Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancy

Since Elk County's only pool is in need of help I hope we all can help to keep it open. That is what is important.

Ross

Gee! Some Conversation

Quote from: Nancy on October 01, 2014, 04:24:55 PM
i can't speak the other folks out there but my opinion is you are an idiot

Why thank you Nancy for your considered recognition.

Sorry to dissapoint you, I ain't no idiot!

I may be a redneck!
I am a taxpayer!
I am a registered voter!
I am politically incorrect! (intentionally)
I may be crazy  --- but I ain't insane!
I am high on life but I ain't high on drugs.

But I ain't no idiot!

I think you may have me confused with them arrogant ignorant college degree type folks.
LOL.

I was being satirical and it appears to have worked !

Do you feel perhaps that Elk Konnected is just a put on and incapable of accomplishing anything?

I mean, I was only Suggesting Elk Konnected spin their magic and help Howard with their pool program.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote from: frawin on October 01, 2014, 05:00:53 PM
Nancy you are right on.

A very dynamic response there frawin.

A lot of intellectual thought given here, thanks.

I guess you agree that my comment was satirical and perhaps you don't believe in Elk Konnected's ability to help out a real community, is that right?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote from: Nancy on October 01, 2014, 05:28:50 PM
Since Elk County's only pool is in need of help I hope we all can help to keep it open. That is what is important.

Now that is rich Nancy. A lot of intellectual thought went in to that there statement, didn't it?

Oh my, oh my!

Shifting responsibility like that, really?

Because Howard did not plan financially for needed repairs and replacements it becomes the responsibility of all of Elk County, is that your line of thinking?

Perhaps, since I own the Only Ford pick-up in Elk County that is registered to me, perhaps everyone in Elk County should be responsible for new tires for it when needed? Because it is the only one in Elk County registered to me --- there are no other like it. LOL

No, I don't think so.

No, not everyone in Elk County uses the Howard Pool.

It is not the responsibility of those that pay to use the pool to pay for repairs and replacements. That is the City of Howard's responsibility.

Perhaps you don't believe in Elk Konnected's ability to help out a real community, is that your line of thinking?

Thanks for the extremely humorous feed back.

Now it's your turn to call me another name and I sure hope you can do a better job this time.

Good night.

Ross

My monthly rag from the power company,
"Kansas Country Living"
has yet another story from
"Elk Konnecteds"
mother organization
"Public Squares Communities".

Democracy at Risk?
By Liz Sosa

On the side panel is the following remark:

"Building a strong community demands building consensus among individuals, versus dividing into angry factions."

Let's look at the title of the Article first, okay?"

Democracy at Risk?

What is Democracy?
Well according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary it is:
de•moc•ra•cy
noun \di-ˈmä-krə-sē\
: a form of government in which people choose leaders by voting
: a country ruled by democracy
: an organization or situation in which everyone is treated equally and has equal rights

It is clearly not an Non Governmental Organization?
Just who is a Non Governmental Organization
to tell us how to decide, who we vote for?
Aren't those individual personal decisions?
Just who is Liz Sosa to preach civility in politics to the masses or civility period?

She states:

"Building a strong community-whether in our neighborhood, Topeka or Washington – demands building consensus among individuals, versus dividing into angry factions. It requires careful connecting of various perspectives. In other words, we are tasked with aligning our personal values with public decisions that serve the community as a whole."

Now folks that is a whole lot to digest and make sense of, isn't it?

Take this part for instance, "demands building consensus among individuals, versus dividing into angry factions." Who says the division has to be angry, why can it not be simply agreed upon to amicably disagree with out anger? Just why does Liz Sosa believe it has to be filled with anger? She says in her story that her friend disagrees with her on politics and they have agreed to disagree. Why can't Liz Sosa simply align her personal values with her friends personal values, then they would not have to agree to disagree? Why doesn't Liz Sosa listen to her own advice?
Where is the positive attitude in saying such negative stuff?

There is that word consensus again? Do these people that run NGO's really understand the meaning of the word? "demands building consensus among individuals". Who or what "DEMANDS"?

Well according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary a consensus is:
con•sen•sus
noun, often attributive \kən-ˈsen(t)-səs\
: a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group.

Is it an uneducated use of the term consensus or is this done to confuse and manipulate?

Just how does the word relate here, "demands building consensus among individuals", the definition says group not individual. This is the same thing that happens with the word community it is used in my opinion to manipulate and control.

And her remarks about civility are very disturbing to me, it is being used in my opinion once again to manipulate and mislead. Even the State School Board approves of heated conversations at local school board meetings.
Are heated conversations always civil? Not hardly!

Merriam-Webster Dictionary says:
ci•vil•i•ty
noun \sə-ˈvi-lə-tē\
: polite, reasonable, and respectful behavior

Another thing about civility, I had to deal with Child Protective Services in Washington State for 1 ½ years to get my nephew out of their filthy, lying clutches. Child Protective Service here in Kansas is referred to as SRS. Was I angry --- you bet! Did I remain civil, it was very tough -- but I did remain civil 90% of the time. Were they civil, well yes 90% of the time – they are trained to be civil at all times while lying and back stabbing a family. Is this true civility? NO it is not!

CPS decided they could no longer deal with my methods --- my methods were political with e-mails  and phone calls to every state representative, congressmen and the Governor, these e-mails and phone calls went from Seattle to Tacoma to Olympia, I covered all the bases, well CPS hired a private firm to cover our case. They sent a lady out to meet with us and when she returned to the office she was asked if we were the ugly people they told her we were. She said definitely not. Just where was the civility on CPS Part? Speaking soft and sweetly is not necessarily being civil, it may only be a way of hiding the true ugliness. The CPS tried to cause problems for this lady, it did not work, they failed.

Is it respectful to manipulate and to lie to people while speaking sweet and softly and smiling, is that being respectful  as in civil? NO !

Let's move down the article a little ways see what else she says:

"Further more, we live in a democracy which means the decision is ultimately yours and mine!

The lack of civic leaders - including people who have been local community leaders before being elevated to state and federal office – was a primary driver in creating Public Squares Communities 10 years ago. We believe people with deep community roots bring a greater sense of "the common good" to state and federal government."

Let's look at that first five words shall we ! "The lack of civic leaders".  Doesn't Public Squares Communities and Elk Konnected recognize the democracy of Elk County? Don't they recognize the voters (consensus of the Elk County public) chosen civic leaders?

I'd tend to agree to a lack of good leadership, leadership that does not have the "common good" in mind when they worked for their own good. Yes, I'm referring to, when Elk Konnected had the two controlling votes of the Elk County Commissioners Board and voted to give tax payer dollars to Elk Konnected.

This just blows part of her second sentence of that paragraph out of the water, doesn't it?
"deep community roots bring a greater sense of "the common good""
Oh, they can believe what they want, but we don't have to believe such B.S. do we?

It is my personal political opinion that Elk County is headed back to those unfaithful days when Elk Konnected regains two controlling seats on the Elk County Commissioners Board.
Where will the loyalties lie er lay then?

If the word doesn't get out there to write in on the ballot Mr. Doug Ritz for District 1 County Commissioner everything he and Mr. Hebb have worked to accomplish will simply be unraveled. And most likely property taxes will once again increase. Something to think about folks. Only you folks in District 1 can stop it. Show the NGO you can think for yourself and write-in:

Doug Ritz
for
District 1 County Commissioner.

I simply ask, why do people even listen to the likes of Public Squares Communities and Elk Konnected, why?
Do people really need organizations to tell them how to live, how to vote, how to think? NO they don't, do they?

I know, I was sucked in by all their glorious talk at the beginning of the first Konnected Kommunity Konversation, I attended in Longton. But it did not take long to wise up to them. And when, I tried to have a civil talk with the man during a Konnected Kommunity Konversation in Moline and ask some questions, he called for the Sheriff. Where was the civility on his part ?

You see they talk the talk but they don't walk the walk, do they?

In fact I'll be so bold  as to say they create Conflicting Opinions and take sides, there is nothing different between this NGO's opinion and an individuals opinion. EXCEPT, those operating the NGO are most likely making a good income off of your tax dollars.

Just review this thread, with Public Squares Communities and Elk Konnected   and civilityin mind. Yes, I'm guilty too!

Doug Ritz
for
District 1
County Commissioner.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions. I hope you make your own opinions, and when you vote, vote your own decision, not the decision of a visitor from an NGO.

I wish everyone a great weekend.

Ross

A timely reminder before our generous spirits open up our
Wallets...   The holidays gift giving season is about to decend upon us.

THINK BEFORE YOU DONATE!

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS:

As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself
Feel good, please keep the following in
Mind:

The
American Red Cross

President and CEO Marsha J.
Evans'
Salary for the year was $651,957
Plus expenses

MARCH OF
DIMES

It is called the March of
Dimes because
Only a dime for
Every 1 dollar is given to the
Needy.

The
United Way

President Brian
Gallagher
Receives a $375,000 base salary
Along with numerous expense benefits.

UNICEF
CEO Caryl M. Stern
Receives
$1,200,000 per year (100k
Per month) plus all expenses including a ROLLS
ROYCE.
Less than 5
Cents of your donated dollar goes to the
Cause.

GOODWILL
CEO and owner Mark Curran
Profits $2.3 million a year.
Goodwill is a
Very catchy name for his business.
You donate to his business
And then he sells the items for
PROFIT.
He pays nothing
For his products and pays his workers minimum wage!
Nice Guy.
$0.00 goes to
Help anyone!
Stop giving to this
Man.

Elk Konnected, LLC
Self Proclaimed Founder  Liz Hendricks
Receives
?????  ?????  per year and possibly maybe plus all expenses
????? ????? no disclosure of your donated dollar goes to Unclear
Cause.

Steering Committee

Business:
•Liz Hendricks            salary ?????        no disclosure

Education:
•Dr. Dave Whetstone  salary ?????         no disclosure

Government:
•Jennifer Montgomery  salary ?????        no disclosure
•Kenny Liebau             salary ?????        no disclosure

Human Services:         salary ?????         no disclosure
•Tommie Barnaby        salary ?????         no disclosure

Instead, give it to ANY OF THE
FOLLOWING
GO "GREEN" AND
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE IT WILL DO SOME GOOD:

The
Salvation Army

Commissioner, Todd Bassett
Receives a small salary of only
$13,000 per year(plus housing) for
Managing this $2 billion dollar
Organization.
96 percent of donated dollars go
To the cause.

The
American Legion

National Commander receives
A $0.00 zero
Salary.
Your donations go to help
Veterans and their families and youth! The
Veterans of Foreign Wars
A $0.00 zero
Salary.
Veterans and their families and youth!

The
Disabled American Veterans

A $0.00 zero
Salary.
Veterans and their families and youth! The
Military Order of PurpleHearts
National Commander receives a
$0.00 zero salary.
Veterans and their families and youth!

The
Vietnam Veterans Association

A $0.00 zero
Salary.
Veterans and their families and youth! Make a
Wish: For children's last
Wishes.
100% goes to funding trips or
Special wishes for a dying child.

St. Jude
Research Hospital

100% goes towards funding and
Helping Children with Cancer who have no insurance and
Cannot afford to pay. Ronald
McDonald Houses
All monies go to running
The houses for parents who have critically ill
Children in the hospital.
100% goes to housing, and feeding
The families.

Lions
Club International

100% OF DONATIONS GO TO HELP THE
BLIND, BUY HEARING AIDES, SUPPORT MEDICAL MISSIONS
AROUND THE WORLD. THEIR LATEST
UNDERTAKING
IS MEASLES VACCINATIONS
(ONLY $1.00 PER SHOT).

Please Remember to
Keep Elk County Healthy
Write-in
Doug Ritz
for
District 1
County Commissioner.

Just my personal thoughts and opinions. I hope you make your own opinions, and when you vote, vote your own decision, not the decision of a visitor from an NGO.

Bullwinkle

I have to correct you, Ross, on one statement. The folks who own the land do not get millions, only lease payments for each tower and the ground on which the operations building and switching and substation are located. Of course, Jim Perkins has the lion's share of that, but it is far from amounting to millions. Carry on.

Ross

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 16, 2014, 02:09:12 PM
      I have to correct you, Ross, on one statement. The folks who own the land do not get millions, only lease payments for each tower and the ground on which the operations building and switching and substation are located. Of course, Jim Perkins has the lion's share of that, but it is far from amounting to millions. Carry on.

Thank you for that correction Bullwinkle.
It is much appreciated.

Ross

I find it amazing how easily our individualism can be maniulated by a group of people who are manipulated by a couple of people, bent on control of everyone. Boy now that really is a mouthful for me.

Moving to the reason for that mouthful:

In earlier posts on this thread some people have addressed the fact that they felt that Saul Alinsky's methods have been used in our county. Well i have ran across some interesting inormation on this subject I'd like to share with you.

First a recent statement that I found interesting:

"Communist Radicals" Marxist without the red flag. Who would replace democracy with their own tyranny! Obama and Clinton speak of "Change" is directly from Saul Alinsky! The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches unions and political parties. Biographer Sanford Horowitz writes that President Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign was influenced by Alinsky's teachings. Obama worked for Alinsky organizations and taught seminars in Alinsky tactics and mythology during his community organizing period In Chicago.
New English Review/D.L. Adams

Second:

Saul Alinsky's 12 Rules for Radicals
Here is the complete list from Alinsky.

* RULE 1: "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have." Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. "Have-Nots" must build power from flesh and blood. (These are two things of which there is a plentiful supply. Government and corporations always have a difficult time appealing to people, and usually do so almost exclusively with economic arguments.)

* RULE 2:
"Never go outside the expertise of your people." It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don't address the "real" issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)

* RULE 3:
"Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy." Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)

* RULE 4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity's very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

* RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon." There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

* RULE 6: "A good tactic is one your people enjoy." They'll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They're doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid "un-fun" activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)

* RULE 7: "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag." Don't become old news. (Even radical activists get bored. So to keep them excited and involved, organizers are constantly coming up with new tactics.)
* RULE 8: "Keep the pressure on. Never let up." Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

* RULE 9: "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself." Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists' minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)

* RULE 10: "If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive." Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog. (Unions used this tactic. Peaceful [albeit loud] demonstrations during the heyday of unions in the early to mid-20th Century incurred management's wrath, often in the form of violence that eventually brought public sympathy to their side.)

* RULE 11: "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative." Never let the enemy score points because you're caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Ross

Write in
Doug Ritz
for
Elk County Commissioner
Keep Elk County Healthy

We are counting on you folks in District 1 to do the right thing for Elk County.

Ross

Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz   Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz    Doug Ritz    Doug Ritz  Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz   Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz
Ask all your Konnected friends to vote for the
Best Person in
Elk County for
District 1 County Commissioner ----
Ask them not to be Sheeples and Followers!

This is very important decision for
you to make
Concerning the Health of Elk County.
Make your vote worth while.

Ask your friendsand neighbors
to Write In
Doug Ritz
To keep
Elk County, Kansas
Healthy

The other two county districts are counting on  you.

Remind everyone what it was like when Elk Konnected had control with two members on the Commissioners Board. Tell the voters how they were being raped of their tax dollars,
Why don't you mind the readers how your friends wanted to turn Elk County into a socialist state?
Perhaps this will help you remember:
                                                       A really big idea isn't it, "do away with city gov't, councils­" do away with self government --- a simply amazingly stupid idea, right????
Here is the link where this is posted:
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.0.html

Keep Elk County Healthy

Write-In
Doug Ritz
For Being An
Excellent
County Commissioner
And Continue to
Keep Elk County Healthy

Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz   Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz    Doug Ritz    Doug Ritz  Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz   Write in Doug Ritz Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz    Write in Doug Ritz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk