Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

(Just in case some one doesn't visit the West Elk web site, I thought I'd post minutes of the newly formed, or at least I think newly formed in February 2013, West Elk Site Council. At least that is the earliest minutes I can find. These are all public documents. I will add some of my thoughts inside the minutes encompassed in parentheses and blue.)

West Elk USD 282 Site Council
Officers:
President-Ian Denton
Vice President-Julie Perkins
Secretary-Gina Wilson
Meeting dates are stated at the end of the minutes and will be added to the District calendar. Meetings are held in the high school library and are open to the public.

WEST ELK SITE COUNCIL
West Elk Site Council
West Elk Jr./Sr. Library
Monday, February 4, 2013
Meeting minutes
Members present:  Juli Young, Principal, Bert Moore, Superintendent, Mary Mericle, Thad Triboulet, Kate Perkins, Kevin Weber, Chris Haag, Paula McAlister, Ian Denton, Julie Perkins, Teresa Usry, Jackie Gragg, Kay Kelly, Tina Jackson, Gina Wilson.

The meeting was called to order by Juli Young at 6:30 p.m., Monday, February 4, 2013.
First matter on the agenda was election of officers.  Mary Mericle moved for the following as a slate of officers:  President - Ian Denton, Vice President - Julie Perkins, Secretary - Gina Wilson.   Motion passed.
Second item on agenda was Spotlight.  Both Chris Haag and Kevin Weber brought items to share with the council.

Chris Haag shared the Backpack Program that will be implemented at West Elk Pre K-12th grades.  This is a program designed to battle chronic hunger.  Nonperishable food items will be sent home over the weekend for children deemed in need.  Right now, there are twenty-one students that will be participating in this program. Numbers can be adjusted as needed throughout the year.  Julie Perkins asked about a list of items that could be donated as she has had people in the community that would like to help donate food items. 
Tina Jackson volunteered to help with preparing the backpacks for students.  Bert Moore expressed a desire to look into extending this throughout the summer with help from the community.

(We apparently have a problem with chronic hunger in the county and the school board wants to tax it taxpayers even more to build an unnecessary school building reconfigured as extensions. Does that make a lot of sense?)

The council made their way to the woods shop for a presentation by Kevin Weber.  He provided the council with a tour of the shop and his classroom.  He informed the council about the junior high and high school classes which include basic to advanced woods courses as well as three levels of drafting classes.  On average his classes have an enrollment of ten students.

Some council members showed concern over the age of some of the equipment used in the shop and the safety issues involved with using the older equipment.  A few machines date back to possibly the 1950's.  Kevin highlighted a new computerized wood carving machine that the students have been using.  When programmed the machine can carve a variety of designs ranging from letters to detailed pictures.  Ian Denton asked if Mr. Weber had a budget to work with for purchasing and updating equipment.  Kevin stated that his courses are funded partially with Federal money.

(Here it is again, spend, spend! Shouldn't their concern be about maintenance? Even new machinery can be dangerous if not maintained properly! Is there some form of documented check list or maintenance on the equipment? If there is no documentation of maintenance and a child gets hurt whether it is old or new machinery could leave a lot of possibilities for legal problems. Besides I have witnessed very large motors and their controls that were built in 1909 that are still operating efficiently today because of proper maintenance.)

The site council returned to the library to continue the meeting.

Next item on agenda regarded school safety.  Juli Young provided the council with information regarding school safety.  She has been researching information on how to update West Elk's Crisis Plan.  There is major concern regarding the safety of our students should a crisis occur.  The West Elk campus could be vulnerable to any type of threat.  The way the building is constructed with several entry ways, large windows, and disconnected modular buildings makes it difficult to oversee and communicate any threat. 
Juli has looked into the possibility of hiring a School Resource Officer.  She feels the yearly salary would be approximately $32,000 including benefits.  Ian Denton asked if the county could share with that expense.  Juli stated if that were the case, then our district would have to share the officer with the county's other school district as well as with the county itself.  This would not guarantee that an officer would be on campus should a threat arise.  She has looked into a program in which the campus would hire its own officer therefore ensuring an officer would always be present during school days as well as school activities.  She is in the process right now of detailing the cost and job description to present to the school board.  Tina Jackson expressed strong support of this idea.  Thad Triboulet asked about a time line to hire an SRO if the school board were to approve the position. It was stated by Juli that if the board were to approve it, the school would begin looking to fill it immediately.

(We have had a discussion on this forum about the school shootings in the news and they all happen with in highly populated areas or suburbs of major cities. Try finding a school shooting 60 to 80 miles outside of a city? Is it possible to happen, sure anything is possible, is it probable sure it is! Is it possible or probable that one of the military helicopters that fly through our area might fall or crash onto West Elk, sure anything is possible. I know no on want to here that, but perhaps we need a bubble built over West Elk just in case. We heard about movie theater shootings near Denver, what's to prevent a shooting any of the stores in Howard, it could happen, right? Let's go over board, shall we because of what goes on in the city?)

Thad Triboulet and Tina Jackson expressed concern regarding Crisis Management plan.  They would like to see a plan developed on paper along with monthly crisis drills practiced by students and staff.  Juli stated that she would bring West Elk's Crisis Management Plan to the March meeting.

Juli shared other ideas regarding school safety such as electronic door locks for all entry doors, panic buttons that are a direct link to the sheriff's office, and classroom door locks.

Ian Denton stated that the school district needs to effectively communicate with the community.  Bert Moore agreed, sharing that the West Elk web site is currently under construction and will feature links that will possibly contain communication from the board as well as from the superintendent.  Bert suggested that the site council could also be that link to get reliable information out to the community.

Next meeting will be held in March and Ian Denton will contact members via e-mail with regards to the date and time.  Some items to be discussed at March's meeting include a clear vision and plan for the site council, continuation of the discussion of school safety, and a report of the school board meeting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST ELK SITE COUNCIL
West Elk Site Council
West Elk Jr./Sr. Library
Monday, March 7, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Members present: Tina Jackson, Kevin Weber, Chris Haag, Juli Young, Mary Mericle, Paula McAlister, Kate Perkins, Ian Denton, Julie Perkins, Stephanie Goff, Thad Triboulet

The meeting of the West Elk Site Council was called to order by President Ian Denton at 6:30 p.m. Ian began the meeting with a discussion about the purpose and vision of the site council. Juli Young presented a handout with information regarding what the purpose of a site council is, and the role a site council has in the educational community. Ian and the council felt this handout was quite helpful in clarifying the site council's purpose and role.

Ian Denton asked Juli Young if she could provide information regarding the February school board meeting. Juli stated that there were three architectural firms present that provided information on how they could help the board with any future endeavors that the board might pursue. These future plans might include items such as roof repair, air conditioning units replaced, ways to become more efficient, etc.

(Is it more efficient to replace perfectly good Air Conditioning units, just because? When it would probably take many years to regain the cost of new units? Which would not take in to account the interest on the loan to purchase them? Where is the efficiency in that? Wouldn't it make more sense to replace the units as they go bad and pay for them with money in hand, wouldn't you then realize efficiency in cost. Efficiency does not mean to throw money away does it? Building a new grade school has been in the works for over three years in my opinion! I'd only like to know who first came up with the plot, er idea?)

Juli Young also reported that she presented several school safety options that she had previously discussed with the site council.   These items included hiring a School Resource Officer, automatic locks on doors, and panic buttons. The board put the SRO to a vote, which failed 3-4. She stated that no action was taken on either the automatic locks or the panic buttons.

(Good that panic button was squashed.)

Many members of the Site Council voiced their concern as to why the school board is reluctant to pursue school safety issues. The consensus of the site council was that our school campus is vulnerable to issues regarding the safety of West Elk students, whether it be a threat from an outside source, or an issue with custody disagreements among non-custodial parents. Thad Triboulet voiced a concern about the school's liability if students were subjected to a dangerous situation on the school campus.

(I'd like to know why the council is not equally concerned with academics, education that is? Why not focus on improving the educational standards at West Elk? What are the priorities concerning educational standards at West Elk? Why is it no one address this issue?)

The Site Council would like to get opinions from the community pertaining to school safety. The council would also like to see an on-going conversation with the school board regarding the safety of our campus.
Paula McAlister requested copies of the Site Council minutes to provide to the school board. Gina Wilson will send these to Paula.

The Site Council members were offered Crisis Management notebooks and a universal procedure handout to prepare thought for future school safety conversations.

Chris Haag reported that the food backpack program is going very well. Mary Mericle also provided positive feedback regarding the backpack program.

The next meeting will be March 28th, at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting concluded at 7:45 p.m.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST ELK SITE COUNCIL
West Elk Site Council
West Elk Jr./Sr. Library
Thursday, March 28, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Members present: Paula McAlister, Chris Haag, Kevin Weber, Juli Young, Julie Perkins, Kate Perkins, Thad Triboulet, Kay Kelly, Ian Denton, Dana Mills, Gina Wilson

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. February 28th

Ian asked Juli Young for a report on the February Board meeting. Juli reported that she feels as if the school board is concerned with school safety. The board wants to ensure that whatever decisions are made regarding school safety will mesh with future plans for the West Elk campus.

Juli shared with the council that the school board has invited  Heckman and Associates back in April to discuss ideas for the school campus. Safety, efficiency, space, and the roof of the main building are among these ideas.

Juli also reported that the board has set three main goals; facilities, kids first (curriculum), and teacher retention. School safety would be addressed in the facilities part of the goals.

(By listing facilities first, doesn't that go much deeper? I mean a practice gymnasium has priority, right? Isn't that the main reason for entering into a proposed contract with the church next door. Sports is #1 right?)

Ian asked how the site council could help support the idea of promoting school safety. Juli's response was that Bert would like the site council to give a year-end report in May. This wouldbe a good opportunity for the council to address their concerns regarding school safety.

Ian Denton will be the site council's representative, and will provide the May report for the school board.  The site council discussed items that should be presented to the school board at the May meeting. These items included how the site council was formed and what our main focus has been this school year. The council feels that school  safety is our primary concern at this time. We, as a group, feel that our school campus is vulnerable due to the number of entries, the amount of windows, and the modulars. The site council would like to see an electric lock system that was presented to them by Juli Young, implemented in the West Elk campus. It is felt that this system could be adjusted to any future changes that could be made to the campus, while helping to maintain a safe environment in the meantime. Members of the council discussed the possibility of future government mandates regarding school safety, and feel it would be wise to get a jump start on the safety situation.

(Possibilities that were dreamed up and getting a jump on them by spending lots of money, that's a superb plan isn't it? What if the government did come up with something and offered to pay for new installations and yours is already in? No funds for you, huh? Great plan but only "IF", right?)

Other matters discussed by the site council included the possibility of putting up signs on the campus stating that video surveillance is in progress, to deter any possible threats. Also the council has asked Juli Young to check with the Fire Marshall about the gates that surround the modulars and whether crash gates could be used to help prevent the easy access to the modulars.

(Don't those no guns permitted work?)

Next meeting is scheduled for April 17th at 6:30.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 24, 2013, 6:30 p.m.  West Elk Library

The following members were in attendance:  Chris Haag, Kevin Weber, Gina Wilson, Tina Jackson, Ian Denton, and Kate Perkins

The meeting began with Ian Denton reporting on the results of the board meeting.  It was reported that the signage the site council had discussed in previous meetings has been put up on school grounds.

The council discussed what the purpose and goals for the new school year should be.  Tina Jackson stated she would like for the group to continue pushing school safety as a priority.  The council realizes that the school board is at a planning stage for the campus and does not want to pursue any major expenses at this time, however the council does not want the issue of school safety to be forgotten.

(The school is going to the county begging for money to run their bus system, where they should receive a righteous no. The school system has separate funding and it's own property tax and needs to learn how to budget their money.  If they can't afford to operate their buses, how can they afford to put sprinkler systems on two baseball fields and spend money on an improved football field so they look more professional? And lets not forget special seats for the gymnasium with logos and a logo placed in the gym floor for further professional appearance, shall we? It appear they have lots of money for sports, don't they? What exactly is their priorities? Wasting money on a school bus and driver to provide free transportation for the Booster's to travel to out of town games, is that a priority? Has anyone with the Booster's ever heard of carpooling and sharing the cost? Why are they using monies that are intended for the childrens education? Are they someone special that they come before the children's busing expenses? Ooop's I forgot SPORTS!)

The council discussed the possibility of a truancy officer/resource officer funded partly by the county and to be shared with Elk Valley school district.  Ian will visit with Birdie Miller about possible funding/grant money for a resource officer.  It was felt by the council that we should invite Sheriff Hanks and Birdie.

Miller to further investigate this issue.

Chris Haag reported that the Food For Kids program will be up and running as of October 4th.
The next site council meeting will be November 12th at 6:30 p.m. in the West Elk Library.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Did anyone else notice the council has gone from the original 15 members down to 6 members? I wonder why that happens?
I wonder too, how many are Elk Konnected?
All of the above listed minutes can be found at: http://www.westelk.us/site-council/
The November minutes have not yet been posted.

The last minutes for the School Board minutes posted on the West Elk  web site are for  2013-07-08 - Jul 8th, 2013 (Regular).pdf so somebody must be too busy to click a few buttons on the computer. Perhaps someone should revisit how important technology is. Oh, and communications with the community as well.)

And don't forget:

Be SMART, be SENSIBLE, be FRUGAL, re-open the Moline Grade School and save millions and problems solved.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just say," NO "

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 27, 2013, 05:21:56 AM
This one isn't written for the sheep.  Only we barbarians can understand it. 

http://www.radixjournal.com/journal/becoming-the-new-barbarians

I found this to be a very good article Redcliffsw, interesting read.

I find I must be a barbarian because I don't agree with them --- the so called elite --- and their desire to borrow money un-necessarily to build an un-needed grade school redesigned as extensions to West Elk.
I don't agree with their like mindedness and liberal thinking of progressive waste.

Yep, that makes me a barbarian and for sure because my thinking that improving educational standards is far more important and reversing the Dumbing Down of America is far more important than the emphasis on SPORTS!

And I suppose, because, I don't run around with the new fangled, high tech beggars tin cup begging for money and calling it donations, to fulfill my own desires for self recognition --- I must surely be a barbarian.

And because I don't run around telling people to volunteer for my causes, I must be a barbarian.

Why do you suppose, I don't use those simple tools of control?

They are great tools for fooling people into doing what you want them to do and control people through guilt, aren't they?

I mean, if you as an elite can't dazzle them with brilliance, you can often baffle them with bull shit ---right?
RIGHT?

You too can be a Barbarian just say "NO":

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, re-open the Moline Grade School and save millions and problems solved.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just say," NO "

Ross

What is frugality?
Does it only apply to people?
Shouldn't it apply to Government?
Isn't the School Board Government?
Doesn't the critical thinking they want taught to students apply to them as well?

Anything but frugal is wasteful or simply trying to show up the Joneses in my opinion.

Here is an article I read on frugal attitude.

Waste Not, Want Not: Lessons in Frugality for Children

Written by Meg Dickey, Contributing Writer

As we seek to train our children well, one of our family's major learning points is to teach our children the art of frugality. Frugality is making good choices with the resources God has given you - this includes your brain, as I am apt to remind my children. :-)

I have heard many times from other parents, "I just want my kids to have the best I can give them." OF COURSE! We all desire our children to have good things, and to be happy.

However, happiness does not come from things, nor does it come with being handed everything you think you want. Teaching our children to make wise decisions is one of the best ways we can ensure their happiness.

Understand why you are teaching this skill.

As Christians, we are called to instruct our children with wisdom. "Listen to advice, and accept instruction, and in the end, you will be wise" Proverbs 19:20. We are teaching our children to examine the way we live our lives - "Is there a better way? Can we do this with less money? Can we avoid waste here? Is this the only place we can buy this? Does anyone around us have something we need, so we can trade?"

We can't just stop there, however! The danger in the frugal lifestyle is to end up just as self-focused as the world around us.

Our children need to know our frugality has an even higher purpose and calling for us as Christians. When we take care of what God has blessed us with, we are showing those around us a living example of Him. We are called to be good stewards:

"Herein lies the fundamental principle of biblical stewardship – the fundamental principle of all Christianity, in fact: We own nothing. God owns everything; we are simply managers. The Bible says, "You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth" (Deuteronomy 8:17-18).

As humbling as this sounds, we don't bring anything to the table. It's all God's. This principle carries some heavy implications. First, since God owns it all, he holds the rights that come with ownership. Since we only have what we have been allowed to have, then we operate primarily in the realm of responsibilities. Hear that clearly: God has rights; we have responsibilities. God has entrusted us with certain resources, gifts and abilities. These things rightfully belong to him. Our responsibility is to live by that trust by managing these things well, according to His design and desire."

from Bible.org, emphasis added
Once our children realized that it's wasn't just about saving money, we saw a real heart change in their attitudes. Instead of the complaining about not getting their "favorite", they reminded me to buy the other brand, "So there will be more for us to share with our friends." It's not always about getting the most for your money - sometimes it's just about having more to share with those less fortunate.
Explain, and then live it.

Our family's choices - about where we live, how we live, how we eat, how much we eat, how we dress, where we obtain our clothes, what we drive - it's all a part of a bigger picture.

Our children see us living our lives every day. If we don't take the time to tell them WHY, they will end up like so many children I have heard saying: "Mom and Dad just don't want us to have nice things. They make me feel so stupid by making me wear old clothes, and they are SO embarrassing when they show up in that old clunker of a car!" The most heartrending of the comments was "If this is how I have to be if I'm a Christian, I don't want to be a Christian anymore." That cannot be the end result of our frugal penny-pinching.

Our children need to know why we choose to eat real, whole foods; why we drive an older car that can run off veggie oil; why we choose to shop at thrift stores; why we grow or trade our own food instead of buying it. Everything we do, we do it all to glorify the Name of the Lord. We strive to be a living example of doing the best we can with what we have been blessed with.

Live it practically.

Our family teaches frugality every day. We remind our children to open a window curtain for light, rather then using electricity. We stay a little warmer in summer, and a little cooler in winter - because clothing is cheaper to adjust than the thermostat. We grow or trade for most of our food, allowing our children to realize the blessing of fresh, whole foods.

When we do go to a grocery store, our children help make the list, and they are allowed to gently (and respectfully!) remind Moma "That's not on our list, so we will be spending more." Our boys know the true value of cars as transportation, and why we don't allow ourselves to become a slave to them. [Case in point: our oldest pointed to a lifted, "tricked out" truck the other day, and stated "What a waste of money, Moma!"] We teach math in the Farmer's Market stalls, explaining how to get more for our money by buying in season, while sharing how spending it at a place where the farmer gets more of the money is wise, too.
Each small step we take with our children is one that is closer to a greater understanding of our commitment to those around us, our earth, and our Savior. Frugality is a path we chose for our family. Our children are growing and learning right alongside us.

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2011/05/waste-not-want-not-lessons-in-frugality-for-children.html

redcliffsw

Ross, good post for sure. 

The socialists believe that you should share your money by and thru the government on whatever gets the most votes or that the tyrants and elitists deem necessary for the good of the public or community.   

Are Republicans conservative?  No.  They want to take your money thru the government and spend on their favorite stuff.  Meanwhile, they will keep as much of their own money as they can and get what they can for themselves by and thru government.

Can we describe Republicans as socialists?  Yes Sir!  Absolutely!  Socialism is the basis of the Republican party that tracks all the way back to Abe Lincoln.

You stay right in there.

Ross

I attended the Elk County Commissioners meeting this morning which was pretty much business as usual.

The only thing I can tell you is I did not see the West Elk School Superintendent or the West Elk Transportation employee there to beg for money to help with their bus expenses.

Maybe they came to a realization that it is not the County's job to finance the School District.

But guess what? I may have found some help for them, simply by reading the news.
Our wind farm here in Elk County is owned by TradeWind Energy™ and it appears they have been donating in Oklahoma, perhaps all West Elk needs to do is beg them for money or ask them to donate a couple of School Buses to the West Elk School District.

Yeah, asking for donations is just a politically correct term for begging.

After all I had read where TradeWind Energy™ gave the people in one area in Oklahoma $3,000,000 a year for the same size wind farm we have, and we get just a little under $1,000,000. I believe due to poor negotiations on the part of our Kounty Kommissioners at the time.

Any way West Elk School Board and administrators feast your eyes on the possibility of some big bucks.

Developer Donates 2 School Buses To Okla. District
  Published 6:45 am, Friday, December 27, 2013

SHIDLER, Okla. (AP) — The developers of a new wind farm in Osage County have donated two new school buses to a rural Oklahoma district.

TradeWind Energy delivered the new buses last week to Shidler Public Schools. The idea came about after a TradeWind official attended a Shidler school board meeting to share details of the planned Mustang Run wind project in Osage County, said Laurie Roberts, a spokeswoman for the Kansas-based company. But once there, TradeWind employee Aaron Weigel heard about the district's aging bus fleet and the costliness of maintaining the vehicles.

"We strive to be active participants in the communities in which we develop, and we simply couldn't look the other way," Weigel said. "I attended a school that reminds me very much of this one, so I know what it's like when a bus breaks down on a dirt road in February, 45 minutes into your hour-long ride.

"To be able to provide the district with some relief, while playing a role in transporting this precious cargo — we couldn't think of a better Christmas gift," Weigel said.

TradeWind is in the process of developing a 136-megawatt wind project in central Osage County, near Burbank. It'll be the latest Oklahoma wind farm for TradeWind, joining the Chisholm View wind project in Garfield and Grant counties and Rocky Ridge in Washita and Kiowa counties.

According to The Examiner-Enterprise, (http://bit.ly/K9ISof ) TradeWind has committed to paying all costs associated with the lease of two buses to the Shidler district for three years.

"I guess Santa's sleigh is big and yellow in Osage County this year," Shidler School Superintendent John Herzig said.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/energy/article/Developer-donates-2-school-buses-to-Okla-district-5095955.php

End of story, can you handle it?

A reminder:

Be SMART, be SENSIBLE, be FRUGAL, re-open the Moline Grade School and save millions and problems solved.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just Tell The Elite " NO "

Patriot

Quote from: ROSS on December 31, 2013, 10:34:51 AM
I attended the Elk County Commissioners meeting this morning which was pretty much business as usual.

The only thing I can tell you is I did not see the West Elk School Superintendent or the West Elk Transportation employee there to beg for money to help with their bus expenses.

Maybe they came to a realization that it is not the County's job to finance the School District.

And it's a good thing, too.  For USD 282, a corporate body with taxing powers, to even consider such a move would be the ultimate in Progressive arrogance.  They already raised property taxes for every property owner in the school district, partially offsetting the property tax reductions envisioned by a majority of the county commissioners. 

How much self centered thievery must the taxpayers be expected to endure?  Perhaps the school board will someday realize they have a trust obligation to the taxpayers as well as the students.  Perhaps, someday, Job 1 will again become Excellence in Education and they will reign in their Big Ideas in favor of rational expenditures designed to maintain that with which the taxpayers have provided them. Things like improved curriculum, competitive teacher pay & incentives, existing infrastructure maintenance, more frugal space usage, and, yes, school buses.  These, it seems, would be a much better use of taxpayer dollars than the 'new gym' and 'rob the county coffers approach.

Then again, there's always the next election where taxpayers & voters might have the chance to replace current members who seem to follow the Obamanomics method of tax and spend on a whim.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on December 31, 2013, 10:28:46 PM
And it's a good thing, too.  For USD 282, a corporate body with taxing powers, to even consider such a move would be the ultimate in Progressive arrogance.  They already raised property taxes for every property owner in the school district, partially offsetting the property tax reductions envisioned by a majority of the county commissioners. 

How much self centered thievery must the taxpayers be expected to endure?  Perhaps the school board will someday realize they have a trust obligation to the taxpayers as well as the students.  Perhaps, someday, Job 1 will again become Excellence in Education and they will reign in their Big Ideas in favor of rational expenditures designed to maintain that with which the taxpayers have provided them. Things like improved curriculum, competitive teacher pay & incentives, existing infrastructure maintenance, more frugal space usage, and, yes, school buses.  These, it seems, would be a much better use of taxpayer dollars than the 'new gym' and 'rob the county coffers approach.

Then again, there's always the next election where taxpayers & voters might have the chance to replace current members who seem to follow the Obamanomics method of tax and spend on a whim.

Perhaps we can get some people on the School Board, that are not affiliated with special interests.

You know, people that don't use coded words like "Quality of Life"  and "Community Wellness" and "Physical Image" and "Youth Development" all of which lack any explanation of how to accomplish them, rendering them useless. A whole lot like that Obama thingy --- hope and change, don't ya reckon?

Perhaps, we could get people that are interested in the protocol of educating all of the children of Elk County! And perhaps throw in some protocol of serving the taxpayer in an honorable fashion!

Perhaps, some people interested in spending money to maintain what is available to work with efficiently, instead of wasting money at $85 an hour for a salesman/contractor.

Perhaps people they would not waste as much as possibly $3000.00 dollars to run a Bond Election they have already decided will be a failure. And that was stated at a School Board meeting, that they will run another Bond Issue when this Second Bond Issue fails. Yes, we just had a bond issue a couple of years ago and they were told "NO". This is a no brainer and lacks Critical Thinking, if they actually continue this line of thinking!

The Critical Thinking that the School Board has made a Goal of being taught to students, states that they should question their prejudices, and to seriously consider all options. Some of those prejudices:
1.   would include their place of residence,
2.   the placement of their loyalties,
3.   their affiliation with other government entities
4.   their affiliation with privately owned companies, LLC's,
         Just to name a few possibilities.

One more prejudice could be, who they represent in fulfilling their responsibilities as School Board meetings.

Where is all that Critical Thinking?
I can't seem to find it happening, can you?

Critical Thinking also requires asking a whole lot of questions, where are all those questions?

If they employed Critical Thinking, I believe they would stop all this foolishness of wasting taxpayers' dollars, don't you?

And please remember you have the POWER of the VOTE.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just Tell The Elite " NO "

Patriot

Quote from: ROSS on January 01, 2014, 09:05:04 AM
...Perhaps people they would not waste as much as possibly $3000.00 dollars to run a Bond Election they have already decided will be a failure. And that was stated at a School Board meeting, that they will run another Bond Issue when this Second Bond Issue fails. Yes, we just had a bond issue a couple of years ago and they were told "NO". This is a no brainer and lacks Critical Thinking, if they actually continue this line of thinking!

Since the days of their ideological Father, Karl Marx, the socialists, communists, statists, leftists, Progressives, 'moderates' (or whatever they call themselves this year) have no concept of being told "no".  They have been using the same techniques to undermine & destroy the principles of a representative republic for decades... and are sadly having considerable success.  It's no coincidence that the very institution that fails to adequately instruct our youth on the failures of socialism/communism by contrasting it with the vast successes of our Republic is being 'managed' by the products of its' failed curricula.  Garbage in - garbage out.

But, not to worry, the local Konnected elitists who are helping Obama, Sebilius, Holder, Soros and others fundamentally transform America into their vision of a Managed Utopia (with them at the top) are alive, well & hard at work in every kornor of the country.  Even little old Elk Kounty.  And they are a determined bunch, even if the price is your individual liberty, wealth (theft by excess taxation) & choice   History records a time when such as these were run out of town on a rail... or worse.  What a society we've become. 

May God help our children & grandchildren!

Ross

Patriot have you noticed noticed there has been no rebuttals to what we have been pointing out?

Are the elite speechless?

There is just no proper rebuttal to the truth is there?

And please remember you have the POWER of the VOTE. When this comes about encourage your friends to vote as well.

Be SMART, Be SENSIBLE, Be FRUGAL, Just Tell The Elite " NO " [/quote]

Patriot

Quote from: ROSS on January 01, 2014, 06:07:42 PM
Patriot have you noticed noticed there has been no rebuttals to what we have been pointing out?

Are the elite speechless?

There is just no proper rebuttal to the truth is there?

Maybe they are following their Dear Leader's (Obama) format:  Say nothing and perhaps nobody will notice.  That's a fantasy akin to a small child holding their hands over their eyes and saying, "You can't see me."

Or, perhaps, there is just no proper rebuttal to the truth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk