Obamacare court tally shifts again...

Started by Patriot, August 12, 2011, 12:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Common sense prevails... again.  This time at the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.  Their knockdown of the mandate that individuals buy health insurance was scathing.

Appeals court rules against Obama healthcare law
Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An appeals court ruled on Friday that President Barack Obama's healthcare law requiring Americans to buy healthcare insurance or face a penalty was unconstitutional, a blow to the White House.

The Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta, found that Congress exceeded its authority by requiring Americans to buy coverage, but also ruled that the rest of the wide-ranging law could remain in effect.

Full article:  http://ca.news.yahoo.com/appeals-court-rules-against-obama-healthcare-law-171829777.html
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

yeah but it was immediately appealed and sent to supreme court.  They didn't strike down the law though unfortunately.  Need to strike it all down and force them to go back to the drawing board
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on August 12, 2011, 01:34:20 PM
yeah but it was immediately appealed and sent to supreme court.  They didn't strike down the law though unfortunately.  Need to strike it all down and force them to go back to the drawing board

If the SCOTUS finds the same way, the funding for Obummer's monstrous healthcare mess is essentially gutted.  No money, no party.  Just heard that DOJ is 'considering the next appropriate move.'  Resignation beginning at the top seems appropriate, no?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on August 12, 2011, 01:42:51 PM
If the SCOTUS finds the same way, the funding for Obummer's monstrous healthcare mess is essentially gutted.  No money, no party.  Just heard that DOJ is 'considering the next appropriate move.'  Resignation beginning at the top seems appropriate, no?
Uhm i recommend firing squad....... Guillotine?

sodbuster

I just can't see how the government can constitutionally (sp?) require anyone to buy health insurance. I know they (States) require you to buy insurance to drive. What I do know having spent several years working for a hospital and having acquired a +$280, 000 bill (I burned in a fire :))  mostly paid for by Blue Cross , the cost to be hospitalized for a serious event outstrip your insurance and your wealth unless have assests more than a $1,000,000. There is just something wrong that in our society that the medical care that we need is more expensive than almost all of us can afford.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

why would a 280k bill strip your bc/bs when their lifetime payout is around 3 mil.  Shouldn't strip it at all. 

There is a limit to what any insurance will pay.  UNLESS You pay extra fori it.  Basically your worth about 3 mil is all your worth.
Less if you claim workmans.

sodbuster

Quote from: srkruzich on August 15, 2011, 02:12:51 PM
why would a 280k bill strip your bc/bs when their lifetime payout is around 3 mil.  Shouldn't strip it at all. 

There is a limit to what any insurance will pay.  UNLESS You pay extra fori it.  Basically your worth about 3 mil is all your worth.
Less if you claim workmans.

I never said that my bill outstripped MY insurance. I have unlimited lifetime payout for my max. benefit. Many people do reach a max. benefit level though on their insurance. Also, since you seem to be pulling out numbers from the ether; how much of that bill did I have to pay myself? Could you have paid my portion of my bill? How many people have to file for bankruptcy because they could never pay off their portion of the hospital bill? No, I didn't have to file or did you already know that from pulling numbers out of the ether too?  My bill was very small compared to the guy's in the next burn room who had been in there for 2 years.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk