Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

Very interesting reading! So are they for-profit or not-for-profit? If they are not-for-profit, we should be allowed to see records of public funds!

Chapter 45: Public Records, Documents And Information

Article 2: Records Open To Public

Statute 45-240: Recordkeeping requirements for certain not-for-profit entities. (a) Each not-for-profit entity that receives public funds in an aggregated amount of $350 or more per year shall be required to document the receipt and expenditure of such funds. Subject to the provisions of subsection (b), each not-for-profit entity which receives public funds in an aggregated amount of $350 or more per year, shall, upon request, make available to any requester a copy of documentation of the receipt and expenditure of such public funds received by such not-for-profit entity. If such not-for-profit entity's accounting practice does not segregate public funds from other fund sources, the not-for-profit entity's entire accounting of its expenditures and receipts shall be open to the public. The reporting requirements of this section shall commence on the first day of the fiscal year of such not-for-profit entity which occurs on or after July 1, 2005, and continue for each fiscal year thereafter.
       (b) (1)   Except as provided in paragraph (3), any not-for-profit entity that receives public funds that is required by law or the terms of a grant, contract or other agreement to file a written financial report which includes the receipt of public funds and the expenditure of such funds with an agency of the United States, an agency of this state or any political or taxing subdivision thereof, shall be deemed to have fulfilled the requirements of this section upon filing such report. Otherwise an itemized invoice or statement by the not-for-profit entity of the amount of public funds received and the expenditure therefor shall be deemed to have complied with the requirements of this section when such itemized invoice or statement is filed with an agency of the United States, an agency of this state or any political or taxing subdivision thereof, that provided the public funds to the not-for-profit entity.

(2)   Any report referred to in paragraph (1) of this subsection, shall be deemed to be a public record of the agency of this state or any political or taxing subdivision thereof and subject to inspection or disclosure in accordance with the Kansas open records act.

(3)   Any not-for-profit entity which receives public funds may file in the office of the secretary of state or make available for review in such not-for-profit entity's office, a copy of the detailed audit or accounting of public funds received by such not-for-profit entity.

(c)   Each not-for-profit entity may charge and require advance payment of a reasonable fee for providing access to or furnishing copies of documentation of the receipt and expenditure of public funds as required by this section. Such fee shall be determined in the same manner as for a public agency pursuant to K.S.A. 45-219 and amendments thereto. A fee for copies of documentation of the receipt and expenditure of public funds which is equal to or less than $.25 per page shall be deemed a reasonable fee.

(d)   The provisions of this section shall not apply to any:

(1)   Health care provider;

(2)   individual person;

(3)   for profit corporation; or

(4)   partnership.

(e)   For the purposes of this section: (1) "Health care provider" shall have the meaning ascribed to it in K.S.A. 65-4915 and amendments thereto. Health care provider shall also include any:

(A)   Not-for-profit dental service corporation doing business in this state pursuant to K.S.A. 40-19a01 et seq. and amendments thereto;

(B)   not-for-profit medical and hospital corporation doing business in this state pursuant to K.S.A. 40-19c01 et seq. and amendments thereto;

(C)   indigent health care clinic as such term is defined in K.S.A. 75-6102 and amendments thereto; and

(D)   adult care home as such term is defined in K.S.A. 39-923 and amendments thereto.

(2)   "Public funds" means any moneys received from the United States, the state of Kansas or any political or taxing subdivision thereof, or any officer, board, commission or agency thereof.

History:   L. 2005, ch. 126, ยง 8; July 1.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

So which is it Elk Konnected, LLC?  For profit or non-profit?  If you are afraid to answer here, you can let the public know in your next "I love me" piece in the Prairie Star or Country Living magazine.  Or, just stay silent, and keep taking public funds and using county resources.  In the meantime, we'll keep asking:  Who are the owners of Elk Konnected, LLC, and what's their private agenda?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

I guess they are to bashful to communicate with Elk County citizens,
perhaps that's why the have gone to Greenwood County, what do you think?

But really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really cool questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

readyaimduck

Don't think you will get the answers Ross.   
They (whoever they are)  have perhaps moved on, or just laying low.  And, as so eloquently put....we don't have to tell you chit!

Some of us will be waiting for the 'dang ole varmit that keeps taking our (insert ) money/priveleges/bandwidths/taxes/, etc
That is why I was interested.
I can't proove anything...and I don't live in Elk County...however I may think ....and I will get trashed for this:
Something happened in 2009 that went different than expected.

Otherwise, if it is such a great organization....then why the tail-coating on the county's budget (other then a back door loophole?
It should be regenerating funds on it's own merits.

And if they are a great social entity, then I would like to see it spread like wildfire, to bring back new growth, not a burnpile for a one night barb-bque pit.

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 10, 2011, 08:33:11 PM
Otherwise, if it is such a great organization....then why the tail-coating on the county's budget (other then a back door loophole?  It should be regenerating funds on it's own merits.

And shouldn't be co-opting other county/city employees to do their bidding thus further securing their ride on the taxpayer's dime.  Good post, ready.

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 10, 2011, 08:33:11 PM

It should be regenerating funds on it's own merits.

And if they are a great social entity, then I would like to see it spread like wildfire, to bring back new growth, not a burnpile for a one night barb-bque pit.

Now, that's a good question Ready, what merit does Elk Konnected have?
What are their actual core values, principles, ethics?

Nice job Ready.

My electricity is out and I don't know how long this battery is going to last, ain"t it fun.
Almost bed time anyway.

Patriot

Remember the good old days when private organizations had bake sales, pancake feeds n such to raise funds for special activities for kids?  Now it's a new breed who are constantly trying to dip into the public trough.  At least then the monies raised were given voluntarily instead of taken as taxes under the penalty of law just to be redistributed.

And while were comparing... have the local towns really become more 'konnected' since the inception of Elk Konnected?  Has the county grown?  Is Elk county better now than it was 4 years ago?  Has our overall economy improved?  If so, how?  I don't see it.

Ross

Today it's everyone wanting a handout.
Oh, I just read where two states have passed legislation if you want Welfare you have to pee in the cup.

But really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really hot questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

Are Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC one and the same? Or are they separate entities?

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected and Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on August 10, 2011, 09:19:55 PM
Oh, I just read where two states have passed legislation if you want Welfare you have to pee in the cup.

Does that mean Elk Konnected has to pee in the cup?  But who would be tested... we can't find out who the owners are.   ???

kshillbillys

Are you saying that Elk Konnected is the welfare group? It makes sense! Always taking money from taxpayers as they hide in the shadows like cockroaches apparently ashamed or afraid of a can of Raid!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk