Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

But you are young enough and your mind is still all right.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 28, 2011, 08:30:34 PM
But you are young enough and your mind is still all right.
You don't seem to understand my body isn't cooperating.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Do you mean that you are no longer able to get up and dress yourself, feed yourself and get yourself ready to take yourself to a job where you can sit around all day and use your brain?

readyaimduck

QuoteDo the taxpayers provide mileage costs and/or wages for any county employees to attend and 'work' at Elk Konnected functions?

That is a double edged sword of a question, which in my mind is nitpicking...sorry
The Comissioners  decides who is to get milage cost (at the State rate) and wages are part of the 'work' that they do for a particular class/function (COUNTY related) or meeting of the counties.      
If it is in the budget of that particular department, then perhaps.  If the comissioners don't percieve it as a 'why should we' factor, then, it is denied.
SIMPLE.....be fair for all, or not be fair for some.

Seems to be the law of the land now....

jarhead

Quote from: Wilma on June 28, 2011, 08:39:27 PM
Do you mean that you are no longer able to get up and dress yourself, feed yourself and get yourself ready to take yourself to a job where you can sit around all day and use your brain?

Wilma, did it ever occur to you that Steve might be disabled with PTSD. Maybe he can't be around people that just keep beating a dead horse over---and over---and over---and after listening to it over and over , maybe he wants to strangle them . Just a thought

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 28, 2011, 08:39:27 PM

Thats pretty much what almost killed me in the first place and disabled me.  The sitting and using my brain.  Ok lets get it out.  Worked my butt off most of my life. worked construction when i was teen, worked restaurant work in my late teens early 20s, became a sous chef in aspen.  That was seasonal and didn't provide a good enough living so i worked back in construction this time walking iron. That is steel beams in the building and my job was bolting them together.  Slipped and fell off the 6th story beam, and lost my nerve to climb on beams anymore so i drove a truck for a living.  Worked til i was hit by another driver, crushed my right side.  Took 2 years to heal, got out of my wheel chair cause i was bound and determined i would not die in a wheel chair.  Still walk with a limp to this day.  Went to school for electronics.  Graduated 4.0 went to work for myself started a computer company.  Sold company 2 years later when i moved.   Got pushed out of computers due to big box stores coming in and selling lower than i could build them for.  Took my skills started over again.  This is where the job started killing me.  Worked IT for around 9 years.  1st year at 35, 1st heart attack, next year second heart attack, went two more years 3rd heart attack, next year 4th, and in 2001 my sixth heart attack took me out of the workforce.  Totally.   Surgery was botched up, level 5 angina pain all the time.  went back to school thinking i could retrain and go back to work.  Got my hort degree in 2006 and found out, couldn't work at that either.   Moved here in 2007 and have been somewhat healthier than before but still not able to do more than a few things.    So no I can't go sit at a job. It will kill me.  

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on June 28, 2011, 09:02:02 PM
Quote from Wilma:

Wilma, did it ever occur to you that Steve might be disabled with PTSD. Maybe he can't be around people that just keep beating a dead horse over---and over---and over---and after listening to it over and over , maybe he wants to strangle them . Just a thought

ROTFLMAO

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on June 28, 2011, 09:02:02 PM
Quote from Wilma:

Besides that Jarhead they don't make enough sickdays in a job to cover the amount of time i am sick.   Hell i would fire myself if i were sick that much at my job.

Ross

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on June 28, 2011, 07:33:23 PM

Someone surely does, Rosss.  And surely those who know would speak if the answers weren't problematic.  Of course there are all those other unanswered questions, too.  And the increasing numbers of people waking up and asking those questions and more.  Time will tell.

Do the taxpayers provide mileage costs and/or wages for any county employees to attend and 'work' at Elk Konnected functions?

Just wondering.

You know, that is really a legitimate question. A question that could best be answered by the county clerk. As for the mileage, I don't know what the rate is currently, but ready said it was at "state" rate. The county commissioners in the past have always chosen to go with the state rate just to make things simple.

Another question would be, what county employees are working at Elk Konnected functions besides Jennifer Brummel? A question best answered by the county clerk. Someone could call. Maybe me, maybe you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk