what has happened folks?

Started by readyaimduck, August 10, 2011, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on August 13, 2011, 05:52:35 PM
Ready, I wish you knew me as well as you seem to think you do...I am by no means a Liberal...Far from it.  What is it you in the Bible thumping community like to quote?  "Judge not lest you be judged..."

ONLY those who don't liike being told their wrong use that.  :)  Bible thumpers know that

1Cr 6:2 KJV - Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1Cr 6:3 KJV - Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Ok Ready, I get it now. I can only speak to how it is here though. Before we got universal 911, the farm lands were given numbers on a grid, say every 500 feet down the "front" of the place, meaning the drive or entry road, which each were given names. (The old road numbers still technically exist, but aren't used for mail or emergencies.)  The number that landed closest to the drive also became the mailing address.  My own parents house went from  RD 1 Box 171,  to 303 Newark Road. The box number and RD was discarded, so the mailing address became 303 Newark Road also .  So would the 5 digit Kangaroo Road also be your mailing address?  Or just for 9-1-1? Or do you still have an RR and box number?  I wouldn't like that. My own family out there had PO boxes so I didn't know their RR's.

Red, sweetie, aren't you getting enough attention? Sorry kid, I don't care what you call me. You don't have any importance in my life and affect nothing I do. I'd like to be friends with everyone out there but a couple of you simply make that impossible.
You, my dear have a serious OC problem. I wish you well with that. It's pretty common actually....even on the forum. But then as some say, bad publicity over and over and over and over is better than none at all, and doesn't have the expected effect.....  :angel:

Catwoman

Quote from: srkruzich on August 13, 2011, 06:22:02 PM
ONLY those who don't liike being told their wrong use that.  :)  Bible thumpers know that

1Cr 6:2 KJV - Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1Cr 6:3 KJV - Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Well, as you're the first one, on a different thread, to use that, I guess you'd know... ;D

Wilma

The 9-1-1 address is the same as the mailing address.  At least for rural delivery people.  I don't know about the ones that have to go to the post office for their mail.  They all have street addresses which, logically, would be their 9-1-1 address, while their post office box number would be their mailing address.  When Elk County went 9-1-1, all the mailing addresses were changed to the 9-1-1 address.  Finding a rural address in Elk County is simple.  The north-south roads are numbered and the east-west roads are named alphabetically starting at the west side of the county and at the south side of the county.  Therefore, an address on Turkey Road would be in the north part of the county, actually one mile south of the Greenwood County line.  Road 7 would be 7 miles east of the Butler County line.

Diane Amberg

As long as your emergency personnel know how it works, which obviously they would, it works for me. ;)

jarhead

Quote from Catwoman:
Diane, you can't blame them for not getting it.  People who don't teach...Who have no other experience with education other than the one they received themselves...Don't have any idea what it is to try to lead these newest generations forward, out of the darkness of ignorance, into the light of rational thought.  It just points up how oblivious most adults are to how hard it is, anymore, to try to be an educator.  They just flat out don't get it.  

cat, I would think if your choice of employment was so hard, if I was you I would be looking for another job. The stress of your hard job might get you down and we wouldn't want that now would we ?
You seem to think that very few of us on this forum know what it's like being a teacher. I know I taught classes on Laaw, in Hawaii, probably before you were even born. I liked teaching Laaw but decided it was time to make a career change.
Even ol Sarge was a teacher way back when. I think it was in Mississippi or Alabama

greatguns

Jar, did the rains last night make the BS deep or what?  Speaking of teachers, did you call your Aunt and wish her a happy 94th birthday?  And your other Aunt that was a teacher for 40 some years will be 93 on Monday.

kshillbillys

Damn, what school do you teach at?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 13, 2011, 11:29:39 PM
I DARE you...extremely high stress...easier than teaching the kids today...social abilities of the students have decreased...Until some of you "civilians"...you don't have the foggiest idea...no idea of the stress levels...you have no real appreciation...advice from the unwashed masses...Let the howls of indignation start.

NEED SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE?

Been shot at lately?  At night?
Dodged any inbound mortar shells in the teachers lounge while on a union enforced break?
Dug a foxhole to work in for the day? All while avoiding poisonous snakes?
Had a student shoot a spitwad at you lately...only to find your straw is broken?

I guess one's definition of stress is relative.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

kshillbillys

And dear, precious teach....that would be TOLL, not TOLE...geez, and WE'RE the idiots here! Or were you just "testing" us once again to see if we were paying attention? poke, poke, ha, ha, hee, hee!!  ::)
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk