Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 16, 2011, 03:47:36 PM
Re:  the request of the Longton Ball Club for $500.00 from the county.

Ross, wherever you heard that it was doubled to $1000.00 must really be blamed on your hearing loss as many other things that you say could be.  The minutes of the Elk County Commissioner's meeting clearly stated that $500.00 was asked for and approved.  There was no mention of anyone offering to double it.  Who do I believe in this?  The reported minutes of the Commissioner's meeting of course.  They are written by one of our own long time residents of Elk County whose ethics are unimpeachable.
Have the minutes of Mondays Commissioners meeting already been aproved and printed. Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the minutes of Mondays meetings must be approved at the next meeting and then they get published.

And thank you Wilma for dissing my disability. I guess that is the thanks I get for serving my country.

Catwoman

Willma didn't diss you any more than you've dissed me or anyone else...You can dish it out but you can't take it? lol  She just quoted what you had stated about yourself.  And, as far as manipulating her with guilt over something that you incurred in the course of your serving your country...Weak.  The priviledge of getting to exercise your constitutional rights, as an American, should be thanks enough, especially considering the amount of patience it requires on the part of others for you to be able to do so.

kshillbillys

Quote from: Catwoman on June 16, 2011, 06:18:40 PM
The priviledge of getting to exercise your constitutional rights, as an American, should be thanks enough, especially considering the amount of patience it requires on the part of others for you to be able to do so.

Maybe YOU should thank HIM  for the PRIVILEGE (without a D) of exercising your rights to bitch about him. And you're right, it does take A LOT of patience to read some people's posts, especially ones that diss Elk County RESIDENTS... ::)

THANK YOU ROSS!!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

kshillbillies:

Who is dissing the Elk County residents?  We certainly aren't except for a couple that insist that the whole county is corrupt.

The minutes of the county commissioner's meeting that contained the  request for and granting $500.00 to Longton for their ball club was in the paper maybe a couple of months ago.  Since then, Howard has requested and been granted $500.00 for their ball club.

Jarhead:  I am sure that you didn't hear right.  Why don't you call Donna K and ask her if she remembers.  If they did get $1000.00, then someone in Longton should be asking what they did with it.

Catwoman

Yes, Ross...In all seriousness, I agree with the Hillbilly...Thank you for your service to our country.  I have many people in my family who have served long careers in the military, in all the branches, including the Army Air Corps when it existed.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  My point still stands.

kshillbillys

Quote from: Wilma on June 16, 2011, 06:35:36 PM
kshillbillies:

Who is dissing the Elk County residents?  We certainly aren't except for a couple that insist that the whole county is corrupt.

The minutes of the county commissioner's meeting that contained the  request for and granting $500.00 to Longton for their ball club was in the paper maybe a couple of months ago.  Since then, Howard has requested and been granted $500.00 for their ball club.

Jarhead:  I am sure that you didn't hear right.  Why don't you call Donna K and ask her if she remembers.  If they did get $1000.00, then someone in Longton should be asking what they did with it.

Wilma, the couple that "insist that the whole county is corrupt" have not called me corrupt, or Jarhead, or you. So please do not post half truths, because no one has stated that the WHOLE COUNTY is corrupt.

And maybe LBA did get $500 a couple of months ago when they were trying finish the work on the ballfield and ran out of the $4800 they borrowed from the City of Longton. But what Ross is referring to, is MONDAY, JUNE 13th's COUNTY COMMISSIONER MEETING, in which those minutes have not been approved yet or printed in the Prairie Star...get it? And trust me, people in Longton ARE asking what the LBA does with all this money....
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

I see, what Ross is talking about was done at the last meeting of the commissioners.  Why didn't he say so?  I can't say anything about that since I wasn't there and the minutes haven't been published yet.

Now I am wondering, what is wrong with giving the Longton Ball Club $1000.00 to improve their ball field and clubhouse?  The money is budgeted for the use of the recreational programs.  What else should the commissioners do with it?  I have nothing against Longton getting money from the county to help with the expenses of providing summer programs for their young people.  Why are we bitching about it?

Jarhead:  please forgive me for thinking that you had bad hearing.  I should have known that the only thing you lie about is Ol' Sarge.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on June 16, 2011, 05:50:10 PM
instead of having insurance to protect EK and the children that might get hurt at an event due to no one being responsible, just protect the members? Okay!
Damn Ross that can't happen.... That would be a responsible act.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 16, 2011, 07:04:58 PM
I see, what Ross is talking about was done at the last meeting of the commissioners.  Why didn't he say so?  I can't say anything about that since I wasn't there and the minutes haven't been published yet.
I'm Sorry about that. I figured people knew because of my earlier post that it was this Mondays meeting. I'll try to be more careful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk