Music Concert

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, May 09, 2011, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

Last Friday May 6th, grades 4 through 12 had a music concert at the high school. I just have to say, I am really impressed with Mrs. Shilts-Baum. She does an amazing job with the music department. I was also impressed with the all the groups as they all performed really well. Got to just throw this out there, Cole Mull is a very talented singer. I am also very impressed with Flo's granddaughter Courtney Hunter, she can play that flute and also has a beautiful voice!!

The high school band is small in numbers, but they are really good. I loved listening to all the groups perform!! 4th grade, 5 and 6 grade band, Jr. High vocal and Jr. High band!! They are all a group of talented musicians!!! Good job, Patriot Musicians!!! You ROCK!! :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Janet Harrington

I went to the music program, but only stayed until the 6th grade was done. However; I was very impressed with Mrs. Stilts-Baum. when the 4th graders were acting a little silly while they were singing, she stopped playing the piano and corrected them on their behavior.  When the next class was starting to do their part and the last class was entering the auditorium, she stopped talking and told the students to come on in and sit down. She was not embarrassed to see that our students acted like the mannered people that they are.

I saw Mrs. Stilts-Baum in front of the bank on Thursday and told her how much I appreciated her being the music teacher, especially the fact that she did not hesitate to correct the students in front of the audience.

I enjoyed the way that she explained what the students would be doing and why. I so enjoyed seeing the students and many of the parents, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk