Way to screw things up Brownback

Started by unruhj, May 15, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 18, 2011, 06:06:20 PM
Steve, why do I or anyone else put in 12 hour days almost everyday of the week to support our families???? Because we would rather work than have you or everyone else pay our way!! I know a couple whom neither work, and the mother had the nerve to ask me why I wasn't at the school supporting my daughter during a daytime event!! It's cause I work, to support lazy people like them!!!!! Makes me so mad!!!

I didn't say you. I said there really is no incentive to get them out to work.  I know when i was younger i wasn't at all satisfied iwth working 12 -16 hour days making less than 100 dollars a day.  So i got out there educated myself and went to where the jobs were.   I used to drive 1.5 hours a day one way to a job to make what i wanted to make.  Then the county where i resided in got industry to move up there and I was only 15 min to work making the same money.  I've asked it before, if elk wants to grow, then where is the industrial park?   Any county that wants to grow will have one.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

flintauqua

Quote from: Patriot on May 18, 2011, 10:41:59 AM
Way to leave out pertinent details to justify your position.  Did you work in government at some point?
Read the damned project proposals for yourself.  We get paid on completed capacity.  Here are some details you may have missed.

1.  The project is presented in two phases.  Phase 1 = 150 Mw.  Phase 2 = 50 Mw.
2.  Only Phase 1 is scheduled for year 1.
3.  Phase 1 results in $675,000 for year 1.  $4500/Mw x 150Mw
4.  Phase 2 scheduled for year 2 or beyond and may now be in question as an 'expansion' that may not be completed under new agreements to which wind farm companies have voluntarily agreed.
5.  The project has repeatedly been promoted locally as generating over $1 million of public revenue in year one... a lie, I might add.  At best, the million dollar figure is several years out, even by your own misguided estimates.  (Saul Alinsky didn't work, so now are using Obama math & economics propaganda methods?)
6.  Local 'planners' now have this county at about $1 milliion in debt (and growing) against revenues of something like $2.4 million.  And that with the highest per capita property tax rates in the state.  Why would we believe they are capable of planning based on a 'potential' ten year cash stream?  They seem to think the American taxpayer piggy bank is free money & theirs for the taking & that big spending of other peoples money is an honorable mission.  Given the Democrat propensity to spend without end and the makeup of our leadership, I'm not surprised.

Your facts are flawed, and your analysis half fast.  It's no wonder the masses are confused.  The biggest problem with Ayn Rand's perspectives is that they take historical truths, real world economics, business sense and real human behaviors into account.  Shame on her for being so pragmatic!

I left out no pertinent details.  You have convienently failed to acknowledge that the PILOT was signed in Dec 2008.  It does contain two phases.  Things have changed since then.  If you did your research, you would find that the press releases of Oct 2010 - nearly two years after the PILOT - from both the seller (Enel) and the buyer (TVA) announce that the Power Purchase Agreement is for 200MW.  And if you read the updated environmental assesment of March 2011, it spells out exactly where the 200 MW will come from - the 111 1.8MW Vestas V90 generating units that, baring unforeseen construction delays, will be online by the end of 2012.  111 x 1.8 = 200MW

So, if anyone is choosing to leave out facts, or is not doing the necessary research, it is you, not me.  Blow that out of your Obama/Alinsky fixated pie hole!
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on May 18, 2011, 06:43:50 PM
I left out no pertinent details.

I guess time and payments will tell.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

pepelect

Quote from: flintauqua on May 18, 2011, 06:43:50 PM
.  Blow that out of your Obama/Alinsky fixated pie hole!
Flint you said blow....the gov says no blow...wagons ho!  get with the program.

Exactly what is an Alinsky fixated pie hole?

flintauqua

http://wind.energy-business-review.com/news/enel-green-starts-construction-of-caneyriver-wind-project-in-us-200511

QuoteEnel Green Power North America (EGPNA) has started the construction of its 200MW Caney River Wind Project (Caney) in Kansas, US.

Trade Wind Energy, a developing partner of EGPNA will be responsible for the construction of the $350m project which will be equipped with111 Vestas wind turbines V-90 of 1.8 MW each.

Upon completion, the wind plant will be capable of generating 765kWh of energy every year, sufficient to power about 70,000 homes in Kansas.

The Caney River Wind Project is expected to reduce the atmospheric emission of over 580,000 tons of CO2 a year.

Caney River Wind Project committed funding for a Native Environment Conservation Plan focused on the Tallgrass Prairie in Kansas.

These funds will be used for the purchase of conservation easements for over 18,000 acres, the restoration of 6,000 acres of Tall Grass Prairie Habitat and wind and wildlife research focused on this eco-region.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

flintauqua

Colorado firm lands Kansas wind turbine order
BY BILL WILSON
The Wichita Eagle

Vestas has received an order for 111 wind turbines from Enel Green Power North America for the Caney River wind energy project in Elk County, Kansas.

The contract includes delivery and commissioning along with a five-year service and maintenance agreement. Delivery is scheduled for the second half of 2011 and commissioning is expected in late 2011.

Vestas' Colorado-based factories will manufacture the blades and towers, as well as nacelle and hub assembly, for the Caney River project, which will be the third-largest wind farm in Kansas.

Vestas and Enel previously teamed up on the first phase of the Smoky Hills wind-energy project near Salina, which was completed in 2008 using turbines. Vestas has 326 of its wind turbines in Kansas at four sites throughout the state.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/05/19/1855229/colorado-firm-lands-kansas-wind.html#ixzz1N1pFaGct

pepelect

KFB president Steve Baccus to
meet with Gov. Brownback over wind decision
KFB

Landowners in the Kansas Flint Hills – and their agriculture   

KFB President
Steve Baccus

advocacy organization – are frustrated with Gov. Sam Brownback's recent decision to expand the area off limits to wind development. The Governor reached an agreement with potential wind energy developers, that although  voluntary, for all practical purposes prevents development of wind projects on private property in the designated area.
Ottawa County grain farmer Steve Baccus, who serves as president of Kansas Farm Bureau, says the Governor's decision strikes at the heart of a deeply-held belief that an individual should be able to make his or her own decisions on how to manage their private property.

"Anytime someone takes a look at your rights to do what you want with that property, Farm Bureau's going to be there and be involved, because our folks are very serious about it."

Baccus says it's an issue that transcends where you live. He says landowners' rights are a bedrock principle upon which the country was founded.

"I think the guy in town who has a corner lot and a 2-story ranch house thinks pretty seriously about his right to do what he wants on that property, so it's a principle that's founded in Americanism."

As a direct result of this decision, Baccus will meet personally next week with Gov. Brownback.

unruhj

Do you happen to have the link to where the previous post came from Arc fault?
There are things that I believe that I will never say, but I shall never say the things that I do not believe- Immanuel Kant

pepelect

Farm bureau weekly newsletter.  Mr Steve has also been on the radio on the subject on the ag network. 

Have you seen the cool bumperstickers from CQ county?

SAM, YOU BLEW IT.

Janet Harrington

I have been asking citizens that I have coffee with how the governor could do something like tell a landowner what the landowner can do with his/her own land. I am totally amazed. You go, Kansas Farm Bureau. At least someone is asking the governor, what the heck were you thinking?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk