Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Ross, I didn't just arrive on here yesterday.  ;)  WARNING, BORING DISCOURSE AHEAD! STOP! TURN BACK BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE!  ;D ;D ;D
   Of course I've been to Independence and are ashamed to say I even went to the Walmart. :-[ ;D Yes, I know about Halloween, Kirsti Ally, the out house tours, Crazy Days and more. I've been to Sedan, Caney, all  the EK Konnected towns,even Grenola...sorry Varmit... and many more north to Nebraska. (My mom was from Horton.) They just had their graduation...all 37 of them.
  I've eaten at Toots many times and Poplar Pizza,The Swing Bridge Cafe on steak night, stayed in the Rose Room at Crooked Creek Lodge and have eaten Montereys at the Cafe at Longton too. I've been to Elk Falls Pottery, stayed at the Silver Bell Motel and eaten at both the great barbecue place and had breakfast at the bakery in Elk Falls when they were still there. I have photos of the Iron Bridge at Elk Falls at near flood and got a kick out of all the animal tracks along there where the local critters come down to drink. I've shopped at Cooksons' and been to all the shops and museums in the old days. My interest in the doin's out there is very real.
There was a lot of talk about grants some time back but everything that was available at the time were matching grants and nobody had the money for the match to get what was needed.Perhaps it's time to start again. As far as helping each other with the little but important things.They already do it....big time! The people there do share their fruit and veggies, just as I supply my whole street here.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 16, 2011, 11:25:13 AM
Ross, I didn't just arrive on here yesterday.  ;)  WARNING, BORING DISCOURSE AHEAD! STOP! TURN BACK BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE!  ;D ;D ;D
   Of course I've been to Independence and are ashamed to say I even went to the Walmart. :-[ ;D Yes, I know about Halloween, Kirsti Ally, the out house tours, Crazy Days and more. I've been to Sedan, Caney, all  the EK Konnected towns,even Grenola...sorry Varmit... and many more north to Nebraska. (My mom was from Horton.) They just had their graduation...all 37 of them.
  I've eaten at Toots many times and Poplar Pizza,The Swing Bridge Cafe on steak night, stayed in the Rose Room at Crooked Creek Lodge and have eaten Montereys at the Cafe at Longton too. I've been to Elk Falls Pottery, stayed at the Silver Bell Motel and eaten at both the great barbecue place and had breakfast at the bakery in Elk Falls when they were still there. I have photos of the Iron Bridge at Elk Falls at near flood and got a kick out of all the animal tracks along there where the local critters come down to drink. I've shopped at Cooksons' and been to all the shops and museums in the old days. My interest in the doin's out there is very real.
There was a lot of talk about grants some time back but everything that was available at the time were matching grants and nobody had the money for the match to get what was needed.Perhaps it's time to start again. As far as helping each other with the little but important things.They already do it....big time! The people there do share their fruit and veggies, just as I supply my whole street here.
Did I somehow offend you, if so my appologies. But it is apparent you recognize the uniqness of each community. I really enjoy that uniqness when I visit the communities. You can also see the disagreement that can go on in any community and I'm sure if you paid attention to the community that you presently live in you could find something interesting there as well.  But the real point I believe that I was making was Elk konnected, LLC should stay out of their city goveernments,  they have a constitutional right to them.

I found nothing boring at all about your statement, I rather enjoyed it.
About the grants, I believe that is an ever changing thing. In fact I think they may become very scarce to none very soon.

Diane Amberg

Ross, in no way did you offend me and it's clear you do try not to. That is very refreshing. There are a couple of people on the forum who jump to personal attacks immediately and try to ruin the credibility of the poster when they disagree rather than debate the issues.

Ross

Why, thank yo Diane. I appreciate the compliment.

jprxmkt

I would like to clear up a huge misconception.  Elk Konnected LLC does not have a mission to centralize the government in Elk County.  That idea was brought up in one of the circles by an Elk county (not EK LLC) at the wind farm meeting in Moline.  Also the idea of 1 county fair was brought up by an Elk County citizen (not EK LLC) in one of the meetings.  The circles consisted of people from all parts of the county, all walks of life, rich, poor, college educated, high school dropouts, employed, unemployed, etc.  A note taker was chosen from each circle by the entire circle also not ELK Konnected LLC.   That person recorded all ideas brought up by that circle of people (again not ELk Konnected LLC).  All of those note takers from each circle then had a meeting to compile all ideas from every single circle so that every single person's ideas were presented to the commissioners.  There is clearly documentation on all of it.  Every idea from a golf course to assisted living facilities in every community was listened to, recorded and given to the commissioners.  Now it is in their hands.  All 3 of them.  It is now their daunting task to figure out which ideas are feasible.  It was a great night of brainstorming and wondering how great our whole community, all towns and rural people included, could be if we think and work positively to make it happen for all of us!  The main mission of Elk Konnected LLC is to keep each town talking and working together to accomplish great things so we can all grow.  We all need each other to keep this a great place to live, to retain what we currently have, and to supplement it in the future.

Wilma

Very well put, Julie.  This has all been said before, but conveniently forgotten by some.  So, please, before you start again on what you perceive as a potential takeover by Elk Konnected, LLC, remember that all these ideas came from citizens of Elk County.  None of them will become reality until the commissioners decide which ones to do.  All that has been done is to collect the ideas, be they big or small, fact or fallacy, doable or not doable, good ideas or stupid ideas.  Nothing can be done overnight or even decided overnight.  Get you Hanes in a twist if you want to, but spare us your agony.

Ross

Quote from: jprxmkt on May 16, 2011, 07:40:26 PM
I would like to clear up a huge misconception.  Elk Konnected LLC does not have a mission to centralize the government in Elk County.  That idea was brought up in one of the circles by an Elk county (not EK LLC) at the wind farm meeting in Moline.  Also the idea of 1 county fair was brought up by an Elk County citizen (not EK LLC) in one of the meetings.  The circles consisted of people from all parts of the county, all walks of life, rich, poor, college educated, high school dropouts, employed, unemployed, etc.  A note taker was chosen from each circle by the entire circle also not ELK Konnected LLC.   That person recorded all ideas brought up by that circle of people (again not ELk Konnected LLC).  All of those note takers from each circle then had a meeting to compile all ideas from every single circle so that every single person's ideas were presented to the commissioners.  There is clearly documentation on all of it.  Every idea from a golf course to assisted living facilities in every community was listened to, recorded and given to the commissioners.  Now it is in their hands.  All 3 of them.  It is now their daunting task to figure out which ideas are feasible.  It was a great night of brainstorming and wondering how great our whole community, all towns and rural people included, could be if we think and work positively to make it happen for all of us!  The main mission of Elk Konnected LLC is to keep each town talking and working together to accomplish great things so we can all grow.  We all need each other to keep this a great place to live, to retain what we currently have, and to supplement it in the future.

It sounds like you are an Elk Konnected, LLC insider. So I'm asking why are the insiders hiding? Who are the insiders?

And as far as being Elk Konnected, LLC ideas the ideas came from Elk Konnected, LLC's strictly controlled Community Conversations and filtered, and catoragized by Elk Konnected, LLC. So the argument that it is not an Elk Konnected, LLC agenda doesn't hold water. If you want it to hold water I would only suggest Elk Konnected, LLC leave county government up to the elected officials. They could hold their own meeting with the county people. Or is it that you don't believe they are capable.

You said, "That idea was brought up in one of the circles by an Elk county (not EK LLC) at the wind farm meeting in Moline."   Are you saying the Community Conversation controlled by Public Square Communities,LLC was not called by Elk Konnected, LLC? Are you saying that Moline is not part of the Elk Konnected, LLC community? You have really confused me now?

You said, "It is now their daunting task to figure out which ideas are feasible.."  With two out of three  County Commissioners who appear to be connected with Elk Konnected, LLC  can't you see a flaw with that? Doesn't that make the task that more daunting? One County Commissioner a founding member of Elk Konnected, LLC. Big conflict of interest.      

Perhaps being an insider you could show us some public documents that the IRS told me you are suppose to post openly. Those being the "Letter of Determination", the "Exemption Application", and your "Annual Information Return" . That might put some minds at ease. Show a little transparency, who are the official members of Elk Konnected, LLC That would be a good start and how is your company organized? IE, secretary, treasurer etc. I'm sure the people in the county would like to know. Afterall you only had about 5 percent of the population show up for the supposed conversation.

Perhaps, I misunderstood about membership, I was told since I showed up at a community conversation that I was a member of Elk Konnected, LLC. I argued otherwise, because I did not sign you little piece of paper. So, if all those people that signed your little paper are members and they made the suggestions, theat seems to me to make it an Elk Konnected, LLC idea. Correct me if I'm wrong. Are those people that attended the conversation and signed in members or not? Are the volunteers members or not? Pretty simple questions, that only require a simple yes or a no.

Wow, I sure am glad you are available to clear up all the confusion. Thanks.

flintauqua

Ross,

By the time you and patriot get done with this subject, there won't be a Public Square.  By continuing to chase your own tail, you will have turned it into a Public Round.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on May 16, 2011, 08:20:24 PM
Very well put, Julie.  This has all been said before, but conveniently forgotten by some.  So, please, before you start again on what you perceive as a potential takeover by Elk Konnected, LLC, remember that all these ideas came from citizens of Elk County.  None of them will become reality until the commissioners decide which ones to do.  All that has been done is to collect the ideas, be they big or small, fact or fallacy, doable or not doable, good ideas or stupid ideas.  Nothing can be done overnight or even decided overnight.  Get you Hanes in a twist if you want to, but spare us your agony.

Why collect ideas if you think it is worthless, that they mean nothing.  But the ideas were catoragized as big ideas for some reason weren't they? Oh, we know nothing can be done over night it takes time for things to brew doesn't it.

You said, "Get you Hanes in a twist if you want to, but spare us your agony." I don't wear Hanes but if you want to know just ask, and I don't let them get twisted, there is nothing to gain by that. And I am in no agony. It appears my questions give you agony or these remarks by you wouldn't be necessary. And I hope and pray the agony is not too unbearable.

Patriot

Quote from: jprxmkt on May 16, 2011, 07:40:26 PM
I would like to clear up a huge misconception.  Every idea from a golf course to assisted living facilities in every community was listened to, recorded and given to the commissioners.  Now it is in their hands.  All 3 of them.  It is now their daunting task to figure out which ideas are feasible.

Can we assume, from the authoritative revelations in your post, that you are a legally admitted member of Elk Konnected, LLC?  If so, thanks for speaking up. 

Additionally, if one or more county commissioners are also admitted members of the LLC, how is it that he/she/they do not recuse themselves from commission votes when taxpayer money is solicited for EK sponsored functions?  Seems a very fine line.

Quote from: Wilma on May 16, 2011, 08:20:24 PM
None of them will become reality until the commissioners decide which ones to do....
..Get you Hanes in a twist if you want to, but spare us your agony.

Follow the bouncing ball.  Elk Konnected, LLC... sponsors functions... takes taxpayer funds... county commissioner(s) dole out those funds... if elected officials also run/own Elk Konnected, LLC... potential conflict of interest.  Without considerable transparency (obtained by voluntary disclosure, through discovery in a lawsuit, or via criminal investigation), it's difficult to know.

Twisted Hanes?  Spared agony?  Oh, please.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk