Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Ready,

I think  it would be real interesting to hear if their group has any real answers on how to improve the "Quality of Life" and how to "Strengthen Families" and what role they would play in a providing a stronger education as a privately owned company!

Will they be provicing more money to the school districts from their own coffers to provide better pay for and provide ofr hiring more teachers?

Perhaps the Wilson County community might share their experience and knowledge with us!

I wonder, will Konnected Kounty Kommissioners be successful at being re-elected to County Commissioner?

Is the existing trajectory of Elk County spending, taxation and administrative practices sustainable?

Perhaps the basic problem is not cyclical, perhaps it is structural?

Perhaps the time to act is now.

Don't you think?

If everything is cool with you change nothing. It is actually that easy!
Remember, my opinions are my own, please stick to your own opinions, and your own principles.

Let's get out the vote.  

Ross

I appreciate the compliment I recently received.

However, I must be honest, I had no idea what I was doing when I started this thread. But with the continuation of EK refusing to show documentation of anyone making even one of the suggestions on their list and refusing to communicate honestly and openly (IMHO) on the internet, (specifically this forum and thread) as they said they would. That followed by the continued exploitation of the county children and a county employee (IMHO), and with the no one openly claiming to be Konnected with the exception of two county commissioners and the five people listed as the steering committee claiming to be Konnected, it just started smelling fishier and fishier to me and several other people apparently. Just how does that qualify a privately owned company as a community organization?

I too, am tired of the repetition, of both my own and Elk Konnected, LLC!

I'm tired of asking the same questions over and over~

As long as questions go unanswered, as a concerned taxpaying citizen of Elk County, I feel compelled to ask the questions. Thank You!

I'm tired of the repetition IMHO, of Elk Konnected, LLC exploiting our county children and our County Government via our Konnected Kounty Kommissioners and Konnected Kounty Youth Development Employee.

What other claim does Elk Konnected, LLC have as sponsor of the Elk Konnected, LLC have as a sponsor of the Elk County Summer Day Camps?

What claim other then Konnected Kounty Kommissioners and Konnected Kounty Youth Development Employee, whose loyalty should lie with Elk County after all it's not Elk Konnected, LLC that voted two of them into office or pays their wages, is it?

Who's idea is it to give tax breaks to a few in Elk County via a proposed  Community Revitalization Program? Is that another of  Elk Konnected, LLC idea's?

Didn't Konnected Kounty Kommissioner Hendricks just tell us in last weeks newspaper that the state is cutting funding to various organizations and that those organizations are asking Elk County for more money?  Someone has to pay for the free bus transportation and other services right? Yes, folks the cuts are coming home, so how can anyone justify property tax cuts called rebates for anyone? Let's see the county commissioners provide documented proof that giving property tax cuts called rebates to anyone will increase the population by as little as 10%, how about 5% or even as little as 2% ? You can not do it, right?

Won't you Please give us some answers Konnected Kounty Kommissioners and/or Elk Konnected, LLC ?

One more very important question! Because of being a privately owned company isn't it possible that Elk Konnected, LLC's close ties with our county government, couldn't you be considered more of a small political group rather then a community organization?

Folks, I only suggest that you bear in mind the answers we receive  or do not receive when you step in to the both to mark your voting ballot.

We know they are following every word on this thread and they have had every opportunity and have ample time to respond.

Are they all about Elk Konnected or are they all about Elk County?

I wonder, will Konnected Kounty Kommissioners be successful at being re-elected to County Commissioner?

Is the existing trajectory of Elk County spending, taxation and administrative practices sustainable?

Don't you think?

Remember, my opinions are my own, please stick to your own opinions, and your own principles.

Let's get out the vote.  

[/quote]

Oldtimer

I agree, let's get out the vote to keep Ken and Liz in office. Don't let Ross and his personal dislikes sway your vote.

Ross

Quote from: Oldtimer on July 30, 2012, 05:12:29 PM
I agree, let's get out the vote to keep Ken and Liz in office. Don't let Ross and his personal dislikes sway your vote.

Oh, I completely agree with you Oldtimer!

No one should make a voting decision on what I or anyone else likes or dislikes.

But since you are talking about my dislikes would you be good enough to tell us what they are?
Here, I'll give you a starter, okay?
I don't like the possibility of giving property tax breaks called rebates to a few people while there is the possibility that my and my neighbors and your neighbors property taxes may be increased.

Now would you please complete the dislike list?

Quote from: Oldtimer on July 30, 2012, 05:12:29 PM

Oldtimer, that sounds like a vote for Elk Konnected, LLC is it?
Why not a refreshing change instead?

Don't you think?

Let's get out the vote.  

[/quote]

Patriot

Or perhaps folks could look at actual budget numbers, verifiable results and the fact they've been handed the highest mill levies in the state of Kansas in recent years and then decide what's really in their best interests.  Unless, of course you have some relevant facts to add to your admonition... other than your blind support for a Democrat and a Democrat turned Republican.  Real issues matter.

If this election were really all about Ross' personal likes or dislikes, you might be on to something... but I don't believe this election has anything to do with Ross. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Speaking of facts... try these on for size as you vote for those to whom you will be giving the power to tax.
Click the picture to enlarge... but sit down first.

upoladeb

no he's just the one with enough back bone to put his self up to ridicule to bring things to peoples attetion

Patriot

Quote from: upoladeb on July 30, 2012, 06:08:05 PM
no he's just the one with enough back bone to put his self up to ridicule to bring things to peoples attetion

upoladeb you're right.  That kind of courage is hard to find these days.  The real shame is how many people are unwilling to take an objective look at the info being presented.

readyaimduck

I agree with most of you.  Read on, please..
Unfortunately Elk County is a small county with small communities. 
Everyone knows everyone, their families from the 1800's as well as thier own past. 
No one wants to make enemies when they may have to depend on one of the resources.

Ross just happened to stand up to a well known name, and called them out based on actions.
I agree that takes gutz.
I took on the opposite of Ross to get the facts.  They are out there, albeit sketchy.

Good luck with your election, and irrespective of political labels....vote your conscience, and gut...not your emotions.

ready

Ross

Really folks I appreciate the extra kind words.

But the truth is, I'm just an old fool, that believes in the truth and have no patience for the twisting of words.

For instance calling a kick back or a reduction of property tax by calling it a rebate is just twisted.

Reducing property tax for the 1% while the possibility of raising property taxes for the 99% is just wrong, IMHO! And for three years to boot! Maybe longer before it all done and signed. Pardon me OWS! LOL

And really, who is behind this proposed program called the "Neighborhood Revitalization Program"?

And I do believe, the State of Kansas reccommends not using the program for rural use? So why?

Do the people that can afford to build expensive homes or barns really need a tax break?'

Isn't that just a form of Welfare for a few people with money, that dont want to pay their fair share of property taxes for the opportunity of living in Beautiful Elk County?

I believe FDR explained it real well in 1935 when he said:

In his 1935 State of the Union message, Franklin D. Roosevelt said,"The lessons of history show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

And isn't that all, that the proposed program called the "Neighborhood Revitalization Program" is? Just relief for a few!

If you are happy with the present trending of our Elk County Government in what I consider, pulling the wool over our eyes with double talk and the lack of transparency in our government leave well enough alone.

Don't you think?

Let's get out the vote.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk