Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Well here we go again with my opinion.

Isn't that what the editor of the newspaper does when he writes an Editorial.

The only difference is you and I pay to read his opinion.

This week his opinion is " It's Not A Time For State GOP To Lean on Their Fears"

He goes on to say:
"The Republican leadership in Kansas Legislature wants to dispense with Common Core State Standards for math and reading in public schools.

He also says, They fear losing control over what is being taugh tour students in public schools."

Well, I ask you Mr. Editor why shouldn't they be concerned?

Why shouldn't we all be concerned about what is taught in our Kansas Schools and I include you in this questions?

Do you want to turn every aspect of our lives over to the Federal Government?
Do you trust the Federal Government exclusively?

If so would you suggest doing away with local and state governments.

You give absolutely no substantial information why the Common Core is so great, just an obscure statement that all but a handful of states want it. Big Deal.

Do we have to be like everyone else, is that your thought?

He states: "Mean while students in todays Kansas schools might well miss out on another opportunity for academic improvement."
The key word is might and on the other hand is a might not isn't there? So you really don't take a stand do you? Just a political move to confuse the issues isn't it?

If you think we don't need Kansas legislature and the controversy that goes with it, why do you vote for those clowns?
Why not just dissolve state government and unify with the Federal Government and let them govern our state. Wasn't unification one of the big ideas of Elk Konnected, LLC on page one of this thread? Are you still affiliated with Elk Konnected, LLC?

You sir have just confirmed what I have posted here on this thread about teaching standards being so low. My personal opinion is, that it is the function of the local school boards, to improve the teaching with in their respective districts through leadership.

Well, just for added information, I am posting information, I received by e-mail today and I am sorry to say, I can not disclose who it came from and the reason will be obvious in the very first sentence but a teacher is involved. Try to keep an open mind.

I need to stay in this job for 4 more years. After that, I will say as I please, as loudly as I please.  For now, I buck it with quiet rebellion, sit in the back; we speak under our breath, and know that there are several of us not conforming.  We show up, sign in, absorb enough of the propaganda to know what it is that is being spewed and refuse to do it.  Today's propaganda was ridiculous!!!!  We have all been labeled as the rabble rousers....I think it is funny!  Lol!

you are a very strong person I don't think I could listen to the liberal stuff they are trying to teach our kids. Thanks for standing against common core.

Today is a non-student day. We are in a Common Core workshop. Our school has a faculty of about 130...a handful of us vehemently oppose the Communist Core, we are together in the back of the room watching Ted Cruz on a laptop!!! The presenter is a "gifted" English teacher. Last year, in a faculty meeting, she admitted she didn't know what the "Federalist Papers" were. I almost fell out of my seat....! She is now using an article on apartheid to demonstrate non-fiction reading in the classroom. It is written with an OBVIOUS liberal slant! This is the kind of stuff we are SUPPOSED TO BE teaching. She is a typical mealy-mouthed liberal sheep!

Don't you find anything, in what is said in that message that should be questioned about the Common Core?
Changing what is taught is not going to correct the low teaching standards, again, I repeat that is the responsibility of the local school boards through leadership to improve the teaching standards. It is not a function for the Federal Government is it? They are not here locally following what is going on inside the school building or the class room are they?

And I must add that doing an end run around the voters building a Taj Mahl of a building is not a means of improving teaching standards.  But is rather despicable, to say the least and shows poor leadership, in my opinion. And sir, if you would do some real reporting and maybe investigate, what I am saying perhaps you would be a real reporter, instead of a politician. Just my opinion.

Diane Amberg

Do you know anything about Common Core, who developed it and why, what it entails and how it is to be taught? Please share what you think you know.

Ross

I see the figment of my imagination has returned.
My oh my what to do?
Is there a shrink in the house.
I don't respond to figments of my imagination, especially long distant ones, sorry figment!

So speaking of figments of the imagination, what has happened to Elk Konnected, LLC and all their followers?
Isn't it time for Elk Konnected, LLC to have their community conversation in order to maintain their membership and their accreditation with that little corporation known as Public Squares Communities, INC?

If they don't holed their community conversation will Public Squares drop their Accreditation?

But seriously folks, I appreciate you taking the time to read this thread and especially those that continue to download and/or view all the documents at https://app.box.com/s/7nbnimqqr6b2tkzudw6f .

If there is anything anyone would like added to the documents please feel free to PM me.

I Hope each of you have a great weekend.

Ross

PRO's & CON's

A figment of my imagination has asked what I know about the Common Core!

Well, I don't really need a shrink, because it is a healthy thing to ask questions of things that really matter.
1.   I believe our children matter!
2.   I believe our rights under the Constitution matters!
3.   I believe our choice of religion matters!
4.   I believe our Federal Government has often over stepped it boundaries!
5.              I believe that local people should be responsible enough to teach our children.
6.              I believe the Common Core leaves too much out.

My response is very simple, there are pro's and con's to everything!
There even pro's and con's to NGO's, religions, laws, rules and I think we have each experienced that through this thread.

When we set back and listen to the Federal Government or State Government or any single group and only listen to them and their well planned programs to persuade us to believe them and only them that everything is a positive move, we accept the consequences later down the road. Again, everything has its pro's and con's. When we are told otherwise, we are being lied to.

When our governing bodies who are elected to work for us, don't work for us, they are then morally wrong. I.E. the West Elk USD 282 was told by vote "NO" don't build a new school and are simply doing an end run around the vote by building wings or extensions to an existing building ---- that is morally wrong.

Why?
1.   They shut down two buildings claiming they could not afford to keep them open, which saved the district 200 and some thousand dollars.
2.   They spent nearly 500 thousand dollars installing portable buildings.
3.   They asked the voters to approve a new grade school building on the present campus near Howard, Kansas they were told, "NO"
4.   They seem to be ignoring all the studies they have had over the last couple of years.
5.   They have a building that was designed to house 600 children and only have 300 and some children enrolled.
6.   They recognize that the population is declining which means fewer students.
7.   They are spending money hand over fist on a contractor that first stated that their ideas would cost 1.2 million dollars and then the next meeting stated due to inflation that the cost would be closer to 6 million dollars and then revised it to 3 million dollars and still said inflation might cause the expense to go higher. (Why are they still dealing with this contractor?)
8.   There is still a grade school sitting empty in Moline that would be far cheaper to re-open in my opinion and which would provide ever thing they are wanting to build.
9.   A school board member recently said at a board meeting, what they really need is a separate building for the grade school children. (See #8)
In my opinion this all adds up to an immoral waste of taxpayers dollars!
I must however to be fair and ask why are they doing this immoral act of wasting taxpayers dollars?
Who are they trying to appease?
What is the real purpose?

I doubt we will ever get the real answer, what do you think?

Are you willing to pay 4 mil in higher property taxes each year for the next 8 years?
That is the only plan I see to pay for what they want to build, because they won't say where the money is coming from.

Will they start building and then find the 4 mil property tax levy isn't enough and then tell you that you have to approve a multi-million dollar bond issue to complete the job?

All while the enrollment is declining!

On the issue of the common core, I will say it is up to each individual to make up their own mind, just as the issue of building more school discussed above.

Here are a few links that you might find helpful:

What Obama wants you to think the Pro: http://get2core.org/national/what-is-common-core/standards

On this link you will find a home page button that will take you to pro's and Con's on many subjects: http://standardizedtests.procon.org/

Teachers against Common Core: http://whatiscommoncore.wordpress.com/tag/teachers-against-common-core/

10 Cons of Common Core Curriculum: http://easley.patch.com/groups/editors-picks/p/10-cons-of-common-core-curriculum

Common Core Corrupts: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/338428/common-core-corrupts-michelle-malkin

There is so much more to read and study on this Common Core subject by simply Googling "Common Core or Pro's and Con's of Common Core".

I leave it up to you the individual to make your on decisison.

Personally I believe it is a responsibility of our local officials to the School Board to utilize the School Superintendent and School Principle to ensure that our children are being taught locally. That is called leadership!

The School Superintendent and School Principle should be making monthly reports as to how they are improving teaching standards and raising the education levels of all children. Also the School Superintendent should be removed from the Elected Officials board, that board being represented by the table at which they sit. He is simply an employee of the school Board not a member of the board. By applying the proper protocols to the meeting, then and only then does true leadership show its face among these elected officials! That is my personal opinion. In the meantime they are only sitting there pretending leadership.

I also believe it would also be helpful if they chose to be more loyal to the public at large, the taxpayers, than to an NGO, those that are loyal to an NGO know who they are.

Please feel free to ignore anything I say, I will not be offended. That is perhaps a pro to some of you.

redcliffsw

Ross, sounds good to me.  Government programs are worthless unless one prefers tyranny.

A Bolshevik would say "never mind".  They'll disregard anything you and other liberty minded people say as they prefer government interference in the markets and in the lives and minds of people.  The government schools have been indoctrinating for more than a hundred years and they will continue striving to make improvements and advances for their cause.  Even with a 'conservative' school board, it does not mean much in a government school system with government rules.

Stay on 'em.

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on September 28, 2013, 08:48:38 AM
Ross, sounds good to me.  Government programs are worthless unless one prefers tyranny.

A Bolshevik would say "never mind".  They'll disregard anything you and other liberty minded people say as they prefer government interference in the markets and in the lives and minds of people.  The government schools have been indoctrinating for more than a hundred years and they will continue striving to make improvements and advances for their cause.  Even with a 'conservative' school board, it does not mean much in a government school system with government rules.

Stay on 'em.

Referring to the figment of my imagination. To bad that figment can't see the trees for the forest. LOL!

Forrest Gump sure could.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 27, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
Do you know anything about Common Core, who developed it and why, what it entails and how it is to be taught? Please share what you think you know.

Sheesh....
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

I never said I approved of Common Core. ::) I just asked what Ross thought he knew about it. Now jump back down in your holes with the rest of the gophers and entertain each other. Most are ignoring you. You have no idea what you want or how to impliment it, ya just know what ya think ya don't want, which is useless. You do not play well with others. CCTP

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 29, 2013, 09:22:19 AM
I never said I approved of Common Core. ::) I just asked what Ross thought he knew about it. Now jump back down in your holes with the rest of the gophers and entertain each other. Most are ignoring you. You have no idea what you want or how to impliment it, ya just know what ya think ya don't want, which is useless. You do not play well with others. CCTP

You are quite right figment some don't play well with others!
Some have no opinion except what are fed to them by NGO or other type organizations.
Some lack the ability to think for themselves.
And I think it is you figment that most ignore.
However, I  personally have an affliction that won't let me ignore you.

What I know tends to worry you because you don't know what I know and you really want to know what I know.
Or me thinks, you would not ask.

I did take a little time to provide you with some links so you could edumacate yourself and form your own opinion.
Did I get a thank you? "NO".

Did you agree there are pro's and con's to everything? Of course not.
And I expect that as an Elk Konnected Follower!
The organization is always right, right?
What do you say we federalize everything"
Federalize city, county and state governments, schools and hospitals, just everything how does that sound?

Moving on, can West Elk expect a small contribution from you of, say 6 Million, to build a school as a monument to Elk Konnected Followers?

TTFN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk