Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

It seems that flintauqua likes to leave this thread to start another thread to make accusations.
Please go to http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11923.0.html to catch up
on flintauqua sneaky approach and accusations. You might enjoy the read.

flintauqua are you a registered Elk Konnected, LLC Member?

Patriot

It is amazing that in light of the information red posted here:  http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11957.0.html and the uncanny relationship it has to Elk Konnect, LLC that some people still refuse to stop and ask:  Who is Elk Konnected, LLC, and do we really know the whole story?

Other than taking tax dollars, 'imposed community standards', ballgames for the kids and slams on the Elk Falls community over trash service changes.... what, specifically,  do they envision for the future growth of.Elk County? 

How do they propose to grow the population?

What are they doing to attract new, job producing business or industry?

How will they help improve major infrastructure?

What, besides continuing to seek out 'free' grant money, do they suggest regarding the highest property tax rates in KS, obscene spending, rising county debt, etc.?

Who is Elk Konnected, LLC?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Ross on May 31, 2011, 11:11:19 AM
You said,"I see no conflict of interest if the city sees that the cheapest place to purchase things is here in town."  Why are you confusing city councils with a topic on Elk Konnected, LLC and the County commissioners?

I can believe you are not an Elk Konnected, LLC registered member, but who is?
Why start another thread to bad mouth people on this thread? http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11960.0.html
Come here and bad mouth me, I can handle it.

Who is Elk Konnected, LLC? Why won't they use this forum like they said they would. Come out, come out where ever you are.
Copied from another thread.

readyaimduck

1.  Who wrote the grants to get these monies, and at whose suggestion?  (and were all involved with the receipients)
2.  Were there other grants written for infrastructures such as bridges and firehouses?
3.  Does the person writing these grants have the blessed/blessing votes from the comissioners?  I'm not talking about the Wnd Fall Project rather the yearly budget spendings.

Just a few ponderings to try to see where the circle of truth started...The chicken or the egg? 
Questioning is one thing for a project.  Is there a pattern of this happening at every meeting?
The county comissioners were elected to speak for the county.  We just ask for accountability.

Ready

Wilma

Now, you are really getting me confused.  First you insinuate that one of our commissioners is lining his/her pockets with taxpayer money by being associated with an organization that gets money from the Elk County Board of Commissioners.  Isn't that an illegal activity?

Next you say there is nothing to take to the Attorney General.  If you have nothing, then why are you still on here spouting about what you know?

As to the grants that have been written, there are people that write up the applications for grants for entities because they have the training and the time to do it and they get paid for it.  Is that a crime?

Who are the registered members of EKLLC?  I would say every decent citizen of Elk County that wants to see their county be a happy productive place to be.  I know that the names that I have seen in connection with EKLLC are all good citizens, long time citizens, second or third generation citizens.  Most of the business people in Elk County are on that list.  They are the shakers and movers of our county.  They have had the courage to go out and get their education, then come back and try to make this a better place for everyone.

You, Ross, have long have you been an Elk County citizen?  Patriot, how long?  Steve isn't an Elk County citizen and never has been.  You people out there in cyberspace that are reading and laughing, consider the above information and judge for yourselves just who has the best interests of Elk County in their hearts.

I really don't remember anyone saying that they would use this forum for sharing information, but why should they, when everything that they might say is torn apart, sentence by sentence, disputed, debated, and all slanted to show that EKLLC is not a reputable organization.

I heard someplace that someone on this thread thinks that Liz Hendricks and Kate Whetstone are sisters.  I don't know about Liz, but I do know that Kate doesn't have any sisters.  They are cousins, because their fathers are cousins and possibly their fathers were cousins.  If you can sort out the Perkin's connections, you are doing better than I can.  Yet they are all very fine people, especially Julie Perkins, Kate Perkins (the teacher), Susie Perkins, Lois Perkins and the list goes on.  It's kind of like the Durbins in Moline.  And the Liebaus iin Grenola, not to mention the Jontras.

readyaimduck

QuoteNow, you are really getting me confused.  First you insinuate that one of our commissioners is lining his/her pockets with taxpayer money by being associated with an organization that gets money from the Elk County Board of Commissioners.  Isn't that an illegal activity?

Whoa now!  I did NOT infer that someone was lining their pockets!  That would be illegal.  However, it is legal to own a business, get a grant to start a business, get an IRB or a tax break and not have to pay business taxes...which is why most business' go bust/or sold  before the IRB is expended.   That is legal, but in my book a little unethical.

I am not spouting, Wilma. I am asking simple questions that the county as a whole should be asking for accountability.

I consider this website to be very informative, and those that don't like politics should probably not be involved.  Those who use the computer on a somewhat inquisitive basis, should have the sense to 'take it with a grain of salt".  I imagine someone from another State would finally same the same things that you are saying regarding a thread started on April Fools Day.

You cannot take anything to the State Attorney General, unless you have facts...and to be quite honest  I really don't think someone would come forward and state, "Yes I am a member and yes we have done such, and such...now try and take us on!"
That will not happen. (anyway, one would first contact the KCCA with findings.)

But what will happen, are people generally trying to understand the inner workings of Elk Konnected LLC so they may make an honest decision about wether to join or support. 
I swear, between you, Ross & Patriot and a few others...it's difficult to find out!

Ready

readyaimduck

QuoteAs to the grants that have been written, there are people that write up the applications for grants for entities because they have the training and the time to do it and they get paid for it.  Is that a crime?

As long as they are not a comissioner that is affiliated with said group getting the grant...otherwise no, it is not a crime...     I am asking simple questions?

Patriot

Quote from: readyaimduck on May 31, 2011, 01:53:11 PM
I am not spouting, Wilma. I am asking simple questions that the county as a whole should be asking for accountability.

You're right, ready... simple questions deserve simple answers and honest discussion.  Now that you've asked a couple.....DUCK!  ;D

Patriot

Quote from: Patriot on May 31, 2011, 10:57:16 AM
What, specifically,  do they envision for the future growth of.Elk County? 
How do they propose to grow the population?
What are they doing to attract new, job producing business or industry?
How will they help improve major infrastructure?
What, besides continuing to seek out 'free' grant money, do they suggest regarding the highest property tax rates in KS, obscene spending, rising county debt, etc.?
Who is Elk Konnected, LLC?

I reiterate... More simple questions that go unanswered.

readyaimduck

QuoteNow that you've asked a couple.....DUCK! 

LOL, well I may be kicked in the rear from something else other than the thing I ducked at!
now, Ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk