students, teachers, staff a select few etc?

Where are the ethics in that?

The school district is owned by the County Citizens that pay property tax's that are used to support?

The school district is not owned by Mr. Reese, he is an employee of the taxpayer.

The school is not owned by the City of Howard, but is owned by the taxpayer.

The school is not owned by the school board, but is owned by the taxpayer.

Ask how many kids from this school district go to school in other school districts?

Then ask why? See if you get any answers? I bet you get the answer it's secret to protect the children.
But you see the childrens namse don't have to be exposed. It is more about attitude and protecting the staff rather then protecting the children, IMHO., perhaps the situations would not have goe on for an extended period of time, just saying?
Think about it. Are teachers and staff always right? Wake up call.

Observe the recent situation in Wichita, suppose there was more openess in the school management

Why do you think the school board members are elected by the taxpayser?

Is Mr. Reese Elk Konnected, LLC?

readyaimduck

QuoteOur school district has volunteered to be part of a school efficiency and effectiveness review. 

That is from the website ^
I see nothing inappropriate regarding this, Ross.  Why would I want input from someone not affiliated with the day to day operation (board, teachers, students, parents, staff)?
That would reflect bias and unfounded data to be included in the results and not be a proper survey.

ready

Ross

Well perhaps you are right Ready. However at the end on each survey there is a place to enter comments.
As one man told me, he thinks they are way over spending.
He feel the cost per child is extremely high and he was able to voice that.

One question is,
West Elk USD 282 Board of Education allows sufficient time for public input at meetings.
I don't believe that question is strictly aimed at teachers, students, and administrators do you?

They don't allow input unless you get on the agenda a week before the meeting.

At least our County Commissioners have an open public forum at the start their of their meeting.
However to address the school board you must get your self on the agenda at a least a week before the meeting.

Suppose something comes up that you wish to address the school board about four days before the meeting, what then? You
then have to wait three weeks before you can address the board, that's what.

All school district taxpayers have the right to address the schoolboard, does the school board make it easy to do so --- IMHO ----no.

It' not just my opinion, but I believe it is a proper right of those that pay the aministrators and teachers to be involved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk