Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

thatsMRSc2u

Patriot

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 25, 2011, 07:12:10 AM
Can I ask a question, if the commissioner in question has a conflict of interest, which I see what your saying but don't agree with, would you say a teacher who coaches a sport and teaches has a conflict of interest? Would they have a conflict of interest if they had a child that played on the team they coach?? Just wondering. My point being, there are not enough people that want to start groups or be involved in groups, so just because they choose to be in different groups that makes it a conflict of interest. I have seen council members that own businesses do both. The businesses benefit the city and the city have bills to pay to that business, the council members just obstains from voting.

The teacher doesn't officially have a say in how 2 to 3 million dollars of other folks tax money is spent (or misspent).  While you may not agree on the point of conflict of interest, you may be missing the bigger picture.  How long did it take you to conclude that an LLC is a legally formed and state registered & sanctioned business?  

Our council members don't abstain from voting.  These things aren't about little league ballgames or trash pickup.  These things are ultimately about corruption, stagnant community growth, and manipulation of the public, and these not between private parties, but between the public and government.  No less so than we see at the national level.  This isn't about the kids.  It's about the grown ups.  It's about jobs.  It's about businesses.  It's about roads.  It's about big money, special interests, political ideology, it's about a shrinking county whose well treated children have nothing to stay for when the leave school.  It's about lipstick on pigs.

I hope you, and others, will someday realize that this is about seeing our world through adult eyes, not the dreamy visions of kids at an after school movie or a taxpayer funded ballgame.  We live in a grown up world, and our kids end up living with (or paying for) the choices we make today.  I happen to think this county has been making some poor choices for many years under the same leadership and same leadership ideology.  It's time to change course.  It's time for real honest growth, not just a bumper sticker slogan.  It's time to be grown ups in a grown up world.  Government should to work for all the people, all the time.  It needs to make wise decisions that lead to long term growth for the majority of the citizens that it represents.  It doesn't need to sub-contract our future to community organizers and men with brooms.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 25, 2011, 07:12:10 AM
Can I ask a question, if the commissioner in question has a conflict of interest, which I see what your saying but don't agree with, would you say a teacher who coaches a sport and teaches has a conflict of interest? Would they have a conflict of interest if they had a child that played on the team they coach?? Just wondering. My point being, there are not enough people that want to start groups or be involved in groups, so just because they choose to be in different groups that makes it a conflict of interest. I have seen council members that own businesses do both. The businesses benefit the city and the city have bills to pay to that business, the council members just obstains from voting.
Wae wre talking about an elected person, big difference

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on May 25, 2011, 09:21:54 AM
Wae wre talking about an elected person, big difference

Hey evil twin!  Put your glasses on and fix that quote, will ya!  lol

Wilma

From today's Wichita paper's Opinion Line, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, hoping for a different result."

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on May 25, 2011, 09:31:13 AM
From today's Wichita paper's Opinion Line, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, hoping for a different result."

Your assumption that we're not getting results is flawed.  If only you knew.

ELK@KC

Some people have e-mailed me that they think Patriot is either Jarhead or Sarge. After thinking about it I think they are right, SARGE/JARHEAD/PATRIOT, makes sense. Now which one is it, do either of you want to admit.

greatguns

Patriot

Quote from: ELK@KC on May 25, 2011, 09:50:23 AM
Some people have e-mailed me that they think Patriot is either Jarhead or Sarge. After thinking about it I think they are right, SARGE/JARHEAD/PATRIOT, makes sense. Now which one is it, do either of you want to admit.

None of the above. While I may often agree with them, we do surely disagree as gentlefolk on some things.

Now, can you debate the political issues, or do you also have an obsession with background gossip, personal identities and underwear styles?  

Did an elected public official hire or influence the hiring of an professional non-resident community organizer (by a private company) to obtain public input and thereby attempt to influence government?  If so, was that done with the knowledge of all three commissioners and the consent of at least 2 by recorded vote?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk